Sigma F55 - SMALL DUO FIBRE BRUSH

Filtered by eye Color : Brown

3.1

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

This brush just isn't very dense. I haven't had a problem with dye, it does shed a bit, but I think that if you're going to order brushes from sigma, this shouldn't be one of them. The top isn't dense at all, really floppy. I use this to stipple powder blush if it's too pigmented or for blending...but I don't find myself reaching for it that much. Order from sigma, just not this particular brush.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Out of all the Sigma brushes I own, this is my least favourite. It just doesn't do a whole lot. For foundation, the Sigmax brushes are vastly better. Too big for bronzers, too sparse for blushes (streaky looking does not good blush make). Doesn't give a flawless finish like duo fiber brushes are supposed to, either, and this is pretty stiff and a bit scratchy. The SpaResource duo fiber brush I got at Wal-mart is so much better that it makes me a bit sad to thing about. That one is much denser, so I can get streak free results, and a lot softer as well.

My least favourite brush from Sigma. Disappointed because I usually love their stuff!

LADIES! To stop brush bleeding mix 50/50 solution I white vinegar and water and let your brush soak in. please let me know if it helps!!!!!!:)

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I've recently bought Mac's 188 and Mac's is so much softer and alittle smaller than Sigma's version. Unbelievable how many reviews and videos claim they are "exactly the same".

I've once used Sigma's SS188 for undereye concealer (after watching Goss makeup artist's recommendation) and found it to be scratchy for the thin skin there. The white synethic bristles are much stiffer and scratchy. Even for applying cream blush, it feels scratchy.

I bought Mac's 188 after feeling how soft it is. Funny Mac's natural bristles ie 129 feels scratchy whereas the duo fibre brushes don't.

The ferrule became wobbly within a week of use. I'm a makeup artist and know how to care for my brushes to make them last, so there is NO excuse for this. Also, the WORST thing about this brush is that when I deep clean it, at 1st it looks fine, but once it dries, BLACK DYE PULLS UP TO THE TIPS OF THE WHITE FIBRES AND IT GET'S ON MY CLIENTS FACE!!! I can prevent this from happening by doing a spot cleaning after the brush dries, but what's the point? The white fibers on this brush aren't as fine as its MAC counterpart. The bristles also spread out wider than needed where it is almost too big to use a blush or concealer brush (which is what I use the MAC 188 for) and the white bristles tend to clump together, thus negating any "airbrushed" effect this brush is supposed to give.

SEE MY PIC ABOVE FOR REFERANCE.

BIG NAY.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is called the F55 now that Sigma has changed it's brush names. I was looking for a smaller stippling brush and this one didn't really do much for me. I honestly prefer my E.L.F stippling brush (which is bigger) but does a much better job than this one. This brush shed a little after the second wash - nothing crazy, just a few bristles. It is fairly dense and very soft and I use this to stipple on cream blushes because of the small shape it fits the shape of my cheeks quite well. I could live without this brush. Can't say I recommend it. Would rather get the E.L.F stippling brush that is much cheaper than this one.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Like the other reviewers I experienced some bleeding with this brush when I washed it. The black bristles still fall out and it's not a dense brush at all. It can't be used for stippling on foundation since it's so flimsy and doesn't give a super smooth finish. It's only redeeming quality is that it works well with light colored cream blushes, but even then the white synthetic fibers feel scratchy on my skin.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I was so impressed with the brush!!! I am obsessed with MAC and MAC brushes but had been spending so much $$ lately that I didn't want to shell out $38 for one brush that I wasn't sure that I really needed. So I orderd the dupe from Sigma. This was my first product from them. I actually orderd from ACW. Anyway, I was not sure what to expect, but the brush exceeded my expectations. I went to my local MAC to "inspect" the 188 before I placed my order. The brush is very nice! It came with a lovely plastic cover, the handle is thicker than the MAC brush and it has some weight to it. The bristles are soft and plush. It was only $14.99, so It was a great bargin. I plan to purchase a full set of these very soon. If you are on a budget or not, and want some really nice brushes, get Sigma

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've never owned a Mac brush since they are way out of my price range, so I picked this up. I do have some shedding when I clean it up nothing major. This gives the most perfect application with cream blushes, I have always found it hard to use my finger to apply them and that can make my cheeks look a little blotchy and uneven. And if a blush is very vivid and bright this gives a nice sheer application giving that nice glow. Something none of my other brushes give with those types of blush. I am considering purchasing another since it is a skunk brush and holds the color you last used. Also, the brush is super soft. So, yes of course I will buy again.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the absolute worse brush I've ever used. I was hoping to find a dupe for the MAC brush for stippling, but I was very wrong. Don't waste your money on this brush-- it sheds like crazy! I've had this brush for half a year, and it sheds 1cm long black bristles all over my face. After applying my liquid foundation, I have to go back and pick off each bristle-- SOO ANNOYING! So now I've finally moved on to better quality brushes. I believe even drug store brand stippling brushes are better than this one.

Popular Makeup Brushes