eos Smooth Sphere Lip Balm

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
eos Smooth Sphere Lip Balm
Smooth Sphere Lip BalmSmooth Sphere Lip Balm

3.4

Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Beeswax (cire d'abeille)*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Flavor, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract*, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract*. *ORGANIC

on 9/26/2016 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I think this product only works on some people. For me, it's a no. I used this product for about a year and them my lips started cracking and I had a fungus problem on my lips... ew, right? Well, I realized it was from this eos balm and switched over to Nivea Lip balm, which is my holy grail product! Sadly, I get so many of these eos balms as presents.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I used this for three years and I realized its the reason I had chaped lips. I switched over to ChapStick Total Hydration and have been using it for a week now and haven't had chaped lips since.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

i dont even know why people are hyping about this product, it just works the same as any lip balms out there and i'd rather have a stick balm because this one so bulky and i think it's very unhygienic because half of the balm is exposed when using it. would not repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I didn't initially buy into the whole eos hype, but a friend of mine gave me a 2-pack of these lip balms as a gift and, to my surprise, I rather enjoyed them, so much so that I now have a collection of 10 eos lip balm spheres:
- Coconut Milk*
- Honeysuckle Honeydew*
- Passion Fruit* (2)
- Pomegranate Raspberry
- Strawberry Sorbet (LE as far as I know, comes in breast cancer awareness pack)
- Sweet Mint (2)
- Vanilla Bean* (LE in winter 2015 pack)
- Vanilla Mint*

I have very dry lips and this was recommended to me by a few of my friends, who spoke very highly of them. I feel that the level of moisture/hydration varied from flavour to flavour; I marked the best ones with an asterisk (*) in my list above. As for the others, I find myself reapplying more often to achieve the same level of moisture, so I understand why other reviewers thought these were drying, although I didn't feel any drying myself.
They all have very pleasant scents and don't appear to have much dye in them, since they're all a white/cream colour inside.
The packaging is indeed very cute. The plastic sphere is supposed to be leak-proof, and the balm inside hasn't melted at all. My only issue the packaging is that it's not very convenient to keep inside my pocket or my overstuffed pencil case, but I usually have one in my locker or bag. I keep the others on display in a little bowl on my desk.
The prices varies by store, but the range I see is usually $3.99 to $6.99 CAD for one eos lip balm sphere. However, they do release gift sets with 2 or 3 in a package for around $10 sometimes, and they usually include LE flavours. I prefer to repurchase by getting the gift sets, since it is technically cheaper, although I repurchase individually if there's a sale at my local drugstore/department store.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

These lip balms are super cute and look like little easter eggs. However, they don't do much for your lips what so ever! I know a lot of girls that swear by these but I just don't see the hype. They don't moisturize at all and my lips get dry right after using them. Not sure how these are so popular, I have a feeling it's the cute packaging and colors. If you need a good lip balm try Carmex, it works so much better and is cheaper.

on 6/21/2015 1:52:00 PM

This lip balm is way hyped. I like it, but it's not the best thing out there. I like the fact that it is a very natural product, but the formula makes the lips feel waxy. I feel as if I must press my lips together in order for it to really soak in and moisturize. I find that is is very nice to use before exfoliating the lips. I apply this, exfoliate, and then I can apply another lip product. My favorite lip balms of all time are from Crazy Rumors. (Vegan). I do like the packaging for the EOS lip balms though. It's very cute and unusual. It's also very easy to find when digging in a purse. The packaging makes the application of the product a breeze, but there are better options out there when it comes to lip balm.

on 4/7/2015 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Pros: -Smells good
-Cute packaging
-Cheap
-Variety of colors/scents

Cons: -End up throwing it away before finishing
-Starts to smell weird after a couple months of having it
-Starts to collect grime very quickly
-Doesn't moisturize well if you have chapped/flaky lips. Make sure to exfoliate your lips before using this.
-Thick and waxy
-Leaves your lips wanting more, must keep reapplying

All in all, it's ok, but definitely not the best.

on 3/4/2015 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I first used this lip balm couple years ago, before it was the "hype" and it worked quite well moisturizing my lips. I stopped using it until one of my family member bought a huge pack of these at Costco, and had no choice but to use the product again. It may be effective at its packaging and look but it for some reason, is ineffective at moisturizing. It only helps temporarily but the dryness would come back...after I am done using up all of these horrible eos lip balms, never will I purchase these again.

on 11/4/2014 11:48:00 AM

Horrible! Horrible! Horrible! This is the only way to describe this over-hyped, over advertized product. I have tried alot of lipbalms-Lobello, Nivea, Plain Old Vaseline, Burt's Bees, Neutrogena, Baby Lips. Nothing has ever did what this did to my lips. It made my lips crack and peel and turn red with tiny blisters that would burst and ooze watery fluid. I repeat, nothing has ever did this to my lips! It hurt to talk, it hurt to smile. I couldn't even put on lipstick because it looked so bad. That's how horrible this so-called lipbalm is. I bought it in the flavour "Summer Fruit". It smelled delicious and looked really cute and all but it doesn't do what a lipbalm is supposed to do. This is total trash can material.

on 2/22/2014 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Watch my full review here: