eos Smooth Sphere Lip Balm

Filtered by hair type : Straight
eos Smooth Sphere Lip Balm
Smooth Sphere Lip BalmSmooth Sphere Lip Balm

3.6

Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Beeswax (cire d'abeille)*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Flavor, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract*, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract*. *ORGANIC

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

i dont even know why people are hyping about this product, it just works the same as any lip balms out there and i'd rather have a stick balm because this one so bulky and i think it's very unhygienic because half of the balm is exposed when using it. would not repurchase.

on 2/10/2016 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

These lip balms are definitely overrated.

I like that they are natural and organic, the packaging is super cute, and they smell great.
But they are a little expensive and I think there are bette natural lip balms out there.
When my lips are extremely dry and chapped, this does not do the job.

on 1/26/2016 1:07:00 PM

I threw all my Eos lip balms in the trash.

I thought these were OK at first - maybe two years ago when I first got my hands on one. One of my friends sold this product, so she gave me tons of them in different colors and assortments. I noticed some of them were super plastic-y and sickly, and some colors made me get pimples around the corners of my mouth. Lots of people have allergic reactions to this product, something in it is NOT nice to the skin. I don't recommend it at all. The packaging is super cute, but gets grimy and gross as guck can get into it while it's closed after a while, also is very very difficult to clean. All in all, no.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

These lip balms are super cute and look like little easter eggs. However, they don't do much for your lips what so ever! I know a lot of girls that swear by these but I just don't see the hype. They don't moisturize at all and my lips get dry right after using them. Not sure how these are so popular, I have a feeling it's the cute packaging and colors. If you need a good lip balm try Carmex, it works so much better and is cheaper.

on 12/27/2015 7:27:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

honesty i was so excited to buy these, but i was disappointed! one you apply your lips turn dry straight away! and hardly no lip balm applys on your lips :( but they do smell good and look pretty!!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This is a general review as I feel people should know that all the 'flavors' are not alike.
The package is always the same, just a different color....a sphere that has a slight flattening on two sides so you can set it on a surface without rolling. Honestly, people, it's no more prone to rolling than a regular cylindrical balm. If you need something that won't budge, you're going to be stuck with either pots, like what Carmex or Rosebud Salve come in, or those cube balms that are ripping off EOS.
The spheres are not pocket-friendly, but they're super easy to find blind in your bag due to the unusual shape.
Yes, the part where it screws together gets a little icky sometimes, but if you're honest with yourself, you know that Chapstick-style tubes get icky around the cap too. So it's a wash in those respects.
The formulas ARE different, and I think that's where people are getting bad information.
For example, the lemon flavor contains sunscreen, which alters the texture and is horrible for me (I react to chemical sunscreens, and I wish they made lemon in non-SPF 'cause the scent is divine). One (the tangerine, I think?) is medicated, like Carmex. Two or three are designed to be 'softer' than the regular formulation (the ones with the swirls on the sphere). And so on.
Overall they ARE on the waxy side of the lip balm world, which you'd expect because they have to hold a spherical shape even when you're smashing it against your mouth, not to mention they contain fewer chemical/petroleum products than mainstream balms.
You get a VERY generous supply; the sphere is solid balm, and even when you get to the 'framework' at the bottom, there is more underneath that you could take a lip brush to.
They are not pricey in the grand scheme of things. I own three dollar lip balms, twelve dollar lip balms...I mean, they make fifty dollar lip balms if that's your bag. Try one; you can hardly go too wrong for 2.99. I have tried: sweet mint, lemon drop, blueberry acai, raspberry pomegranate, coconut milk, the blue swirl one (name escapes me), watermelon wonderland, sweet vanilla,orange blossom, aloha Hawaii, and whatever the other ones in the Rachel Roy limited edition set were.
My personal faves are the pomegranate, aloha Hawaii, sweet vanilla, and the pink grapefruit Rachel Roy (don't remember the name!! D'oh!!!)
The sweet mint was my first one, even though I dislike mint...the texture of that one is less waxy and the sphere color is too cute. Lemon drop disagreed with me cause o' the SPF, and I just didn't care for the scent of the others. The coconut milk one smells tangy to my nose, though it too is soft and plusher than the others.
Aw, give it a try. It's three dollars and it'll last you at least six months. I know they're trendy and all, but i could not possibly care less what a Kardashian is putting on or in her mouth. If anything, the fact that they hawk them makes me LESS likely to want in on it...so that should tell you how nice and pleasant some of the formulations are. I will continue to buy in spite of the company they keep!!!!

on 6/21/2015 1:52:00 PM

This lip balm is way hyped. I like it, but it's not the best thing out there. I like the fact that it is a very natural product, but the formula makes the lips feel waxy. I feel as if I must press my lips together in order for it to really soak in and moisturize. I find that is is very nice to use before exfoliating the lips. I apply this, exfoliate, and then I can apply another lip product. My favorite lip balms of all time are from Crazy Rumors. (Vegan). I do like the packaging for the EOS lip balms though. It's very cute and unusual. It's also very easy to find when digging in a purse. The packaging makes the application of the product a breeze, but there are better options out there when it comes to lip balm.

on 4/7/2015 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Pros: -Smells good
-Cute packaging
-Cheap
-Variety of colors/scents

Cons: -End up throwing it away before finishing
-Starts to smell weird after a couple months of having it
-Starts to collect grime very quickly
-Doesn't moisturize well if you have chapped/flaky lips. Make sure to exfoliate your lips before using this.
-Thick and waxy
-Leaves your lips wanting more, must keep reapplying

All in all, it's ok, but definitely not the best.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Th packaging is cute but that's the only nice thing I can say about Eos lip balms. I've tried a few different "flavors" and come to the same result: it is too expensive for one little sphere and dries out my lips like crazy. I found myself desperately reapplying it to no avail. This was making my dry lips problem worse!

I know that they are cute and they are super on-trend right now and they come in a million and one flavors but no thanks! I'll use my boring Nivea any day of the week over this. And if I want tasty quality, I'll go back to my 90s staple of Bonnie Bell Lipsmackers.

Feels nice going on, decent lasting power, and works well under or over lip color, but ultimately I found this to be rather drying. Unfortunate, as I liked the non-greasy texture and had high hopes for this.

Video Reviews & Tutorials