Clairol Herbal Essence Tousle Me Softly Spray Gel

Clairol Herbal Essence Tousle Me Softly Spray Gel
Herbal Essence Tousle Me Softly Spray GelHerbal Essence Tousle Me Softly Spray Gel

Price: $

Price: $

Water, PVP, Fragrance, Chitosan, Lactic Acid, Polysorbate 20, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, PEG 60 Almond Glycerides, Methylparaben, Polysorbate 80, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexl Glycerin, Tocopherol

I really like this spray gel. I originally bought it thinking it was hairspray because my boyfriend loves curly/wavy hair and I'm all straight, so I got a curling iron, just to mix things up. I was looking for a flexible hold hairspray for when I used it, but upon buying this product I realized it wasn't actually a hairspray, but a waving spray. So I thought, what the hell, I'll give it a shot. I washed and conditioned my hair, then towel dried and combed it out, parting it the way I wanted to.

Then I turned my head upside down and lightly misted my hair with this. It smells amazing, I love the scent. I then used my hands to scrunch my hair, while blow drying it with my head still upside down. The results were beachy, tousled waves in my normally totally straight hair. I'm very very impressed, and over 7 hours later my waves are still holding. I would also like to mention their claim that this isn't sticky is accurate. I felt no stick on my hands after scrunching, and my hair looks great. Definitely would repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have super thick, naturally wavy/curly, puffy Caucasian hair that I have been blowdrying and thus frying into a semi straight puffy mess since grade school. No one in my family has wavy/curly hair so I never learned how to properly care for it, thus it has spent most of its life in a pony tail or bun. I have never been able to wear my hair down unless it has been flat ironed to death, but recently even that has not been enough to keep my puffiness at bay. I have likely spent hundreds on hair products in attempts to have hair I could wear down as opposed to a ponytail.
Two weeks ago I decided I was tired of being a slave to my flat iron and started following Loraine Massy's Curly Girl method. Since switching and using Tousle Me Softly I have begun to love my naturally wavy/curly hair and I have even received a few complements. Me? Complements, on my hair when it has not been flat ironed and slicked down by heaps of silicone products? Now that is a first.
I had this gel kicking about in my massive hair product stash and was surprised to find it had only one silicone, and it was a water soluble one at that. Before stepping out of the shower I will rake my hands through my sopping wet hair one last time to remove any remaining tangles, then wet my hair under the shower head a final time and step out. I immediately spray this gel into my hair, only touching it to divide the hair on either side of my head to apply this product. Three squirts on both the underside and outer layer on each sectioned pile of hair. I then scrunch lightly with a t-shirt or towel to remove some moisture and set up my curls. I then let my hair air dry. Sometimes some areas will dry somewhat crunchy so I will wet my hands under a tap and slick some water over my hair then lightly scrunch again, voila far less crunch! My hair looks fabulous every time I have followed this process.
I will say I wish the hold lasted longer, my hair falls a bit too flat for my liking by the next morning.
I am still relatively new to this CG method and alternate between Tousle Me Softy and IC Fantasia Hair Polish with Sparkle Lights gel. While I prefer the texture of my hair with the IC Fantasia as there is no crunch whatsoever and the shine is unbelievable, it does look somewhat flat. I have yet to have a bad hair day using Tousle Me Softly however, I just wish it would impart more shine and leave my hair less crunchy and sticky.
UPDATE: I must add, I love using this to refresh my curls for lazy second day hair. I will scrunch in some water with my hands and then spray my hair with this and my hair clumps decently. It also works great for messy updos, adding texture and shine without having the crispy hard hold of a hair spray. The smell is also divine!

on 11/21/2012 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm in absolute love with this stuff!! It's amazing I can just get up in the morning and spray this in my hair and get a tousled wavy beach hair. It makes my hair routine so easy and quick I love love love this stuff. Smells really lovely too.

on 9/3/2012 12:15:00 AM

This did absolutely nothing for me. I have straight, thin asian hair and this would not give me a tousled hair look. You have to spray a lot for it to have minimal hold on thin hair. Apart from the fact that it smells really good, there's nothing else. Maybe I'm just using it the wrong way? I will try to use this product as much and as quick as possible. Hopefully, I'll figure it out. But for now, huge disappointment in my books.

This stuff is really good. I saw it on sale at Target, and in search of something to add to my daily hair cocktail if I wanted to scrunch it, I decided since it was so cheap to try it. What a great idea. It keeps my hair looking like I just came out of the shower (I have naturally wavy hair.) and not crunchy. The product smells really good too. The only downside is that you have to spray A LOT if you really want it to work, but it's so cheap that buying a bottle or two really doesn't matter.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

It smells realllly good, but it left my hair oily if I put it all over my hair ( I would put it in my hands first, of course). If I were to just put it in my roots it would be fine, but I want the total tousled look, which I'm not able to achieve with the product.

on 2/25/2012 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I love this for scrunching my hair! Like all the products in this collection, it smells so good. My hair looks great after I scrunch damp hair with this. Love the cute packaging. This is cheap and amazing!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is a good product. It does what it says it does ie you spray it on damp hair, scrunch & let it dry and you end up with more defined waves. I rarely blowdry my hair so it's good to have a product that works well 'air drying'. It isn't sticky or heavy like a lot of other products and it doesn't make my hair dry or knotty.

To be honest I've never noticed the smell of it at all. It's no miracle spray but I like the way it defines my waves so my hair looks a step above 'messy'. Great for a lazy day when you can't be bothered doing much to your hair & cheap to aswell. I'd definitely consider purchasing this again.

This was a bad product for my hair as it left it insanely sticky and yet crunchy. It didn't matter how little product I used it always felt the same. After a few days of experimenting with this product I started noticing it was drying out my hair big time. This has gone in the trash and I'm still on the hunt for a product that'll deliver results I seek.

This product isn't bad as a touch up for my hair through out the day. It can be a little drying and tangle my hair more easily then other products I use on my hair when I wear it curly. But it is cheap and works ok so I would probably repurchase again.

Popular Styling Products