eos Smooth Sphere Lip Balm

Smooth Sphere Lip BalmSmooth Sphere Lip Balm

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Beeswax (cire d'abeille)*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Flavor, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract*, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract*. *ORGANIC

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This is a general review as I feel people should know that all the 'flavors' are not alike.
The package is always the same, just a different color....a sphere that has a slight flattening on two sides so you can set it on a surface without rolling. Honestly, people, it's no more prone to rolling than a regular cylindrical balm. If you need something that won't budge, you're going to be stuck with either pots, like what Carmex or Rosebud Salve come in, or those cube balms that are ripping off EOS.
The spheres are not pocket-friendly, but they're super easy to find blind in your bag due to the unusual shape.
Yes, the part where it screws together gets a little icky sometimes, but if you're honest with yourself, you know that Chapstick-style tubes get icky around the cap too. So it's a wash in those respects.
The formulas ARE different, and I think that's where people are getting bad information.
For example, the lemon flavor contains sunscreen, which alters the texture and is horrible for me (I react to chemical sunscreens, and I wish they made lemon in non-SPF 'cause the scent is divine). One (the tangerine, I think?) is medicated, like Carmex. Two or three are designed to be 'softer' than the regular formulation (the ones with the swirls on the sphere). And so on.
Overall they ARE on the waxy side of the lip balm world, which you'd expect because they have to hold a spherical shape even when you're smashing it against your mouth, not to mention they contain fewer chemical/petroleum products than mainstream balms.
You get a VERY generous supply; the sphere is solid balm, and even when you get to the 'framework' at the bottom, there is more underneath that you could take a lip brush to.
They are not pricey in the grand scheme of things. I own three dollar lip balms, twelve dollar lip balms...I mean, they make fifty dollar lip balms if that's your bag. Try one; you can hardly go too wrong for 2.99. I have tried: sweet mint, lemon drop, blueberry acai, raspberry pomegranate, coconut milk, the blue swirl one (name escapes me), watermelon wonderland, sweet vanilla,orange blossom, aloha Hawaii, and whatever the other ones in the Rachel Roy limited edition set were.
My personal faves are the pomegranate, aloha Hawaii, sweet vanilla, and the pink grapefruit Rachel Roy (don't remember the name!! D'oh!!!)
The sweet mint was my first one, even though I dislike mint...the texture of that one is less waxy and the sphere color is too cute. Lemon drop disagreed with me cause o' the SPF, and I just didn't care for the scent of the others. The coconut milk one smells tangy to my nose, though it too is soft and plusher than the others.
Aw, give it a try. It's three dollars and it'll last you at least six months. I know they're trendy and all, but i could not possibly care less what a Kardashian is putting on or in her mouth. If anything, the fact that they hawk them makes me LESS likely to want in on it...so that should tell you how nice and pleasant some of the formulations are. I will continue to buy in spite of the company they keep!!!!

on 6/26/2012 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

EOS! my all time favourite lip balm!! they come in many flavours however my favourite out of all of them is the summer fruit and honey dew melon flavours!! they come in a cute sphere packaging hence why i actually first bought! after using it a while i fell in love with it! personally, i have chapped lips all the time, i know unattractive!! but EOS keeps my lips hydrated at all times!! i bought it 2 months and im still using it! i bought it for $13 however its cheaper online :)

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I am obssessed with this. Best lip balm I have ever used, hands down. The first one I ever bought was the lemon one, and the next day I bought all of the other flavors that were available in the store (honeydew, tangerine, summer fruit). My favorite is the honeydew because it is a soft scent and is very fresh. Obviously, all of the others smell amazing as well. The application and the applicator itself is so cool. The lip balm goes on like butter, but is the FURTHEST thing from shiny or greasy. It keeps your lips very soft for a long time throughout the day. It also has a light touch of flavor so it's nice when you get an unexpected taste of it. Definitely recommend this.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

It worked for me the first couple days, but after that it really began to dry out my lips. It is very easy to use, but because of the effect on my lips I would not recommend this product.

on 1/7/2011 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

i love love love this product! i bought the pink one and i think its so cute! smells good, tastes good, and looks good. its definetly a must have for chapped lips. it leaves your lips feeling really soft and moisturized like you gave your lips a nice drink of water. it also leaves your lips shiney, which most chapsticks dont do. i will definetly be repurchasing this!

on 8/15/2010 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I purchased a set of these online that includes all the flavors. I adore how cute these are and easy to keep up with. I only took away one lippie, because I think they would be so much better if there was SPF in them.

Video Reviews & Tutorials