3.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 months ago

First time I used this, I poked my eye a bit because the bristles on the brush are hard and spikey. Really take your time with it! I absolutely love the formula though even though the brush is not my fave. It is perfectly glossy pitch black and hugs to the very tip of my lashes without clumping. I've repurchased this one a few times and hope it is never discontinued. I still love the Eyeko Beach mascara but that one is super, super waterproof and can be difficult to remove without a good oil/balm cleanser worked in. So it's nice to have this one as an everyday and cheaper mascara.

About reviewer (118 reviews)

SkinDry, Other, Neutral

HairOther, Other, Coarse

8 months ago

For reference: I have long, straight lashes I was pleasantly surprised with this mascara. My HG is the waterproof maybelline full n’ soft. I’ll do one coat of the full n’ soft and then top it off with this mascara. The stiletto mascara separates and lengthens my lashes without looking spidery. I personally don’t like using this on my bottom lashes. It makes them look long and stringy - not cute. Definitely would repurchase.

About reviewer (732 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

1.0

a year ago

Disappointment in a tube. I wasn’t really expecting much from this, I just enjoy trying products that aren’t talked about much sometimes...not sure why lol. I know why no one talks about this one. Smudges DURING application, makes lashes stick together...worst of all, it’s most definitely not waterproof. Cut an onion and you’ll be wearing streaks of this on your entire face. You would think this fact would at least make it easy to remove at the end of the day but...nope....takes like half a bottle of eye makeup remover to get this crap all the way off. Leaves eyes so irritated. This is trash, don’t get this.

About reviewer (296 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

EyesHazel

2 years ago

This makes my lashes long and it doesn't clump. Waterproof mascara is a must for me since it holds the curl for me. I didn't have a hard time removing it. I used mineral oil or cleansing oil and it came right off.

About reviewer (174 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Coarse

2 years ago

I started using this because it was in my "to try" stash once my CG LashBlast WP dried out. Pros: 1) Adds definite length to my lashes! They're already fairly long but when I use this they just about touch my eyebrows! 2) Thin formula 3) Long, tapering brush with fairly stiff bristles makes it easy to wipe off excess product and pinpoint application on hard-to-reach areas like inner and outer corner lashes. 4) Price: it's around $6, and I often receive coupons for Maybelline eye products in the mail which makes this super affordable. Cons: 1) Brush bristles are long, which can cause the product to transfer to the eyelid. 2) Brush bristles are also widely spaced, which can clump sparse lashes together. 3) I experience some vertical clumping with my double-rowed lashes, which requires extra work and is somewhat annoying. 4) The formula is thin, so I find I have to apply two coats before applying a non-WP mascara to build up volume. Review: I usually use WP mascaras to 'set' the curl of my lashes before applying a non-WP mascara to build up volume. I find that doing this helps reduce and/or eliminate transfer from the regular mascaras and also makes the WP mascara easier to remove. I wipe excess product from the brush before applying to minimize clumping and transferring to the eyelid. I have double-rowed eyelashes that can be somewhat sparse at times so clumping for me is both horizontal along the lash line and vertical through my lash rows. Because this is a lengthening formula, it's thin in order to coat the lash up to the very tips. The brush is long, tapered, and the bristles are long and have pretty wide spacing. If I don't wipe excess product off the wand, my lashes clump vertically and I have to run a long quilting pin horizontally through my lashes to separate them. Wiping the excess product off the wand also helps to avoid transfer to the eyelid from the long bristles going through the gaps in my lashes. The thin formula means that I have to use two coats, though, in order to prevent some wetter, heavier mascaras (looking at you, L'Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise) from pulling out my curl somewhat. As for performance, this mascara does what it says it does: it lengthens my lashes so that I look like I have kewpie doll eyelashes. Seriously, I look like I have Disney Princess lash length when I use it. When I use my HG (Smashbox Full Exposure) over it, my lashes are long, thick, and as close as I can get to false lashes without applying them. The hoops I have to jump through are minimal. Add to that its price--one of the cheaper DS mascaras I've found that's widely available--and this mascara has a permanent place in my routine. Four stars for performance and price. If you have thicker natural eyelashes give this mascara a try.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

2.0

3 years ago

This mascara gives my lashes a nice natural but longer and defined look. Unfortunately, it smudges off where you don't want it to (panda!), but then even after a triple cleanse (oil, cleanser, and micellar water), bits of it won't come off. Also, it has a long stiletto shaped brush that has hard bristles, such that I think the wand would be helpful for dishwashing. Hard bristles close to my eye on a too long unwieldy brush? Trash for this! The tube is really cute with its red metallic accents. Once again, a pretty package ruined by a bad product.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

4 years ago

My mum bought this and i tried it out too. I must say that I'm quite a fan of maybelline mascaras, since they're all fairly good. But this one is certainly not my favourite. It does its job, lengthening your lashes and maintaining natural look. But it doesn't give volume at all. It's waterproof and sweatproof from what i recall (my mum finished this mascara a year ago). She wasn't impressed and switched back to the magnum volum' express one (our all time favourite). The brush of this mascara isn't special at all. But still quite good for its price

About reviewer (10 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

4 years ago

I like this product. It is my back up mascara whenever I am out of Illegal Length mascara by the same company. This mascara does lengthen your lashes and makes them stand out while still maintaining a natural look.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Medium

HairBrunette

1.0

4 years ago

A true waterproof mascara should stay on while swimming. This one sucks. It is not waterproof at all and left me with huge racoon eyes within a minute of getting wet.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

Overall, I do enjoy this mascara. It gives me beautiful length, volume, and holds my hard to curl lashes wonderfully. The only con I would have to say is that I have noticed a big of smudging throughout the day. Other than that, a great waterproof mascara, and I do recommend it.

About reviewer (38 reviews)

AgeUnder 18