Boots No7 Perfect Light Loose Powder

Boots  No7 Perfect Light Loose Powder

4.2

Talc, Mica, Paraffinum liquidum (Mineral oil), Phenyl trimethicone, Dimethicone, Methicone, Tocopheryl acetate [ /-(May contain) CI 77891 (Titanium dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron oxides) CI 77491 (Iron oxides), CI 77499 (Iron oxides)]

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a real case of fab product, bad packaging. The powder is light, non drying but very good at stopping oils on my nose (I have some hellish combo skin- really dry brow and jaw but a reasonably oily nose). Leaves a really nice 'blurred' look to skin rather than an obvious 'powdered' look and it is very kind to textured area in my experience. Great product that can genuinely contend with very high priced alternatives in my opinion.

The packaging though, is what stops this being a 5/5. The only props I can give it is that it looks quite nice, I suppose? The lid gets fingerprinted SO easily. The powder puff isn't very soft and clings product TO it rather than to your face, although this is pretty easily fixed. What isn't fixable though, is how much of a pain in the butt the holes to get the powder out are. They just do. not. work. I have to take out my puff, shake the tub *hard* to get the powder onto the lid then use it from there. With how much I need to initially set my very dewy foundation, I need to do this several times some days. Then your puff gets covered in powder on the top with any residue from doing so. It's quite annoying.

I don't think mine is faulty either, because i've seen reviews mention this flaw before. If it were even a 4/5 product wise I wouldn't bother re-purchasing, but it really is *that* good that i'm likely going to.

This powder really surprised me...to be honest I wasn't expecting much, but this is one of my favorites now, up there with Mac's MSFN and Next to Nothing powder...I heard it was a dupe for Laura Mercier (which I never tried), I loved it so much that I went and bought the Laura Mercier to see if it was better ... and in my opinion, its not as finely milled as the Boots! LM also breaks up on me around the nose whereas Boots does not. Also, Boots give a more "diffused" glowy, blurry look that's hard to explain. I've been wearing just concealer and then taking this powder and patting it onto my face to take away shine and I love the results...very natural, not cakey or dry looking like powders usually look. You cannot see the powder on your face, which is huge for me- I cannot stand it when powder is visible on my skin. Apparently this also comes in the shade Medium but all I see is transluscent at Walgreens and Target, so that's the one I have. Definitely a keeper and I highly recommend it.

on 5/10/2017 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is an amazing powder. It does not look cakey at all and it sits very nicely on my skin. I use it on my t zones and cheeks where I have some shine. Although it did not keep my face all matte the whole day, the shine only came out as a healthy glow. I have normal to dry skin so a little bit of shine is absolutely not a problem for me. It also contains a lot of product with similar prices with other brands. NYX loose powder only contained 8g and was £9, while this one is £10 with 20g of products. The packaging tho is a bit annoying, I probably have excessively shaked it but at first the products on that lid just weren't enough. Now it's all sitting on top of that lid and I have to be very very careful when I open it. The container is very sturdy and just the size of my palm, but it's just! Hmm!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I won't be repurchasing this, coty airspun powder has replaced it for me

The first time I used this I LOVED it, I lived in a humid area of TX, and this kept oil at bay and kept my foundation from melting off my face

Now, I find it still keeps oil at bay, but it makes my foundation cakey and highlights my pores. Maybe the formulation changed? I've given this powder so many chances, trying different application techniques, but my pores remained highlighted

on 4/1/2017 1:21:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Recently purchased and really like it so far. The lid is a little difficult to attach back to the base after using, but that is my only negative thing to say. The powder did a great job of helping my foundation stay longer and keeping my oil down. I would highly recommend!

on 3/18/2017 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Finally, I have found a new powder to love. My former holy grail powder has been discontinued for years and while I knew finding a dupe would be impossible I just wanted something similar. I have fair skin, an olivey NC15, my skin type is dry save for my nose which is oily. Translucent loose powder is a must for me. I had previously tried both Laura Mercier Mineral powder, and her translucent loose powder. The former was too heavy, and the later was to dry and looked cakey and flat even with a light dusting. I had even tried using pressed baked powder with MAC MSFN, which I didn't care for either. I just don't like powders that add coverage or color All I want is a truly translucent loose powder with a natural to slightly luminous finish. This delivers on all those points. I did have some oiliness on my nose at the end of the day, but the rest of my face looked great. I used this over an oil based dewy foundation and they really worked well with each other. My only complaints are that this ever so slightly pink, and it needs a bigger sifter. I feel like being a more olivey NC15 I can get away with slight pink tones such as this of Nars RCC in vanilla, but the pinkness may not be favorable to true NC15's that are more yellow. This is priced really well, about what I was paying for my old holy grail powder which was also a drugstore line.

on 3/19/2015 6:20:00 AM

I brought it just for a change from my usual loose powder with a slight shimmer in it. I think that makes me more oilier than this shimmer free powder. Powder is quite good for me, smooth finish, not cakey, abit pricey (i can only get this online), control shine well, lightly fragrance and doesn't oxidize.

The only thing i don't like is the lid before getting to the powder. It takes alot of strength to pull that out as i don't like pouring powder through the holes, time consuming esp. when in a rush. I usually did that with my usual powder and it can be close back with the lid on top of it easily yet it is not securely covered and i can just use the powder the next time around conveniently, which is not the case for Boots. I guess i can pour it out to my old loose powder container after washing it and then use it but kind of troublesome....Still i will repurchase as i do like it enough to.

This is such a good powder! I've struggled with powder for years, not knowing what the right shade is, or having it not lasting and I feel like I've really found the one for me!
I have very very fair skin, prone to redness around my nose and cheek areas (thank you Celtic genes), which also can get oily just around my nostrils. Fun times. I wanted to find a powder that could cover me without looking too caked on! Like all us red cheeked girls, it's hard to find stuff that actually does what it says on the packaging! I use translucent shade, which is perfect for my fairness!
Arguably - I do love the packaging but it can get messy! Like these other reviews - a little goes a long way! If you get nearer to running out, it does involve some shaking but not too much of a bother - just avoid your clothes!
I used to use a big powder brush for this - but found it didn't last as long so I thought bugger it - just use the pad that comes with! It'll have to be replaced every so often granted, but big packs of those from any shop won't break the bank! I use this in the morning at 7;00am, use blotting papers around my nose at 12pm, dab around my problem areas at 2pm and then can leave till the end of the day! It's very soft to touch as well, so won't leave you dry! Fully recommend this product - and as No 7 always have offers on, you won't be left disappointed! Good luck! x

This is decent powder, it does the job, but needs to be re-applied fairly frequently. For the price though, it's good and lasts forever!

on 10/9/2013 2:15:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

GREAT stuff! I have been using Boots Perfect Light loose powder in Translucent off and on for a couple years. It does not disappoint, unlike some other powders I've tried. With this, I get a "like my skin but better" look, provided I apply with a light hand. I use a fluffy powder brush and tap off excess powder before applying. I wear this on its own to help even out skin tone and have a more polished look, and dust a tiny bit over concealer (a must for undereye concealer to help prevent fading). I have combination skin (oily t-zone, normal cheek area prone to dryness and sensitivity during colder months) and this hasn't clogged pores or led to breakouts which is a huge plus. It's gentle and non-irritating, and very finely milled so it does not at all look caked on or too powdery. Coverage for the translucent shade is very sheer, so it's good for a dusting over foundation or concealer, or on its own if your skin is fairly clear. The packaging has been changed from the original- it now comes in a clear container with a black lid that screws on. Overall, a nice powder for a natural finish.