Essie Mamba

Essie Mamba

4.3

on 3/26/2017 2:49:00 PM

Mamba is a warm peachy-nude polish with shimmer so subtle, it comes off more as a sheen. It pulls a bit more peach and less tan that you might think from the bottle, but I'm thinking that makes it ideal for spring/summer manicures. I have fair, neutral skin and it looks dynamite on my hands, very rich without screaming "nail polish."

on 6/6/2015 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Nice shade of nude, Id assume it would look better on more fair skin, it looks too pink on my olive tone skin, takes several coats to become opaque, I find its best if I prime, great wear time and overall formula

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is one of my all time favorite nude shades! Many of the previous reviewers have described the color well-- it is a peachy, opaque nude polish. It is very flattering on my warm/yellow skin tone. This is my go to when I want to have some color on my nails but I'm not in the mood to go with a bold shade. It is office appropriate and pretty, and on me, it wears exceptionally well. I can keep it on for about a week with very minor chip wear. I always apply Essie Good to go top coat on top of all of my manicures.

I will definitely repurchase if I can find the color again. I'm afraid I could actually use this bottle up as I wear it so much!

on 7/22/2014 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Very pretty shade in the bottle but doesn't flatter my skintone at all - a neutral peachy pink beige with white pearlescent shimmers. Applies quite nicely but takes a while to dry and chips easily. Best suited to cool tones I think, I am too warm toned for this and it makes my cuticles look red/sore.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love this color. It is my default color. Its a very pretty mauve/pink. Its not bright so its wearable for any occasion. I think its a very elegant and sophisticated color. I saw it on my very light skinned Korean friend and loved it. It also looks good on my tanner Chinese skin. Its not glossy by itself though and actually has a very slight metallic look to it (you have to really stare to see it), so you are going to want a very glissy top coat. When I use it, it can take 2 or 3 coats for complete coverage. I think it should be only 2 but I'm not that skilled. Looking at my nails now, my thumb is perfect into two but my middle finger has one patch that's just slightly off. As far as drying time, it didnt feel too bad. Its not as fast as OPI, but i did it while playing cards with my friends and it didnt seem long. I waited a round ot two before putting on the next coat. The brush was just fine as well. And all for 3.50 at my local Asian beauty supply store. I will consistently go back to this color.

on 6/24/2012 3:24:00 PM

I found this color to be much prettier in the bottle at the store than it does on my nails. It looked like it might have a bit of shimmer but when I put it on, no, just a glossy finish and a bit too opaque for my taste. It needed 3 coats to apply evenly and it's a bit more orangey than I would like. The peachy undertones match my skin tone which is nice but I'd recommend this shade be tried on before you buy it. The main reason I'm giving Mambo a 4 instead of 3 is because this color ROCKS underneath OPI's Black Shatter....

on 3/3/2012 8:02:00 PM

This is one of my favourite polishes. Beautiful neutral colour, didn't find it streaky like some people said.

on 3/2/2012 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Love love love this underrated color... However, I never rate on how much I like the color.

This formula is really nice. I usually apply 4 very thin coats to get a nice opaque coat when I do my polish, and this polish dries so quickly! A+! When I run out I will be getting backups.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This was not the color I was looking for, but I am in love with it anyway! I love essie polishes and typically use 3 coats, but only needed 2 for this shade to be opaque. This is the perfect nude/beige color with a bit of peachy tone to it & a little shimmer. Perfect for every season! Definitely a new favorite nail color!

on 7/4/2011 3:35:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I reallllly didn't need any more nail polishes, but i swiped this in the store and had to have it. Love the color, peach/brown/mauve. Wears Well. Perfect neutral.

Popular Polishes