De La Cruz 10% Sulfur Ointment

De La Cruz 10% Sulfur Ointment

4.2

Active Ingredients: Sulfur, USP - 10 Acne Medication ; Inactive Ingredients Polyethylene Glycol updated Jan. 20, 2016

on 3/7/2016 5:19:00 PM

This product really did not impress me! I will continue to use my Bye Bye Blemish Spot Treatment! Now that stuff is effective!

on 2/28/2016 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Are these reviews even real? I've used this ointment for about 4 months now and I can officially say it does nothing for me. It was 20 dollars including shipping and comes in extremely unhygienic packaging considering its use. I put this on a pimple before I go to bed and the pimple's growth is unaffected by it. I've used it every night oh pimples and they still go away at the same rate. Oh well, not everything works for everyone.

To Read all 62 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/25/2016 9:10:00 PM

I sometimes get annoying, large pimples on the most noticeable parts of my face. I got this on Amazon.com for 7 bucks, which is really cheap. You get 2.6 oz of product, which is a lot. It comes in a plastic jar with a lid and the texture is interesting. I am used to sulfur masks that are white and harden, but this sulfur ointment is a yellow color. It is very much like a creamy texture, but I really like it. It doesn't smell too great, but it is bearable. I like to dab it on the specific area where my pimple is, but some people use it as a mask. That is fine, but I don't like to because it smells so weird. The smell, unfortunately, can linger. Even after I rinse and wipe my face, the smell just won't go away, so I prefer to use it as a spot treatment. I did sleep with some ointment on my face, but I don't really like to do that either. I don't like my pillowcase to smell like sulfur lol. This really helps me get rid of large pimples. Once I use it and rinse it off, the pimple shrinks. After a few days, the pimple is gone. It is a gradual thing for me when it comes to huge pimples, so it saves me from dark scarring. Great product for a great price.

This is the only thing that reliably works on my acne. Way more effective than benzoyl peroxide, in my opinion. My acne hasn't disappeared, but this ointment has really helped manage it to the point where I look normal again. Zits are way more mild than before, and they disappear faster. I use this ointment as a face mask almost every night for 10-30 minutes. Most people will probably want to moisturize after using it, as it's somewhat drying. I don't think this does much to remedy clogged pores, but it definitely helps prevent and get rid of infections (i.e., pimples.)

Just don't use this before going out in public, because the smell soaks into your skin for a while (which is probably why it works!)

on 12/28/2015 12:59:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I never write reviews on anything, however, this stuff is amazing! I have had acne for almost ten years now and this product has been the only thing that has given me significant results. It has completely cleared the acne on my forehead and has decreased the amount of pimples, and overall size of my acne all over the rest of my face. I usually wear this mask every other day for a couple of hours or occasionally overnight. This product will cause drying, but nothing a little moisturizer can't fix. My advice, play around with it in terms of how long to keep it on. Although it says 10 minutes on the packaging, you might need a shorter or longer amount of time depending on your skin type. All in all, this product is amazing and worth checking out at its extremely affordable price!

on 7/14/2015 12:57:00 AM

I only wish I knew about this DECADES ago. I was skeptical because nothing other than an injection gets rid of my cystic acne. However, the sulfur ointment worked as quick as a injection.

on 6/9/2015 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This product is amazing has improved my face better than proactive did in 3 months !!!! I love this product !

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE this product. I am 15, and I break out a lot, usually in my forehead. This ointment really helped me get rid of those pimples really fast. I apply it only to my pimple I don't use it as a mask... Although now I want to try it. What I do is I use my Up & Up facial scrub to cleanse my face (Which I totally recommend) and I just dab it on. Sometimes I leave it on over night. The smell isn't that bad, I kinda got used to it already. I would REALLY recommend this product, the price is good I bought it at Walmart for about $1-2 I believe.

on 2/28/2015 5:00:00 AM

I am 20 years old and I suffer from acne. I have had acne for five years now and nothing has seem to work. I tried as many products as I could until I ran into this. I used it for about a year and my skin was healthy and acne, blemish free! This product reduces the pimples over night and I can almost say that it evens skin tone. I do not know why I stopped using it and my skin is now breaking out. My face has never been this bad. I began to start using it again along with the Ponds clarant B3 and the Neutrogena rapid clear daily scrub and I have to say that it is working miracles. I wash my face in the shower with the Neutrogena Rapid clear scrub and after I get out I air dry. I strongly believe that air drying reduces the chances of hurting the skin. After my face dries I apply Ponds Clarant B3 and let it sit for a while. This helps my face from over drying because the ointment can dry the skin even more. After a minute or two I apply the Sulfur Ointment 10% by De La Cruz. Unlike most other users I leave it over night. Yes it is a sticky yellow substance but I do not mind. As long as it gets rid of my acne I do not care. These products may dry the skin at first but after some time they wont. I highly recommend this products. Good luck!!! :)

on 2/22/2015 12:48:00 PM

This sticky, stinky stuff did absolutely nothing for me.