Dior Diorshow Mascara

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
Dior Diorshow Mascara
Diorshow MascaraDiorshow MascaraEnter TitleDIORSHOW MASCARADiorshow Mascara

3.2

Aqua, Glyceryl Stearate, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Strearic Acid, Copernica Cerifera(Carnauba) Wax, Silica, Gyceryl Stearate, Isostearic Acid, Triethalonamine, Glyceryl Hydrogenated Rosinate, PVP/VA Copolymer, Hydrolized Keratin, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum(Fragrance), Diazolidinyl Urea, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Isobutylparaben, Geraniol, Citronellol, Cinnamyl, Alcohol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde.

on 4/16/2018 11:01:00 PM

goes on really easily but FLAKES LIKE CRAZY - what a waste of hard-earned money!

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse

My retailer slipped me the Diorshow instead of the Dior Blackout I have been buying. This is definitely not as effective, but I don't miss the difficult clean up with the Blackout! I will go back to Blackout next time as it gives much better coverage with one application.
Many reviewers have mentioned the scent problem. I am extremely sensitive to scent but I haven't had a problem with the Dior brand mascara.

on 4/3/2016 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This used to be my holy grail for the most dramatic lashes possible. I thought I'd see how it works now. It's not irritating to the eyes or eyelids and it works better than almost anything. It's just that the strong perfume made me wash it off after a few hours. The scent never went away. Too bad because it gives me perfect lashes instantly. You do not need to keep applying more and more to get results. I found that 2 coats is just right. With other brands I have to put on 3 or more coats to get the same effect. The big problem is the heavy perfume and for that reason, I will be getting Dior Black Out instead from now on.

Update Apr 20/16: I tried it again using one coat on top of another brand, and this time the scent didn't bother me. I think it's less strong now. I used it on top of a disappointing mascara that gave no length. So using one coat of this on top of others might be the best way to get that fabulous look.

Update Apr 28/16: This is my hg again. In all my recent comparison photos, 3 coats of this alone looks the best. Yes - better than Hypnose. I love trying mascaras and always will, but the pictures don't lie. These lashes are fluffy, long, full, and don't look stiff, clumped or twiglike. Part of the reason for this is the brush. I have to say this is my best mascara, even with the perfume scent. I can live with it. I think it works better now than the day I bought it because it has dried slightly. The look is perfection. I'm sold. I still have a box full of mascaras that I must occasionally use, and some of them are quite good, but now I know for sure this is the best one.

Update Apr 29/16: Logically, this cannot rate as highly as Hypnose because of the awful perfume. You literally can smell it all day as if you had sprayed it on. I have to lower my rating to 4. I still love the way it makes my lashes look.

Update June 16/17: I am lowering this to 2. It's not an acceptable mascara because of the perfume. I will never buy it again.

I buy this mascara on regular basis and from time to time, I will try something else. This is one of my favourites. The brush is very long and has a lot of bristles. The length of the brush is too long for me but I got then hang of it and the application goes on like a dream! You really can't go wrong with this one. It makes my lashes look full, separate reasonably well with no clumping. For a high end brand mascara, the price is okay.

on 12/20/2014 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Just buy the Chanel.

on 5/19/2014 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

But for the price, I find this to be outstanding, lengthening, thickening, staying power, etc. I would buy this again, and have bought it several times, when I feel like splurging.

on 12/18/2012 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought this mascara as a splurge after reading so many good reviews about it. Should've taken the time to read all the bad reviews! Applied to my lashes, went on easily, and lengthened my lashes more than any other mascara I've ever tried. Thought I'd found my perfect mascara. That lasted for all of about 20 seconds, until my eyes started burning!! Turns out this mascara contains fragrance, so guessing that is what caused the eye irratiation. I am not allergic to any fragrance that I know of, but this mascara made my eyes burn almost immediately. That was yesterday. Woke up this morning and my eyes are still irritated and somewhat bloodshot from using this mascara.

This is probably the worst mascara I have ever tried. Although I do not have long or thick lashes, I do have lashes and this did absolutely nothing for them - I have tried DS mascaras that have far exceeded this overpriced, over-hyped and poor mascara. Would never again use - even if I got it for free!

on 8/28/2010 3:32:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

nothing special for me.

on 6/7/2010 6:30:00 PM

i have been devoted to this mascara since it first appeared.as a pale-skinned redhead,my lashes are so fair that they are almost see-through!and they aren't the thickest around,either!but the dior "iconic" and "blackout" both give me spectacular lashes.i find that the "extase"version is almost mascara overload-but if you wipe some off on a tissue it rocks,too.