MAC Cosmetics Lustre in Hug Me

MAC Cosmetics Lustre  in Hug Me
Lustre  in Hug MeLustre  in Hug MeLustre  in Hug MeLustre  in Hug MeLustre  in Hug Me

4.2

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax\Candelilla Cera\Cire De Candelilla, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Polyethylene, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Cetyl Acetate, Lanolin Oil, Cetyl Lactate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Polydecene, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'Abeille, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ceramide 3, Synthetic Wax, Synthetic Beeswax, Silica, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Alumina, Tin Oxide, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Vanillin [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine Red 6, red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 21, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

on 8/4/2018 4:52:00 AM

I wear C3 in the MAC Face & Body foundation, which roughly translates to about an NC30 with light olive neutral undertones.

The best way I would describe MAC's Hug Me is that the colour is very similar to the infamous Velvet Teddy, except that Hug Me is shiny and sheer as it is a Lustre finish. Just like Velvet Teddy, I don't like wearing this without a lip liner as it can wash me out. This is a pretty flattering, slightly cool-leaning nude pink lipstick. As it is a Lustre formula it's quite comfortable to wear and glides onto the lips with ease. The trade-off is that this does wear off quite easily after meals, so expect to touch up (it is basically a lip gloss in lipstick format).

The reason I'm giving it only 3 lippies is that it doesn't really blow me away - there are other MAC lipsticks that I prefer on my skintone over Hug Me, so I would probably not repurchase this if I ever use it up.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Classic Mac Nude Color great for anybody.. I do put two swipes on my lips and I also suggest wearing a lip primer to make it last longer otherwise it’s gone after a few sips of coffee, water, etc... it’s pretty sheer so I will wear while it’s so hot outside and then look for a better nude lipstick for fall..

This is a gorgeous, neutral colour, perfect by itself for a more casual look or with liner (I like it with Whirl) for a fuller look. It's lustre, so pretty sheer. I put on two coats and it applies just the right amount of colour. Sometimes, I cover my lips with concealer first and then the colour payoff is better but more nude. the colour is similar to Modesty but more sheer.

on 10/10/2017 3:06:00 AM

I think Hug Me is universally flattering, it looks great on fair to dark skin... I'm nw25 and it works for me.. I have over 25 MAC lipsticks, but only have 2 from the lustre line, and need to get more, because I didn't realize how much I like this finish... I'm 47 yo, so most of my MAC lippies are satin, creme sheen, or amplified finish. I only have a few matte, as It's not really my favorite finish on mature skin, but I will wear a matte lip out at night sometimes. Hug Me is the perfect nudish/taupey brown that doesn't look too brown. Definitely recommend.

on 7/27/2017 1:40:00 AM

Lovely colour, slightly darker than my own lips, little bit shiny but not overly. Looks lovely with a lighter nude lipstick underneath.

on 6/13/2017 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is my go-to lipstick for work and special occasions. I'm nc42 with rosey/pigmented lips and this gives enough coverage that it's not totally opaque or too sheer. It lasts for about an hour until it fades and I have to reapply which I don't mind. I would describe the colour as a pink beige, it's one of the few nude lipsticks that does not wash me out (yipee!). For more dimension I wear it with a darker lip liner like nyx sandy beige or rimmel tiramisu.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I'm an NC45 (winter) and NC50 (summer) and this is HANDS DOWN my favorite lipstick of all time. I apply this stuff like it's chap stick. It's what I reach for when I want a "nude" or neutral lip. I have two tubes; one for the car and one for the purse.

I will never be without Hug Me.

on 5/28/2016 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I love the lustre formula its the only one from mac that doesnt dry out my lips. About the color is a pretty mlbb color but its still a little cool tone for my liking (I'm nc10-15 for reference), i'll go for patisserie next. ;)

on 2/8/2016 12:24:00 PM

Perfect nude only problem is im not a big fan of lustre formula I wish this was amplified creme.

on 11/20/2015 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

NC40-42 for reference, medium dark/tan/dark tan skin with yellow undertones.

I have pigmented lips and the dark parts of my lips are the exact same color of Hug Me which is a rosy, mauvey, brown-pink, nude color. It slightly darkens my lips and gives me a sort of dark nude color that is very natural on me. Many people can get away with this by using it as a 90's lip color. All I have to do for a 90's lip on me is to pair it with a darker lip liner and then it is the perfect brown 90's lip on me. I normally pair it by itself straight from the tube without looking and I know it looks good for it is very natural and goes with any eye makeup. I would call this a "must have" nude from MAC.

It is a Lustre lipstick from MAC and it feels creamy on the lips, not at all drying, with a satin finish(not too shiny, not matte). It is not terribly expensive compared to Guerlain, Chanel and Dior and I would buy this again.