eos Smooth Sphere Lip Balm

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
eos Smooth Sphere Lip Balm
Smooth Sphere Lip BalmSmooth Sphere Lip Balm

3.6

Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Beeswax (cire d'abeille)*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Flavor, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract*, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract*. *ORGANIC

on 9/26/2016 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I think this product only works on some people. For me, it's a no. I used this product for about a year and them my lips started cracking and I had a fungus problem on my lips... ew, right? Well, I realized it was from this eos balm and switched over to Nivea Lip balm, which is my holy grail product! Sadly, I get so many of these eos balms as presents.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

i dont even know why people are hyping about this product, it just works the same as any lip balms out there and i'd rather have a stick balm because this one so bulky and i think it's very unhygienic because half of the balm is exposed when using it. would not repurchase.

on 2/10/2016 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

These lip balms are definitely overrated.

I like that they are natural and organic, the packaging is super cute, and they smell great.
But they are a little expensive and I think there are bette natural lip balms out there.
When my lips are extremely dry and chapped, this does not do the job.

This product did not work for me at all! It made my lips even more dry and made them itch like crazy--almost like an allergic reaction.. It also really burned my lips as well and made them peel. Carmex works great as well as aquafor healing ointment if you're looking for an inexpensive option.. If you're willing to dish out big bucks for a lip balm, purchase the one by La Mer.,. It's around 50.00 bucks, give or take, but works wonders and smells great too. Hope this helps!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I didn't initially buy into the whole eos hype, but a friend of mine gave me a 2-pack of these lip balms as a gift and, to my surprise, I rather enjoyed them, so much so that I now have a collection of 10 eos lip balm spheres:
- Coconut Milk*
- Honeysuckle Honeydew*
- Passion Fruit* (2)
- Pomegranate Raspberry
- Strawberry Sorbet (LE as far as I know, comes in breast cancer awareness pack)
- Sweet Mint (2)
- Vanilla Bean* (LE in winter 2015 pack)
- Vanilla Mint*

I have very dry lips and this was recommended to me by a few of my friends, who spoke very highly of them. I feel that the level of moisture/hydration varied from flavour to flavour; I marked the best ones with an asterisk (*) in my list above. As for the others, I find myself reapplying more often to achieve the same level of moisture, so I understand why other reviewers thought these were drying, although I didn't feel any drying myself.
They all have very pleasant scents and don't appear to have much dye in them, since they're all a white/cream colour inside.
The packaging is indeed very cute. The plastic sphere is supposed to be leak-proof, and the balm inside hasn't melted at all. My only issue the packaging is that it's not very convenient to keep inside my pocket or my overstuffed pencil case, but I usually have one in my locker or bag. I keep the others on display in a little bowl on my desk.
The prices varies by store, but the range I see is usually $3.99 to $6.99 CAD for one eos lip balm sphere. However, they do release gift sets with 2 or 3 in a package for around $10 sometimes, and they usually include LE flavours. I prefer to repurchase by getting the gift sets, since it is technically cheaper, although I repurchase individually if there's a sale at my local drugstore/department store.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

These lip balms are super cute and look like little easter eggs. However, they don't do much for your lips what so ever! I know a lot of girls that swear by these but I just don't see the hype. They don't moisturize at all and my lips get dry right after using them. Not sure how these are so popular, I have a feeling it's the cute packaging and colors. If you need a good lip balm try Carmex, it works so much better and is cheaper.

on 12/20/2015 4:52:00 AM

I agree that it's in a cute, average size and convenient container, but for my lips, it dries out after even half an hour. It does come in many flavors to choose from, but sometimes, when you don't use it right, it turns out not smelling pretty.

If I ran out of an EOS, I'd think before buying first. BUT, if there was a close Gap store or outlet by, I'd rather just go there for a lip balm (because Gap has a lip balm line as well, and it works magic for my lips.) I'd rather not really recommend EOS, but it's your choice...

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This product is so hyped. Other than the scent, everything about this lip balm is unconventional. It's round (sphere) so as the product starts to go down it has an effect on your general application. If your the type to toss lip balms into your purse then this will generate a line of dirt around the sides where you open it which isn't cute and dare I say the more you apply this lip balm the drier your lips become? No Bueno.

on 6/21/2015 1:52:00 PM

This lip balm is way hyped. I like it, but it's not the best thing out there. I like the fact that it is a very natural product, but the formula makes the lips feel waxy. I feel as if I must press my lips together in order for it to really soak in and moisturize. I find that is is very nice to use before exfoliating the lips. I apply this, exfoliate, and then I can apply another lip product. My favorite lip balms of all time are from Crazy Rumors. (Vegan). I do like the packaging for the EOS lip balms though. It's very cute and unusual. It's also very easy to find when digging in a purse. The packaging makes the application of the product a breeze, but there are better options out there when it comes to lip balm.

Doesn't keep lips moisturized at all. In fact, I had to keep reapplying just to make sure I was putting on "enough" but it never worked. It felt like it sat on top of my lips, provided no sheen, and needed reapplication. I ended up switching back to blister within a couple days.

Cute packaging and smells ok but that is all. Don't believe the hype!

Video Reviews & Tutorials