MAC Lustre in Hug Me

MAC Lustre  in Hug Me
Lustre  in Hug MeLustre  in Hug MeLustre  in Hug Me

4.2

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax\Candelilla Cera\Cire De Candelilla, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Polyethylene, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Cetyl Acetate, Lanolin Oil, Cetyl Lactate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Polydecene, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'Abeille, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ceramide 3, Synthetic Wax, Synthetic Beeswax, Silica, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Alumina, Tin Oxide, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Vanillin [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine Red 6, red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 21, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I'm an NC45 (winter) and NC50 (summer) and this is HANDS DOWN my favorite lipstick of all time. I apply this stuff like it's chap stick. It's what I reach for when I want a "nude" or neutral lip. I have two tubes; one for the car and one for the purse.

I will never be without Hug Me.

on 5/28/2016 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I love the lustre formula its the only one from mac that doesnt dry out my lips. About the color is a pretty mlbb color but its still a little cool tone for my liking (I'm nc10-15 for reference), i'll go for patisserie next. ;)

on 2/8/2016 12:24:00 PM

Perfect nude only problem is im not a big fan of lustre formula I wish this was amplified creme.

on 11/20/2015 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

NC40-42 for reference, medium dark/tan/dark tan skin with yellow undertones.

I have pigmented lips and the dark parts of my lips are the exact same color of Hug Me which is a rosy, mauvey, brown-pink, nude color. It slightly darkens my lips and gives me a sort of dark nude color that is very natural on me. Many people can get away with this by using it as a 90's lip color. All I have to do for a 90's lip on me is to pair it with a darker lip liner and then it is the perfect brown 90's lip on me. I normally pair it by itself straight from the tube without looking and I know it looks good for it is very natural and goes with any eye makeup. I would call this a "must have" nude from MAC.

It is a Lustre lipstick from MAC and it feels creamy on the lips, not at all drying, with a satin finish(not too shiny, not matte). It is not terribly expensive compared to Guerlain, Chanel and Dior and I would buy this again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is one of the best colors of lipsticks I have tried on, its not too nude or to pink. its perfect for very pale/white skin

I would recommend this color to light skinned people who are looking for a nudish pinkish color that would go great with any color you wear

Hug Me is a lovely brown-based nude shade. It is one of MAC's lustre finished which means that it applies sheer and, while it can be built up, the finish remains glossy. It doesn't appear to be the most exciting lipstick colour, but it is a trustworthy nude which is easy to apply and will look good with any outfit. It is work appropriate without being boring and is a lipstick that can be worn without any other makeup. I am NC20 with slightly pigmented lips and Hug Me looks very natural on the lips and does not look like 'concealer lips' nor wash my skin out. It lasts on the lips for about 3 hours, which is the normal amount of wear I get from lustre finishes. The formula glides on easily and is comfortable to wear. I have nearly finished my tube of Hug Me, it is just such a reliable colour! I particularly like to wear it when I am wearing a yellow/mustard color jumper/top or dress. I think it may be too sheer for those with very dark skin and very pigmented lips, but I would recommend checking it out. Everyone needs a reliable nude like Hug Me.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hug Me is a universal shade, as in it works for every skin tone. It a pinky brown nude that can make anyone lips look better. It is a luster finish, so of course it does not last long. However, I love lusters because they are easy to manipulate. I can wear them sheer or build them up to the max pigmentation. And to top it off being that I have big lips, I can never get clown lips due to their sheer opacity. I never have to worry about my lipstick looking caked on or contrasting sharply against my skin tone. "Sighs" Hug Me is a match made in Heaven 😩

on 7/11/2015 2:27:00 PM

Technically, there is nothing wrong with this lipstick but I just find it a bit meh and boring. The color only slightly darkens my natural lip, and provides a sheer brown-ish tone. While it doesn't look bad on me per se, it also doesn't really do anything for me either. As a result I very rarely find myself reaching for it, except when I'm in a hurry and just want a quick swipe of something or if I'm a going for a more 90s inspired look. Being a lustre, it feels nice on the lips but wears off pretty quickly.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Lovely nude lipstick for nc25-30 skin. love the consistency, glides on evenly, and has the right balance of pink and brown. My new favourite mlbb!

Only downfall is that on my lips, it dries out and fades after around 1.5 hours, so lasting power is quite disappointing, but it's expected from the lustre formula, and I don't mind reapplying.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

HG! MLBB<3 only down side is lasting power.