Maybelline Color Sensational Lipcolor ~ Red Revival

Maybelline Color Sensational Lipcolor ~ Red Revival

4.2

This is my kind of red lipstick. I first wore it full on but switched to dabbing it for a stain and HELLO, I was in love. From what I see this is a neutral cherry red that looks beautifully polished and modern. Everytime I wear this I get asked what it is. I especially love this with a minimal eye, it just looks so cool.

on 3/14/2018 7:12:00 PM

This red fades to pink, just like other commenters have said. But before that it's a deep bluey red with a satiny finish. It works with my fair skin and light auburn hair. To the extent that it's possible for a red to be low-key, this is a low-key red.

on 10/23/2017 11:21:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Purchased this based on the reviews that it's a true red with blue undertones. I have light skin with pink undertones, dark brown hair and green eyes. It shows up as a fuchia color on me not a true red. It applies kind of patchy and glossy even with using a nude colored Rimmel lip pencil first and powdering my lips. The search continues.

This is the #1 best selling lipstick from the drugstore.

Gorgeous color.

I have been on a long journey trying to discover the perfect red for me...this is not it. That being said this is a nice color, nice formula decent lasting power. But within minutes this turns to pink on me?!?!?!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This color is the picture that I have in my mind when I think of a true red. I can see this working well with all skin tones; since it doesn't appear to lean cool or warm. Nice formula, moisturizing with good pigmentation. A good sophisticated red.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I've been on a non-stop red lipstick spree since a couple months ago, and sometimes I feel like I need to stop, because it's taking a huge toll to my wallet, but then I run across shades like Red Revival and I'm re-motivated because it's so close to the red im looking for - but not quite.

It's a true red, there's no mistaking that. It's vibrant-ish, but is more of a deeper, slightly darker vintage Hollywood red. I like it because it's more pigmented than some of my other red lipsticks, like Milani's Best Red. My mom says that when I wear Red Revival, it looks like my lips are bleeding lol.

I always use eos as a base coat and that helps prevent lipsticks from overdrying my lips. It doesn't take more than a couple swipes for the red to show on the lips, and it really does feel like a creamy color, very pigmented, and doesn't seem to feather even after a day out at a crowded fair. The formula does eventually dry out to a matte stain, and it would dry my lips out horrendously, except that my trusty eos base really does save the day.

As soon as it got darker, I took my NYX Snow White and used that for touch-ups, resulting in this vampy, alluring dark red pouty lip. I guess it's more suitable for the clubbing scene than a fair, but the color was amazing and it was all thanks to Red Revival as the base coat ^-^

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've literally had this lipstick for like 3 years now. And I don't mean the shade I mean the actual tube itself. Why, you ask? Well its not because its regenerating after each use but because the only way I can use this lipstick is to dab it on my lips and blend it in with my finger.

Yeah, for some reason when I put this on with a firm hand, it dries my lips out and the product gets tacky. Its actually a really hideous effect. But that may just be my mouth.

However, when I do just apply it gently almost like a matte stain, its really beautiful and works very well with my copper/red hair and fair skin (and for my fellow redheads, you know how taxing it can be to find an appropriate red)

More over, the shade is very near to a "true red" not leaning too heavily on either orange (warm) or blue (cool) tones. Although I will say it fades very pink so I think its a cool red and for me that works well.

Anyways, this is the best red lipstick I've found at the supermarket and I don't think its that unreasonably priced (tbh, I can't remember)

on 3/17/2015 4:03:00 PM

I recently became brave enough to try red lipstick. I have a very fair complexion and love wearing lipstick, and I decided I was ready to rock bright red lips. I'd heard good things about the Maybelline shade Red Revolution, but when I looked at it in the drugstore I thought it seemed too pink and went with the darker Red Revival. This lipstick is great, it stays on well and does not flake off. When I wear it out at night it stays put with only minor touch ups needed. Overall a great lipstick, especially for the price. The only reason I wouldn't buy it again is because I've recently fallen in love with MAC lipsticks and want to buy either Russian Red or Ruby Woo as my next red lipstick.

on 11/13/2014 4:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can't believe I haven't written a review for this lipstick yet!

Red Revival has been my favourite red for years! I wear it all the time!
I wear it to school, to the mall, to parties, to nights out and pretty much everywhere.
It lasts forever and barely fades even after meals. Its very creamy and doesn't dry out my lips.

I'm asian with cool undertones to my skin, and this comes out as a rich, sultry blue-based red on my lips.

For cool-toned asian ladies out there. If you're looking for a nice red lipstick, I'd recommend giving this a try!

Popular Lipsticks