MAC Media lipstick

MAC Media lipstick
Media l/s with Bazzarish l/gMedia lipstick

4.4

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Media is a dark, vampy red-leaning purple that goes on fairly opaque in one coat and can be built up to its true-to-bullet colour. It is technically a satin but looks quite matte on me and it is comfortable to wear, with reapplication only needed after a heavy meal. I think this is a good choice for anyone looking for a dark statement lip who isn't quite ready to jump straight to black or dark brown. It has the typical MAC vanilla scent. As much as I like it, I probably wouldn't repurchase it as the colour is probably dupeable from the drugstore and the staying power/comfort haven't wowed me. Now if it could survive a burrito, that would be a whole different story...

on 11/2/2015 7:10:00 PM

When I want a vampy lip, this is the color I instantly reach for. I don't use any lip liner with it, yet it stays in place and is very opaque. I am always complimented whenever I wear it!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Rich, russet, deep! Media, you are mysterious, sexy, vampy, classy & require immediate attention to meticulous detail. She is a myriad of blackberry, burgundy, black & satin. Reunite her with MAC Burgundy lipliner. Wear her shrouded in black w stilettos. You are an ingenue worthy of flirtation, smacked with sex appeal, reeking of leather & lace. You are my obsession, my muse. I must keep you, never must we be apart! How does it feel to be the prettiest girl in the room??
Okay, seriously...!!
This is a light hearted review intended to describe my new fave lipstick! Media is the perf Fall/Winter 2015/16 color. I use an elf lip brush to smooth out the edges. Sooo beautiful & unique to my collection. I am in lurve!! MAC rarely disappoints me. I like this w MAC Burgundy or MAC NightMoth. Stunning! Im a huge nudes fan so this is a major deviation for me. It truly is beautiful. It is a little goth but it can be sheered out for a stain or I can use MAC Clear Lipglass over the top. Mine is fairly matte, tbh it doesn't look like the pix posted, it is more matte/black on me. I'm going to try very hard to get some seriously perfect black liquid eyeliner wings, mascara very black which I've received an awesome sample of in 2 MAC orders. Simply lovely!!

I really, REALLY love the color of this lipstick, but this is a pain in the butt to use. It took me three or four layers to get a moderately opaque layer of lipstick on my lips, and no matter what I did, the very center of my lips never matched the edge. Also, it creased! The creases of my lips were black because of this lipstick, like I had little lines running vertically through them. It wasn't attractive.

The lipstick lasts a long time, but I can't seem to make it look good. I applied with Mac's lip primer, then the lipstick went on with a brush. I blotted between each application.

I didn't dry out my lips. I just couldn't get it to not crease, and I couldn't get an even application. Will be looking for dupes on this one.

Of all Mac's dark lipsticks I like this and dark side this is a pretty color it has a plum undertone its really nice I wish it was a matte.

on 1/27/2015 9:04:00 PM

This lipstick would be perfect if it wasn't for the problems I had with the formula! I usually love MAC satin finishes, but this one is simply too patchy and applies too unevenly on the lips. The color is gorgeous and my ideal fall/winter shade, but I can't make it work due to patchiness. I recommend the slightly darker matte shade Living Legend if you can get your hands on it- it has even coverage and has a great wear time.

on 12/26/2014 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Media is wonderful if you're trying to go Oxblood on your lips. The colour is a darkened, blackened red with a slight purple tinge. It's redder than Mac Cyber and darker than Mac Diva. It's really a lovely colour if your like darker shades but are scared of looking like an 80s vampire.
The trouble is with the formula. It took three layers for it to look completely opaque on me. And while it was dry but still comfortable (I have soldiered on through 2 tubes of Ruby Woo, after all!), Media settled into my lip creases quickly. That's a particularly terrible look for dark colours. Within 30 minutes I had berry coloured vertical streaks on my lips.
Also, the lipstick never quite got along with my whole lip - It stayed true along the edges but faded quickly from the centre, leaving me with de facto ombre lips that I didn't want.
I'm going to try Revlon Black Cherry and hope for better results. That's a pity, I really wanted this to work!

on 12/18/2014 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Really lovely intense red/purple colour that lasts really well. Unfortunately I find that if my lips are at all dry then it looks less than great. It's also better when applied on top of a lip pencil such as MAC Currant or Barry M #7. It helps having a steady hand when applying, but it delivers a really sharp look that's totally worth it.

on 11/28/2014 3:23:00 AM

Love, love, LOVE this lipstick I absolutely adore it! It is a bit hard to put on as darker lipsticks will be harder to apply so I recommend using MAC Lipliner in the shade Currant first by lining and filling in the lips with it then applying Media on top as it gives a flawless finish and if you mess up a bit using a concealer and concealer brush lightly apply it to the area but overall gorgeous color for Fall and Winter one of my favorites

on 11/11/2014 11:46:00 PM

I really really want to like this lipstick, but I find it just too troublesome. It's definitely not a colour you can apply straight from the tube (unless you're a lot more skilled with your make-up than me). Although even when I apply it with a brush I find that ends up looking uneven and clumping together. I really wanted to find a deep berry statement lipstick, but I don't think this works for me at all... Will be trying Diva instead