Dior Diorshow Mascara

Filtered by age: 44-55
Dior Diorshow Mascara
Diorshow MascaraDiorshow MascaraEnter TitleDIORSHOW MASCARADiorshow Mascara

3.2

Aqua, Glyceryl Stearate, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Strearic Acid, Copernica Cerifera(Carnauba) Wax, Silica, Gyceryl Stearate, Isostearic Acid, Triethalonamine, Glyceryl Hydrogenated Rosinate, PVP/VA Copolymer, Hydrolized Keratin, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum(Fragrance), Diazolidinyl Urea, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Isobutylparaben, Geraniol, Citronellol, Cinnamyl, Alcohol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pros:
- natural looking volumized lashes
- no flaking
- no clumping (but then I only applied 1-2 light coats)
- held the curl (somewhat)
- comes off easily with jojoba oil
- scent is pleasant or strong (but then I am a daily perfume wearer)

Cons:
- expensive
- does not lengthen

Good treat but not practical on the wallet.

on 9/17/2017 6:12:00 PM

Great brush and good formula as long as you don't cry. It ran down my face as soon as a few tears came, couldn't even wipe it off my face. What a mess. For a mascara that's this expensive I expected a little more water resistance. Will not repurchase as there are many many better mascaras out there (Maybelline and L'Oreal for example).

This is my initial review. I will do a follow up at 3 months or before, depending on results. Some.say this formula dies out after a short time, but I have also read they improved the tube to correct the problem.

I enjoy this mascara. It gives a very fluttery, full look to my lashes. The pigment is very black. I applied at 4:30 am and it wore well for a solid 13-hours and it did not flake.

I think the price stinks, but I have had very poor luck with DS mascaras. They flake, smudge, or irritate my eyes. I've tried loads and for the price I've spent on finding a decent DS brand, I could have bought several HE mascaras.
I have

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

When I first began applying this for the very first time I got very excited with each and every brush stroke, it was looking incredible, absolutely amazing, it was beautifully adding incredible perfect volume and length, and separating my lashes, and was a perfect shade of black..I thought, holy moly, this stuff is perfection!! It even seemed to lift my lashes up. I was absolutely thrilled...for about half an hour, and then this quickly went south for me..

Ultimately, I found, after wearing this even for just less than an hour, this oddly began 'disappearing' from my lashes. GONE in less than 60 minutes. WHAT?!? But after about an hour of wear (and quite a few layers when initially applied), this looked like I only did one light layer of mascara, and this looked as if I had worn for 12 hours. It was awful. The good thing is, I did not get any transfer, no irritation, no smudging, no smearing, and no flaking. But less than one hour of decent wear..?! What is up with that!? Also, the brush is huge (kind of fat and sort of long), so if you have small eyes or not the most steady of hands, that could be a problem.

I so wish this lasted me longer than half an hour of amazing, beautiful, wear-time. But all of the other pluses for me are negated by the terrible wear time and pretty much zero lasting power. But because this disappears almost entirely from my lashes in less than half an hour, leaving me with the 'greyed out' look (I saw that term used by a fellow MUA reviewer here a long time ago), ultimately leaves me with a 'no-repurchase' for me (I had a deluxe sample of this, perhaps the full size performs better, but I do not see how that would be possible).

I loved how this looked for about half an hour, but I cannot rate a product highly that disappears so quickly.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm highly critical of the recent trend, started by Too Faced, of putting fragrance in eye shadows. It just seems the dumbest thing to do, given that many people have problems with scented products. BUT....having said that, I love that this mascara smells of roses rather than of what I imagine coal oil or kerosene lamp oil smells like, which is the smell of most other mascaras in the world. I'll take roses any day.

I got a sample size of this with some Sephora gift bag and I love it. It is SO black and really makes my lashes look lush and dark. And it doesn't smudge on me, which is a major bonus. But I am pretty cheap when it comes to mascara. Except for Clarins's Be Long (and maybe Make Up For Ever), which are the only two for which I pay a higher price, I am pretty happy with L'Oreal Voluminous for every day wear. But I might treat myself to a full sized tube of this beautiful mascara the next time there is a GWP at the Dior counter or when Sephora has their next 20% off VIB Rouge sale.

on 4/20/2016 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

There are many things to like about this mascara. The color is very, very black, the packaging is lovely, and the brush shape is really nice (it's easy to use the tip for smaller lashes). At the same time, the fragrance is very strong and ROSEY. I am able to smell it hours after the mascara application. I prefer using this mascara atop the Dior primer (which I really, really like!) but it tends to feel heavy on my lashes by the end of the day. It does wash off easily.

on 2/9/2016 10:50:00 PM

This seems to be popular, and I tried it on the advice of a friend who raved about it, but I was unimpressed. The brush is huge, and difficult to deal with - I had trouble getting my smaller corner lashes at all. The color is nice, a deep, rich, velvety black, but I found it clumped on me, and flaked/smudged fairly quickly. I won't be buying again, especially at this price!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

For the price this is an average mascara. I was not all that impressed for the price. I used the entire tube due to not wanting to waste it.
It was nothing special and just a "meh" mascara. For the price some drugstore brands I normally use worked better.
I also noticed after about 8 hours of wear it began to flake.
A bit disappointed for the price.

After reading a lot of the reviews, I did rethink the hype. True, there are drugstore brands that may be close to as wonderful for a third of the price. I think the difference, is in how it treats my lashes. I have to use waterproof to get any staying power in drugstore brands, which of course cause my lashes to fall out and break. But after a couple weeks of treating my lashes to Diorshow, they are finally coming back. This mascara allows my lashes to flex and move. They do not break and it does not flake. I don't need waterproof, as the regular stays put all day. It is worth the purchase to say I have my lashes coming back to life.

on 11/22/2015 6:58:00 AM

Agree with many others. This is the new version. It does add decent volume, but it is clumpy at that and smudges AND flakes. I like alot of dior things, but not their mascaras.