Clairol Tousle Me Softly Mousse

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have been using this mousse for over a year now. It gives good hold, smooths flyaways, and has a nice non-comittal scent. Like most mousses, it dries a little crunchy, but after smoothing it with hands, its softens right up. The only downside is that if you use too much it will leave little white fibers on your hair. However, I have yet to find a mousse that doesn't have that problem.

on 3/7/2016 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this for a different mousse option to try that had decent ratings. I will say that it smells good (not overbearing, it was gone from my hair after I blowdried it), cheap, and it made my hair soft and natural. It did not make it fuller with more volume, but this isn't the "volumizing" mousse range - so that was fine. I have fine (but lots of it) long hair and style it straight (do not use a flat iron) and this made it feel like just normal hair. Nothing special, but a good every day mousse that doesn't dry out your hair.

Edit: after trying this a couple of days - trying to make it work - I had to come back and reduce lippies. It made my hair automatically really static-y, even with extra heat protection spray WITH the mousse. Will not be using this again.

on 8/10/2014 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

How come no one told me this is the BEST product ever for my long/curly/wavy/frizzy hair? I seriously haven't found anything like it, and I've tried a lot. It holds just enough and does not go crunchy at all. It's light enough to use a lot of and i can put it right on my roots. The scent is nice but not overpowering.
This stuff is so perfect for my hair it's a little bit crazy. So happy I found it, and for so cheap.

This is EXACTLY what my hair needs.

I have long, med-thick, very voluminous, wavy, color-treated [caucasian] hair. I realize the first 4 things I said sound like a lot of people's dream hair - and I am definitely happy its FINALLY!!! long - but as anyone with wavy and voluminous hair will tell you, it is so g-d*mn hit and miss. You never know what you're going to get with it, shower-to-shower, day-to-day. As a result, I never really invested in curl/wave-specific products. Just general serums, moisturizers, etc.

I bought several ion curl products the other week at Sally's. I figured they'd be my salvation. They were all garbage. I can't even be bothered to review them just yet, because how do you explain, "crappy for me, but might work for you, since wavy hair is a crapshoot"?

anyhoo, I have a girlfriend who told me ages ago she exclusively uses the tousle me softly line. Between their ad campaign, packaging, naming, and it being a mousse and this not being the 90s, I couldn't bring myself to go anywhere near it. Until an extended grocery trip and finding this on sale.

In total truth, I haven't used this alone. I applied it over Davines OI oil.

What it did, for me, was smooth the hair, encourage long-wave pattern, cut out some excess volume, and add shine and definition. I kept my hair in a bun for most of the day while this air-dried in, and reapplied it on dry hair too.

I'm SUPER impressed. It did exactly what I wanted it to do. This may be the $2.50 drugstore product that saves my hair/feelings about my hair. That has never happened to me!

on 11/27/2013 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Good amount of hold without crunchiness. However, this dried out my hair big time! Too bad. I really wanted to like this stuff.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Clairol products always have the best scents!! This one reminds me of green apples! I have naturally thick wavy hair and this mousse keeps it tamed and frizz free. I love using this on damp hair when I know I'm going to let my hair dry naturally throughout the night. I also love using this on dry hair on days where I feel like my hair is looking too nappy. Def Would repurchase!!

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have naturally curly hair and i bought this just to give my Hair more texture or so. I'd have to say i got tired of the smell after a while. And it kind of makes my hair sticky if you get what i'm saying.. Overall this Product is OK

on 5/21/2012 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I enjoyed this for my very curly hair. It gave me a decent amount of volume (I love some big Texas hair) and held my curls all day. I also use this often when I blow out my hair..mainly because it still gives me good volume, better than some mousse, but pretty comparable to others as well.

This mousse did not give me any tousle at all. I was disappointed, since I tried very hard just to get a somewhat curl. The smell was too over-powering, and gave me a bit of a headache. It smelled very floral without the old-ladyness. Packaging is cute, and I enjoyed the "pump" at the top. I will not be repurchasing

on 2/25/2012 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I love this mousse so much! It smells like heaven! Also, my hair is naturally wavy already so this helps my hair look really nice and wavy. I like the bottle it is really cute. The mousse itself is nice too! This product smells amazing, is cheap, and works great!

Popular Styling Products