NYX Smokey Eyes Eyeshadow Palette

NYX Smokey Eyes Eyeshadow Palette
NYX 10 Color Eyeshadow Palette - Smokey EyesNYX The Smokey Shadow PaletteNYX The Smokey Shadow Palette - Swatches

4.1

I could not get a pretty look from these shadows. I found them to be flakey and powdery. The colours are ok but I couldn't get the lighter shades to show nor did any of them blend well. They didn't last the day on me either and I'm not one to reapply my makeup. There are so many nice options at the drugstore I'd recommend giving this a pass (if it's still available).

,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸-Iamsheherazade-,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸

on 3/25/2016 9:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

this palette is perfect for traveling. the colors are all cool toned smokey shades. they blend easily and are smooth and buttery. i love nyx you can't go wrong with this palette especially for the price

on 11/7/2014 12:30:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This was my first smokey eyeshadow palette kit. I was just getting started into makeup back then. i got this palette because of the price as well as the Nyx brand being called a decent brand. After using this palette for several years, I would not buy it again. But I am still going to try to finish using this first palette.

Pros: I do like the packaging, simple, slim and comes with a mirror. I like the amount of shades given in the palette (10). I like the color selection provided. It has white, black, grey, browns, purple and silver tones. I basically just use this palette whenever I travel because it has all the colors I would use.

Cons: Fallout, some have a very powdery texture, muddy on some colors. Even with a primer, sometimes the color seems to fade throughout the day. It doesn't blend well, and the shadows end up looking blotchy sometimes.

I don't regret getting this shadow for a starter smokey kit. Good for color selection and price... But after knowing what I prefer (better quality performance), I think I would get a different smokey eye palette next time.

on 12/16/2014 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I got this as a gift from a friend. Since I'd just purchased the LORAC pro palette, I didn't expect to really use this but I decided to give it a shot the next day. I was actually pleasantly surprised. Obviously, You aren't getting the same creamy, super pigmented quality you'll get from LORAC or UD, but the blendability was decent, and with the LORAC primer, it's stayed quite well. The shades are pretty good, and I found that I created an awesome smokey eye basically just with this, and a tiny bit from my LORAC palette for more depth. To be fair though, I didn't attempt depth with this palette because I didn't trust it. But who knows, it's probably possible because every shadow I used from there exceeded expectations.

on 12/21/2014 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

NYX has some pretty amazing & affordable products, but this isn't one of them. I got this from the Mortal Instruments set they released through Ulta a year ago. I looked up the price for this palette alone, and it $7.50 USD, which is quite cheap!

The combination of colors is quite nice, but the pigmentation isn't good. At first glance, I really liked the 5th shade (a taupe-y metallic brown), but it had the worst color payoff in the entire palette. Out of all 6 colors, the 4th shade (a deep navy blue) had the best color payoff, but it was not amazing. The 1st shade (charcoal gray with shimmer) was super flaky and had an incredible amount of fallout during and after application. The only reason why I haven't thrown this palette out yet is because of the white eyeshadow; it's good for priming my eyes before applying colorful shadows.

I love the packaging though - very sleek, easy to open, and compact. It's easy to fit into a small makeup bag or in your purse. My only complaint about the packaging is that it comes with the crappy sponge tip applicator, as with all NYX eyeshadow palettes.

My absolute favorite palette in my whole collection! I use this the most, its cute, super portable, has a bunch of different shadows and is really nice to blend on your eyes. Really does make great looking smokey eyes! I'd totally recommend this to anyone trying to get that smokey eye look. High quality palette!

on 12/2/2013 10:15:00 PM

Love this palette! It contains a variety of smokey shades for you to creat a soft or full-on smokey eye. I keep this at the office because the palette includes a large mirror (the whole of the inside lid is a mirror) and also a duo-ended sponge applicator, so you can basically create an entire look just using this palette.

There are 4 dark shades, 4 medium-dark ones, and 2 shimmery highlighting shades. I like to use one of the dark ones for lining, a medium one for contouring, and the hightlight just to, uh, highlight. It wouldn't stay on my lids if it weren't for my UDPP, but then, no eyeshadows stay on my lids without it, so I wouldn't say this palette is especially bad.

The colours are rich so you only need a little at a time, so this palette will last a really really long time. The colour variety is not as great as other palettes (like UD Naked), but since the palette itself is also smaller, that's a big plus, and I can see myself bringing it on a trip and just toting it in my makeup bag.

on 5/29/2013 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I had such high hopes for this, but it didn't work for me. The colors turn into one big, muddy mess within a couple of hours (even with UDPP). They are so dull as well! Also, I feel like all the grays and browns look exactly the same when applied. There's not much variation with the colors. The silvers are very gritty and barely usable and the 'black' is not pigmented at all. I didn't even bother with the white and the cream colors - too light for my NW 50 skin. The pros are that the packaging is nice and sleek, and it's cheap. That's it. You can find a ton of better palettes out there. I would say skip.

on 3/18/2014 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

My holy grail for smokey eye! After applying Tarte primer this $7 shadow goes on as well as a $40 brand.

I've been spoiled on NYX's old single eyeshadow pots. The NYX palettes just don't compare. They feel rough and gritty and have poor pigmentation. Even over Too Faced Shadow Insurance I couldn't get the colors to look different or show up more vibrantly. I tried applying them wet and the color was more intense but applied streaky. If you've tried higher end eyeshadows you will be disappointed.