eos Smooth Sphere Lip Balm

Filtered by hair type : Curly
eos Smooth Sphere Lip Balm
Smooth Sphere Lip BalmSmooth Sphere Lip Balm

3.4

Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Beeswax (cire d'abeille)*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Flavor, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract*, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract*. *ORGANIC

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

There are so many issues I have with this balm. As I've gotten older, my lips have dried out considerably and the need for constant moisture has been prevalent in my life. I was taken in by the packaging, thinking it was fairly cute and unique. I have to say though, this product caused angular chelitis for me....severe angular chelitis...which is a fungal situation at the corners of the mouth where they kind of rip a bit and it hurts to open your mouth. Terrible. The moment I stopped using this and threw it away, the corners of my mouth healed. I'm staying away from this product in the future. It seemed to dry my lips out more than without.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I used these for about two years because I love the look of the packaging. I thought that I just had very dry lips, because every morning and evening I would scrub flakes off my lips while washing my face. After trying a couple of different balms, I realized why: the eos spheres barely moisturize. I apply lip balm every one or two hours because I find the feeling of dry lips so unpleasant. With the eos spheres, if I didn't have access to balm as soon as I needed it, my lips would become painful - not just dry-feeling.

The other thing, as a couple of other reviewers have noted, is that the twisty part collects an obscene amount of grime. It's pretty gross and I put up with cleaning it because I love the packaging, but really: you can do better. You can find lip balms that moisturize AND that you don't have to clean. If you want to try an alternative, I'm currently using and liking the Nivea Essential lip balm.

on 3/4/2015 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I first used this lip balm couple years ago, before it was the "hype" and it worked quite well moisturizing my lips. I stopped using it until one of my family member bought a huge pack of these at Costco, and had no choice but to use the product again. It may be effective at its packaging and look but it for some reason, is ineffective at moisturizing. It only helps temporarily but the dryness would come back...after I am done using up all of these horrible eos lip balms, never will I purchase these again.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love the ball like packaging but I find that the spiral closing device collects dirt and bacteria in it which is a huge turn off from these products. When I originally began using these products I love them (which is why I have around eight) and now it's been about a year since I started using them and I cannot stand them anymore for the following reasons:

1. The lid collecting germs as I said above
2. After a while and now with it being a harsh winter in Canada I find these lip balms extremely drying and I find them causing my lips to flake and peel off in layer which is not appealing to anyone
3. The outside of the packaging collects dirt and germs and makeup from being in my makeup bag and they begin to look run down and dirty and it's unappealing

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have such a love-hate relationship with eos lip balms. Initially, I hated them all and thought they weren't moisturizing or long-lasting. They just seemed very thin and waxy, with no real moisturizing involved. They disappeared so quickly during the day that I assumed they would be totally worthless to use overnight. Then, one night, I happened to grab my Summer Fruit eos and applied it before bed...there just wasn't anything else in my nightstand at the time, so I gave it a try. And. It. Worked. When I woke up the next morning, I still had a layer of balm on my lips. They were soft and flake-free. So I tried it again - and it worked the next time, too. After a number of successful nights, I decided that eos would be alright for an overnight lip treatment - maybe not my HG overnight balm, but better than others I've tried. I honestly have no clue why something that cannot last through 10 minutes of talking or sipping from a straw during the day can withstand my mouth-breathing overnight. The ingredients are all quality, highly moisturizing things like olive fruit, coconut oil, jojoba, etc. - so why can't it work during the daytime too? I do think that certain flavors work better than others - Strawberry Sorbet, for example, is still too thin and waxy for my liking (even at night), and the flavor is way too strong. Summer Fruit and Pomegranate Raspberry have both worked well for me...Pomegranate Raspberry has even been okay during the daytime.
Bottom line: I love eos for overnight use, but took off a lippy because they usually fail me during the day. My boyfriend actually likes the flavors/texture and doesn't complain about my obsessive lip balm use. Plus, the price is RIGHT. They're usually $3 each at most stores, so I don't feel bad about investing in some extra "smooth spheres" to leave in my weekend bag, work bag, etc....whereas I would never do that with a $20 lip treatment. And, the flavors. They're just plain delicious. :)

on 8/28/2014 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I can't live without this. The only balm that works tbh. $3 for a stick at Walmart. My HG. I've been using it for about 1yr. Everything else I tried makes my full lips more chapped.

on 9/16/2013 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This is actually a review for the little sphere things in Blueberry Acai (couldn't find it xD):
Although the whole line is listed as a moisturizing balm, they really don't do that much moisturizing. The packages are really cute, but they're hard to store anywhere due to their spherical shape. The scents and variety are also great, but as far as I can tell it's purely cosmetic. The Blueberry Acai sphere doesn't moisturize, but when applied overnight it does leave me with fuller lips in the morning. I don't know what it is about it, but it's a happy accident ^.^

on 7/21/2013 5:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Thin awfully sweet tasting lip balm that looks like a butt plug. Or a deodorant. It's a great shape for throwing across the room if a friend wants to borrow some, but it's annoying since it always rolls under the bed. It's not very moisturizing, you'll have to reapply several times more than you would with another balm. Part of the reason why I have to reapply may be that I liked the product of. Tasting that sweetness on my lips was horrible. I hate sugar. And I hate over-priced gimmicky stuff.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I'm not sure if this is the correct product I'm writing a review for, but I have an EOS lip balm in the aqua coloured sphere (mint flavour). I loveeeee the smooth little egg-shaped packaging. So effin' cute. I do kind of like that the ingredients are supposedly mostly "natural" (even though I'm not sure if I really believe that any cosmetic product is actually natural). I also like how minty it smells and tastes. However, I'm not sure how well this product actually works-- it's decent. I will finish up my little egg lip balm, but this product isn't really a holy grail product for me. It works just as well as pretty much any other minty chapstick. I actually think Blistex Smoothies or Chapstick in mint work better in terms of making my lips feel smoother. To be honest, the adorable egg packaging of EOS just sucked me in to paying a few bucks more for it.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I love EOS products and I was so excited when I saw this product in Duane Reade... I only ever saw the spheres and thought the sticks were only sold online. It is about the same price as one of the spheres too.
First off, I love the packaging. It's very seek, simplistic, and futuristic... like all EOS balms. It feels nice to hold in my hands too.
It moisturizes well. The reason I gave it 4 lippies instead of 5 was because the vanilla scent is sort of fake and plastic-y. I would like to try the pomegranate stick to see how it compares.

Popular Lip Treatments