eos Smooth Sphere Lip Balm

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
eos Smooth Sphere Lip Balm
Smooth Sphere Lip BalmSmooth Sphere Lip Balm

3.6

Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Beeswax (cire d'abeille)*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Flavor, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract*, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract*. *ORGANIC

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

These used to be pretty nice until the company started receiving complaints about mold growing on the lip balms (due to the organic ingredients and lack of preservatives), so I think they changed something about the formula, because they feel much waxier now and they don't sink into my lips as much as they used to, they just kind of sit on top. Which is fine -- I'm one of those people who likes to "feel" balm on my lips so I know it's still there, and it "feels" like it's actually doing something, but honestly I think this is kind of mediocre in terms of healing chapped lips. Maybe if you use them a lot every day as a preventative measure against chapping they would work well, but if your lips are already chapped, using these alone don't help much at all. The packaging is cute and makes them easy to find in your purse, but they won't be fitting in the pockets of your skinny jeans without making you look like you're about to sprout a new appendage. I also wish they came in more scents/flavors whatever, because the same old selection for years gets boring. I think they're kind of expensive for what they are. They're just okay.

This product did not work for me at all! It made my lips even more dry and made them itch like crazy--almost like an allergic reaction.. It also really burned my lips as well and made them peel. Carmex works great as well as aquafor healing ointment if you're looking for an inexpensive option.. If you're willing to dish out big bucks for a lip balm, purchase the one by La Mer.,. It's around 50.00 bucks, give or take, but works wonders and smells great too. Hope this helps!

on 1/4/2016 4:24:00 PM

I finally gave in and spent the £7.99 Topshop was selling these for (the only place in the UK that sold them until a few months ago) after seeing everyone on the internet, especially youtubers, recommend this product. After seeing the adorable packaging, and smelling the delightful, fruity scents, I was instantly drawn in. However, the I was very much disappointed after the first time I used it, as instead of delivering a hydrating formula, it seemed to dry out my lips even more. I assumed this was because it was near the end of winter, and so allergy season was coming closer. I religiously used this for the next few months, and I even convinced myself to buy a new one, thinking that because all the other youtubers seemed to like it, it must've been me being very strange. I was shocked to find that after applying the blue (Blueberry?) EOS, that my lips began peeling, and after continuous application, began burning. My lips hurt so much I could barely move them. Definitely do not recommend

on 1/4/2016 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This lip balm has super cute packaging, but that is where the praise ends for me. My lips do not feel moisturized after using them and the scents are not great.

on 12/20/2015 4:52:00 AM

I agree that it's in a cute, average size and convenient container, but for my lips, it dries out after even half an hour. It does come in many flavors to choose from, but sometimes, when you don't use it right, it turns out not smelling pretty.

If I ran out of an EOS, I'd think before buying first. BUT, if there was a close Gap store or outlet by, I'd rather just go there for a lip balm (because Gap has a lip balm line as well, and it works magic for my lips.) I'd rather not really recommend EOS, but it's your choice...

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

What I love about this lip balm -

The packaging: I loooove the sphere, makes it so easy to apply!!

Smells delicious, I have this in Summer Fruits & Strawberry (YUM)

Lasts forever, have had mine for over a year & I still have heaps.

What I don't love about this lip balm -

Does not really moisturise, I get flaky skin on my lips and find this does not help or eliviate the issue at all.

I would not re buy this as it really doesn't do much in terms of providing moisture. I prefer to use other brands like Carmex as I find this does so much to actually combat any issues your lips may have ie. dry, flaky, sore. It helps to slowly repair and protect your lips.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I used these for about two years because I love the look of the packaging. I thought that I just had very dry lips, because every morning and evening I would scrub flakes off my lips while washing my face. After trying a couple of different balms, I realized why: the eos spheres barely moisturize. I apply lip balm every one or two hours because I find the feeling of dry lips so unpleasant. With the eos spheres, if I didn't have access to balm as soon as I needed it, my lips would become painful - not just dry-feeling.

The other thing, as a couple of other reviewers have noted, is that the twisty part collects an obscene amount of grime. It's pretty gross and I put up with cleaning it because I love the packaging, but really: you can do better. You can find lip balms that moisturize AND that you don't have to clean. If you want to try an alternative, I'm currently using and liking the Nivea Essential lip balm.

on 3/8/2015 5:19:00 AM

For the price, it's not horrible- however for the hype, its not what its cracked up to be. The packaging is probably my favourite thing. The sphere shape is so convenient as it covers your whole lip and goes on quite evenly. The texture is a it bit waxy and not that moisturizing. It definitely doesn't sink in but rather sits on top. This stuff is decent for the price but that's about it.

Before I tried this lip balm I thought the packaging was literally the stupidest thing ever invented, however, after using the product I know realize how terribly wrong I was. They conform so perfectly to your lips, allowing for easier and faster application.

I should also note that I am on Accutane and only a handful of lip balms can actually moisturize my lips, and this brand is one of them. I have tried the lemon, orange, melon and today bought the coconut. So far the coconut seems amazingly moisturizing.

on 11/23/2014 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Such a hyped up product, but it sort of sucks. It's too hard and isn't very moisturizing at all. I don't really have anything good to say about it aside from the round ball, which makes application easy (though you have to run it over your lips about twenty times to even get any balm on you).

Popular Lip Treatments