eos Smooth Sphere Lip Balm

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
eos Smooth Sphere Lip Balm
Smooth Sphere Lip BalmSmooth Sphere Lip Balm

3.3

Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Beeswax (cire d'abeille)*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Flavor, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract*, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract*. *ORGANIC

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

These used to be pretty nice until the company started receiving complaints about mold growing on the lip balms (due to the organic ingredients and lack of preservatives), so I think they changed something about the formula, because they feel much waxier now and they don't sink into my lips as much as they used to, they just kind of sit on top. Which is fine -- I'm one of those people who likes to "feel" balm on my lips so I know it's still there, and it "feels" like it's actually doing something, but honestly I think this is kind of mediocre in terms of healing chapped lips. Maybe if you use them a lot every day as a preventative measure against chapping they would work well, but if your lips are already chapped, using these alone don't help much at all. The packaging is cute and makes them easy to find in your purse, but they won't be fitting in the pockets of your skinny jeans without making you look like you're about to sprout a new appendage. I also wish they came in more scents/flavors whatever, because the same old selection for years gets boring. I think they're kind of expensive for what they are. They're just okay.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I didn't initially buy into the whole eos hype, but a friend of mine gave me a 2-pack of these lip balms as a gift and, to my surprise, I rather enjoyed them, so much so that I now have a collection of 10 eos lip balm spheres:
- Coconut Milk*
- Honeysuckle Honeydew*
- Passion Fruit* (2)
- Pomegranate Raspberry
- Strawberry Sorbet (LE as far as I know, comes in breast cancer awareness pack)
- Sweet Mint (2)
- Vanilla Bean* (LE in winter 2015 pack)
- Vanilla Mint*

I have very dry lips and this was recommended to me by a few of my friends, who spoke very highly of them. I feel that the level of moisture/hydration varied from flavour to flavour; I marked the best ones with an asterisk (*) in my list above. As for the others, I find myself reapplying more often to achieve the same level of moisture, so I understand why other reviewers thought these were drying, although I didn't feel any drying myself.
They all have very pleasant scents and don't appear to have much dye in them, since they're all a white/cream colour inside.
The packaging is indeed very cute. The plastic sphere is supposed to be leak-proof, and the balm inside hasn't melted at all. My only issue the packaging is that it's not very convenient to keep inside my pocket or my overstuffed pencil case, but I usually have one in my locker or bag. I keep the others on display in a little bowl on my desk.
The prices varies by store, but the range I see is usually $3.99 to $6.99 CAD for one eos lip balm sphere. However, they do release gift sets with 2 or 3 in a package for around $10 sometimes, and they usually include LE flavours. I prefer to repurchase by getting the gift sets, since it is technically cheaper, although I repurchase individually if there's a sale at my local drugstore/department store.

on 1/4/2016 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This lip balm has super cute packaging, but that is where the praise ends for me. My lips do not feel moisturized after using them and the scents are not great.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I love lip balms and have tried many. This does not live up the hyper and does not keep my lips hydrated at all!

on 11/23/2014 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Such a hyped up product, but it sort of sucks. It's too hard and isn't very moisturizing at all. I don't really have anything good to say about it aside from the round ball, which makes application easy (though you have to run it over your lips about twenty times to even get any balm on you).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Let's be honest most of us bought/ buy this because it's trendy. As for actual moisturizing properties it's a bit lacking. I love the packaging because there's no cranking or having to use your finger (gross). Plus when I'm digging through my bag it's easy to tell what it is.

on 11/17/2013 4:56:00 PM

I first tried the EOS lip balm spheres two years ago. I have repurchased several times. While these are not the most moisturizing of balms, they do a decent job and give a nice protective coating over the lips. I have tried many flavors (Sweet Mint, Lemon, Summerfruit, Strawberry, Pomegranate-Raspberry). The flavors are pleasant and light - never too heavy or sickly sweet. I LOVE them for how easy they are to find in the abyss that is my purse. They look so cute sitting out. I stash them around the house in easy-to-reach places (next to the bed, my computer, etc). I think they are a little pricey for their moisturizing capabilities, but they're so easy to dig out of my purse, I don't mind.

on 6/20/2013 6:21:00 PM

I love the fact that this product is mostly organic, with no parabens, etc etc. The scent/flavour is good, and the packaging is cute.

But it doesn't really do much for my lips. I live in a cool, dry environment and this seems to just sit on my lips, not really moisturizing them. And it feels kind of waxy on.

I've found some plain medical grade lanolin works better for me as a lip balm.

Love the smell!! Exactly like vanilla, does a good job in moisturizing, convenient tube form. Only downside is that it doesn't have SPF and it melts when yr staying in the tropics. Would repurchase though if I could find it again. I use it more as a night balm and i wake up tk soft, moisturized lips.

on 6/26/2012 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

EOS! my all time favourite lip balm!! they come in many flavours however my favourite out of all of them is the summer fruit and honey dew melon flavours!! they come in a cute sphere packaging hence why i actually first bought! after using it a while i fell in love with it! personally, i have chapped lips all the time, i know unattractive!! but EOS keeps my lips hydrated at all times!! i bought it 2 months and im still using it! i bought it for $13 however its cheaper online :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials