Boots No7 Perfect Light Loose Powder

Boots  No7 Perfect Light Loose Powder

4.2

Talc, Mica, Paraffinum liquidum (Mineral oil), Phenyl trimethicone, Dimethicone, Methicone, Tocopheryl acetate [ /-(May contain) CI 77891 (Titanium dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron oxides) CI 77491 (Iron oxides), CI 77499 (Iron oxides)]

on 3/18/2017 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Finally, I have found a new powder to love. My former holy grail powder has been discontinued for years and while I knew finding a dupe would be impossible I just wanted something similar. I have fair skin, an olivey NC15, my skin type is dry save for my nose which is oily. Translucent loose powder is a must for me. I had previously tried both Laura Mercier Mineral powder, and her translucent loose powder. The former was too heavy, and the later was to dry and looked cakey and flat even with a light dusting. I had even tried using pressed baked powder with MAC MSFN, which I didn't care for either. I just don't like powders that add coverage or color All I want is a truly translucent loose powder with a natural to slightly luminous finish. This delivers on all those points. I did have some oiliness on my nose at the end of the day, but the rest of my face looked great. I used this over an oil based dewy foundation and they really worked well with each other. My only complaints are that this ever so slightly pink, and it needs a bigger sifter. I feel like being a more olivey NC15 I can get away with slight pink tones such as this of Nars RCC in vanilla, but the pinkness may not be favorable to true NC15's that are more yellow. This is priced really well, about what I was paying for my old holy grail powder which was also a drugstore line.

on 3/19/2015 6:20:00 AM

I brought it just for a change from my usual loose powder with a slight shimmer in it. I think that makes me more oilier than this shimmer free powder. Powder is quite good for me, smooth finish, not cakey, abit pricey (i can only get this online), control shine well, lightly fragrance and doesn't oxidize.

The only thing i don't like is the lid before getting to the powder. It takes alot of strength to pull that out as i don't like pouring powder through the holes, time consuming esp. when in a rush. I usually did that with my usual powder and it can be close back with the lid on top of it easily yet it is not securely covered and i can just use the powder the next time around conveniently, which is not the case for Boots. I guess i can pour it out to my old loose powder container after washing it and then use it but kind of troublesome....Still i will repurchase as i do like it enough to.

This is such a good powder! I've struggled with powder for years, not knowing what the right shade is, or having it not lasting and I feel like I've really found the one for me!
I have very very fair skin, prone to redness around my nose and cheek areas (thank you Celtic genes), which also can get oily just around my nostrils. Fun times. I wanted to find a powder that could cover me without looking too caked on! Like all us red cheeked girls, it's hard to find stuff that actually does what it says on the packaging! I use translucent shade, which is perfect for my fairness!
Arguably - I do love the packaging but it can get messy! Like these other reviews - a little goes a long way! If you get nearer to running out, it does involve some shaking but not too much of a bother - just avoid your clothes!
I used to use a big powder brush for this - but found it didn't last as long so I thought bugger it - just use the pad that comes with! It'll have to be replaced every so often granted, but big packs of those from any shop won't break the bank! I use this in the morning at 7;00am, use blotting papers around my nose at 12pm, dab around my problem areas at 2pm and then can leave till the end of the day! It's very soft to touch as well, so won't leave you dry! Fully recommend this product - and as No 7 always have offers on, you won't be left disappointed! Good luck! x

This is decent powder, it does the job, but needs to be re-applied fairly frequently. For the price though, it's good and lasts forever!

on 10/9/2013 2:15:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

GREAT stuff! I have been using Boots Perfect Light loose powder in Translucent off and on for a couple years. It does not disappoint, unlike some other powders I've tried. With this, I get a "like my skin but better" look, provided I apply with a light hand. I use a fluffy powder brush and tap off excess powder before applying. I wear this on its own to help even out skin tone and have a more polished look, and dust a tiny bit over concealer (a must for undereye concealer to help prevent fading). I have combination skin (oily t-zone, normal cheek area prone to dryness and sensitivity during colder months) and this hasn't clogged pores or led to breakouts which is a huge plus. It's gentle and non-irritating, and very finely milled so it does not at all look caked on or too powdery. Coverage for the translucent shade is very sheer, so it's good for a dusting over foundation or concealer, or on its own if your skin is fairly clear. The packaging has been changed from the original- it now comes in a clear container with a black lid that screws on. Overall, a nice powder for a natural finish.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Powder is ok, but I'm not a fan of loose powder. I only bought it because my favorite pressed powder was sold out and I was completely out. The powder works ok, but because it's loose powder I always end up putting too much on and it looks cakey. The worst part, however, is the packaging. It's terrible and the powder gets everywhere! Would not buy again.

on 8/8/2011 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Sadly, this powder occludes my pores and makes me break out. It's probably not a bad option for someone with normal skin, but one of the ingredients just doesn't like me. I'm also not a fan of the packaging. I prefer to shake some powder into the lid and apply with a brush. This packaging makes that difficult. Not a keeper for me.

Love this powder. I use this over the Boots no. 7 Lifting and Firming Foundation spf 15, after applying the Boots Intense Serum. The finish is lovely .... light, not cakey at all, sheer and yet very mattifying, and very soft-focused. I have a very oily t-zone and dry cheeks, and this powder mattifies my oily areas without looking cakey, and yet it doesn't highlight my dry areas or make them look flakey or chalky. Just really does a good job of balancing my skin and leaving it look like it is just naturally pretty. I use a big, fluffy powder brush to apply it, and the finish is just perfect. Very happy. I got this in translucent and it looks truly translucent on me - it does not contribute any pink, yellow, orange or any color at all. HG!

on 6/4/2011 8:49:00 AM

UPDATE: This is an excellent quality powder. It's actually as good or even better than many high end powders I have tried - and I've tried many. The only reason I took off one lippie is the shade - when I bought it, it seemed neutral and sheer, but only when I've worn this over my foundation have I realised that in fact it is a little peachy/pinky.
Hence, though it looks fine on my face it ends up accentuating the shade difference between my face (pink) and the neck-chest area (yellow). How unfortunate, given that the quality is so good. If they introduce a true yellow-based shade I'll snap it up in a heartbeat! P.S. My foundation is Chanel Matte Lumiere in shade Clair 20 - a nice, yellow-based shade.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This was my first experience with a Boots product. I got this from Target for $11.99. The packaging is absolutely beautiful, better than some high-end stuff I have. I LOVE that there is an internal lid that screws onto the sifter to keep the powder from going everywhere. Because of that lid, one shake gives you the amount. I have the translucent powder, and it is incredibly light. I don't feel like I have a bunch of product caked on my face. I have normal to dry skin, and putting a light dusting of this over my foundation keeps it in place all day. Because of the quality of the product I got and for what I paid, I feel like I should have paid twice what I did. My new HG powder :)