Dior Diorshow Mascara

Dior Diorshow Mascara
Diorshow MascaraDiorshow MascaraEnter TitleDIORSHOW MASCARADiorshow Mascara

3.4

Aqua, Glyceryl Stearate, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Strearic Acid, Copernica Cerifera(Carnauba) Wax, Silica, Gyceryl Stearate, Isostearic Acid, Triethalonamine, Glyceryl Hydrogenated Rosinate, PVP/VA Copolymer, Hydrolized Keratin, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum(Fragrance), Diazolidinyl Urea, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Isobutylparaben, Geraniol, Citronellol, Cinnamyl, Alcohol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde.

on 8/22/2007 11:31:00 PM

DiorShow is the popular girl at school that everyone loves, but you know is secretly a total bitch. In the beginning, it's all pretty packaging and hype and yes, big gorgeous lashes, but soon you realize that there are flakes and smears and it could definitely use a little more substance (i.e.: pigment)
She's cool to be seen with, but is it really worth it?

on 6/22/2007 10:33:00 PM

This is actually not a bad mascara, it's just not a really good one either. The brush is mega big and slightly difficult to maneuver at first until you get the hang of it. The mascara itself tends to clump just a bit, and it's just really an average everyday mascara. Not a lot of lengthening, not a lot of volumizing going on. And it flakes a bit by the end of the day. There are much cheaper mascaras that are every bit as good. In my opinion, they should have finished the sentence - Doirshow me how to blow $25.

on 7/25/2007 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I love this mascara. I mean, LOVE, as in, I want to dry hump the big, fat, black and silver wand and call for room service after. It's terrible, the way this mascara has ruined me to every other mascara on the planet. I'm on maternity leave right now, and thus, poor as dirt. (America the Beautiful, lagging behind almost every developed nation in the world when it comes to maternity benefits. But I digress.) My point is, Diorshow mascara costs almost $25; the first time I bought it, $25 for a single mascara wand was such an alien concept to me that I nearly choked myself with the frigging thing out in the mall parkinglot out of guilt. But five years and about 20 tubes later, it's easy peasy for me, because this stuff rocks. The wand is massive, particularly the first time you set eyes on it- "Holy egg beater, Batman," I thought. It truly stunned me. And the mascara itself is thick and gooey, which might also be daunting to newcomers, at first. But the fact is, this stuff builds and separates like no other mascara on the market. I've tried every overly hyped "dramatic" mascara on the market- high end, low end, and everything in between- and none of them even come close to the effect I can get with this product. I feel gorgeous in this mascara, to be sure. And the best part is, as intense and thick and lengthening as it is, it comes off easily with soap and water. I don't know much right now, being in that hazy crazy new mom state, but I do know that as soon as lick this breastfeeding thing and get around to knocking over the neighborhood kids' lemonade stand, I'm getting me another tube, stat.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My ultimate HG mascara! Like many of the reviewers here, I was disappointed when I first tried it. Diorshow seemed to do a decent job of lengthening without clumps, but it was nothing I couldn't get for fifteen bucks cheaper. So it sat in my drawer for a while, waiting for me to take it back to Sephora. When I was in a hurry I would pull it out and use it, because I knew it would do a good job without messing up or having an "off" day. One day I got creative and decided to apply it the way the MUA did at Sephora. I bent the brush, squeezed my eyes shut, and wiggled the large brush vigorously from the bottom of my lashes upward. After a few strokes like this, I opened my eyes and finished with another coat applyed in an alternating saw and sweep motion. I gasped, in a good way, at the results. All of a sudden I had a bazillion carefully defined and fluffy soft lashes, even to the touch! I think Diorshow works for me where all the other thickening formulas failed because instead of trying to add lashes (which results in clumping) it separates and coats each lash beautifully, with little or none of them sticking together. After letting the mascara dry, I curled my lashes (it works a lot better afterwards for me than before, and I haven't lost an eyelash yet) and I have a "wow" look. (I normally have average length and reasonably thick lashes, pretty straight.) I love how this mascara not only thickens wonderfully, but really pulls my lashes "up there" with lengthening and curling. I know that everyone is completely different, so this mascara may not be for you. But for me, it's the most awesome beauty product there is! It also really brings out the green in my eyes, somehow. I adore the fluffy brush (although the large opening built to accomodate it makes the mascara dry rather quickly, yet I've found that letting it sit unused for a couple of days typically solves this problem) and the light rose scent. Plus, the packaging is so classy. The way I look at the high price tag: Yes, the price is expensive for a mascara, but not for the thickest, longest, fluffiest lashes ever! This is something I will continue to replace over and over again. I've had this tube for three months and it's still going good, though. I can even smell the light rose scent at the end of the day!
In my eyes (no pun intended!) Diorshow deserves the "Best of Sephora 2007" and all the hype a hundred times over!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Eyes: Violet

I generally take mascara reviews with a huge grain of salt, and I don't really like to review them. Mascara is nearly as personal as perfume. Your natural body chemistry plus the types of scents you enjoy and find appropriate for your daily life will dictate whether a perfume is "good" or "bad." Same concept here. Everyone is searching for something different, and it really depends on your desired look, as well as how your lashes are naturally.

However, because Diorshow is one of the most popular, raved about mascaras ever, I figured I'd review this one in the name of giving some advice. Hopefully this will help someone out there. I'm not a beauty editor or a makeup SA. I'm just a girl who has spent what feels like her whole life since age 13 looking for the perfect mascara. Whenever you read or review mascaras, it's my belief that there are 3 key elements everyone should take into consideration.

1. The reviewer's natural lashes: When I was little, my lashes were super thick and long. As I've aged, they've thinned out. They're still pretty; fairly long and the outer lashes have a nice curl. But my quest has always been to get that lush doll look back.

2. The reviewer's eye shape: I have large, Bette Davis-shaped eyes. This is the key element that many, many girls leave out when they give a review. However, I can almost always spot the girls with smaller or more narrow eyes by their complaints of large brushes. IF YOU HAVE SMALL EYES, DO NOT PURCHASE THIS MASCARA! The brush is not going to make you happy. For girls with that eye shape, I would delve into Lancome's offerings, as I know that they have a lot of various brush shapes and sizes to choose from. I believe Defincils, for example, has a smaller brush. Dior's tend to be quite oversized. If you have average to large eyes, go for the Dior.

3. The look the reviewer is going for: Sophisticated drama for daytime looks, graduate classes, and low key nights out. When I want full-force, over the top drama, I go for Diorshow Blackout, which is another review altogether. (Quick take: False lashes in a tube!)

Given all those elements, here is my Diorshow review. Again, take it with a grain of salt, as we may or may not match up on the factors listed above.

I love this mascara! For a while I was using Bare Escentuals Flawless Definition Volumizing. When I switched to Diorshow, I realized what I was missing in my daily looks: Feathery, natural-ish looking lashes that are sexy yet ladylike. I look like I was born with a fantastic set of lashes when I use 1 - 2 coats of Diorshow. The look is always pin-up girl, but never too outrageous to the point of distraction. I feel comfortable wearing this to grad school classes where I'm expected to look semi-professional. This does the job, but at the same time it adds a touch of glamour, and allows me to look and feel like, well, me.

Yes, the formula's a bit dry. To me, that's one of the best things about it. It dries fast but it never looks hard or crusty. The lashes are still soft. Not as soft as the BE, but then again the BE never offered this much volume either. The oversized brush is, for me, easy to use and convenient for my eye shape. The only real downfall to this mascara is that sometimes I need to curl my lashes again afterward. However, I've always broken that beauty rule about only curling your lashes before mascara; I've always thought it looked better to do it after. I never have lashes break and I don't really lose many, so I'm comfortable doing this step after applying Diorshow. I should also add that I've never found a mascara that really curls my lashes uniformly.

All in all, I love this mascara. It plays well with others (hint: Layer a coat of this under Blackout and throw all your falsies away forever!) and looks incredible without a primer. I don't care for the price, but $24.50 for a tube that lasts 3 - 4 months isn't terrible. If you don't mind paying a bit more for this type of product, I cheerfully suggest going for it!

I LOVED this mascara!.. until it started drying out after only a month. Not only did it dry out quickly, but it started flaking TERRIBLY! I've been through about 2 tubes of these in less than 3 months, and I think I finally found a solution to it drying out prematurely..

LISTEN UP LADIES.. I found out how to save your drying mascara! All I did was add a couple of drops of contact solution to the bottle.. stir it around with the mascara wand a little and VIOLA, just like new! I know it may sound a little weird, but try it yourself - I'll bet that you won't have flakes all over your face, and your mascara will be like new!

Obviously, you should still throw out your mascara every 3 months - but at least you won't be forced to throw out your $25 Diorshow every month!

Diorshow is 1 of my HG mascaras.

I have somewhat long, naturally curly & somewhat thick (were thicker when I was younger) lashes to begin with. It is difficult to find a lenghtening mascara that also thickens the lash without " overly fattening" the lash. This does the trick quite nicely.

This is not an overly wet mascara that can leave smears or spots everywhere (a mascara pet peeve of mine) and for the that it warrants a 5+.

For effortless application a 5+.

For curling - don't know - I've never needed a curling mascara but I do know that this mascara does not undo my natural curl as other mascara's have done (think Lancome Defincils) so for that it warrants a 5+ from me.

For superior lengthening - a 5+

For thickening - again a 5+. This will not give you spidery uber thick lashes & for that reason, I absolutely love this mascara.

For not clumping - another 5+. I've never had a clumping problem with this mascara - top notch award to this mascara for this

Flaking - awwww here's the only category that doesn't warrant a 5+. I give it a 4+ in this category. While it wears wonderfully for most of the day, it does tend to start flaking after about 12 -14 hours of wear.
Can't complain too much though - this mascara is near perfection as it is except for this & the following.

Scent - This is the one thing I despise about this mascara. Dior for some bizarre reason added a rose scent to this mascara. Thankfully, the scent does not irritate my eyes in any way. I have found that the level of scent varies from tube to tube (heavy in some, mild in others). It does fade after a few uses (thankfully!) Dior - what were you thinking?

All in all, I do love this mascara & continue to buy it over & over and do recommend it for those seeking the attributes above. continued >>

on 10/26/2016 6:43:00 PM

Dear god, I hated this. It was recommended to me by an extremely glamorous friend who always looks impeccable, so perhaps I'm just annoyed it didn't turn me into a thin beautiful Indian woman. Anyway, it's a swine to use, it's sort of wet but resists sticking to your lashes unless you really work it in. I was told to keep going with it while it's wet, and if you sort of worry at it for a while it does give you giant black lashes but it also made me look as if I'd been using joke binoculars. I had to put it on first with a bare face so I could use eye makeup remover to tidy up (my usual cotton bud with a bit of liquid foundation did not stand a chance with this bad boy), and it added a full five minutes to getting ready. Which felt like the blink of an eye compared with the amount of time it took me to get off - this stuff doesn't quit, I resorted to baby oil in the end. It defeated Clinique Take The Day Off and even Lush Ultrabland and the sheer effort to remove it gave me sore eyes. It's one of those products that seems to divide opinion, so I'd say try it in case it agrees with you. Personally I prefer YSL, Estée Lauder or the superb Urban Decay Perversion. I also hate BeneFit They're Real for context, but this is horrible in its own unique manner. I also think the packaging is blah for the price, YSL or Estee is much nicer.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

WTF?????? WTF IS THIS???? PEOPLE USE THIS?????

This mascara has to be some sort of a joke. I'm no makeup artist, but I've been wearing makeup daily for idk, 10-ish years? I have the dexterity to apply mascara without getting it all over my entire face.

I put this on like any other mascara. The big brush is cool, and would be amazing with a normal mascara. Sadly, not compatible with this formula--the mascara did not get applied to just my lashes, it also got applied to my upper lash line, which, when I tried to "clean up" with makeup remover on a Qtip, smudged across my entire eyelid.

And then I made the mistake of blinking. Like 30 seconds after I applied it. So now my entire lower lash line is coated in goop. So I tried to remove it from there, and I looked up. And then my entire brow bone was covered in goop.

It normally takes me a very small amount of makeup remover to clean up mascara transfer. This took me 3 cotton pads. It doesn't wipe off cleanly--it leaves black smears all over your face. And it leaves black smudges all over your fingers, which will turn into black smudges all over everything you own.

I hope that my review thus far is enough to deter anyone from spending TWENTY EIGHT ENTIRE DOLLARS on this nonsense, but just in case, I'm also going to mention the horrible chemical scent that I was convinced was actually paint thinner that some sneaky customer funneled into my tube before returning it to Sephora and pretending it was brand new. But all 3 tubes I bought (yes, I was this excited to finally be an adult and buy nice high end things) smelled exactly the same. Some people say it smells like roses. I am not sure what those people are smoking.

The best part about this mascara is that when you wash your face at the end of the night it kind of melts off in weird little rubbery strands so you feel like you're peeling Elmer's glue off your hands, only, it's your eyelashes. That was kind of fun.

I will add that I did try this with another mascara layered underneath (I used my old mascara in the morning and put this on top that night and did not have this problem--the Diorshow basically stayed put.) So if you normally use a primer, you might have better luck.

Needless to say, I will most definitely be returning this to Sephora.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Really wet, overpriced, can't hold a curl and clumps easily...Disappointing....This mascara is all HYPE