eos Smooth Sphere Lip Balm

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
eos Smooth Sphere Lip Balm
Smooth Sphere Lip BalmSmooth Sphere Lip Balm

3.9

Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Beeswax (cire d'abeille)*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Flavor, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract*, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract*. *ORGANIC

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

These used to be pretty nice until the company started receiving complaints about mold growing on the lip balms (due to the organic ingredients and lack of preservatives), so I think they changed something about the formula, because they feel much waxier now and they don't sink into my lips as much as they used to, they just kind of sit on top. Which is fine -- I'm one of those people who likes to "feel" balm on my lips so I know it's still there, and it "feels" like it's actually doing something, but honestly I think this is kind of mediocre in terms of healing chapped lips. Maybe if you use them a lot every day as a preventative measure against chapping they would work well, but if your lips are already chapped, using these alone don't help much at all. The packaging is cute and makes them easy to find in your purse, but they won't be fitting in the pockets of your skinny jeans without making you look like you're about to sprout a new appendage. I also wish they came in more scents/flavors whatever, because the same old selection for years gets boring. I think they're kind of expensive for what they are. They're just okay.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I didn't initially buy into the whole eos hype, but a friend of mine gave me a 2-pack of these lip balms as a gift and, to my surprise, I rather enjoyed them, so much so that I now have a collection of 10 eos lip balm spheres:
- Coconut Milk*
- Honeysuckle Honeydew*
- Passion Fruit* (2)
- Pomegranate Raspberry
- Strawberry Sorbet (LE as far as I know, comes in breast cancer awareness pack)
- Sweet Mint (2)
- Vanilla Bean* (LE in winter 2015 pack)
- Vanilla Mint*

I have very dry lips and this was recommended to me by a few of my friends, who spoke very highly of them. I feel that the level of moisture/hydration varied from flavour to flavour; I marked the best ones with an asterisk (*) in my list above. As for the others, I find myself reapplying more often to achieve the same level of moisture, so I understand why other reviewers thought these were drying, although I didn't feel any drying myself.
They all have very pleasant scents and don't appear to have much dye in them, since they're all a white/cream colour inside.
The packaging is indeed very cute. The plastic sphere is supposed to be leak-proof, and the balm inside hasn't melted at all. My only issue the packaging is that it's not very convenient to keep inside my pocket or my overstuffed pencil case, but I usually have one in my locker or bag. I keep the others on display in a little bowl on my desk.
The prices varies by store, but the range I see is usually $3.99 to $6.99 CAD for one eos lip balm sphere. However, they do release gift sets with 2 or 3 in a package for around $10 sometimes, and they usually include LE flavours. I prefer to repurchase by getting the gift sets, since it is technically cheaper, although I repurchase individually if there's a sale at my local drugstore/department store.

on 12/27/2015 7:27:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

honesty i was so excited to buy these, but i was disappointed! one you apply your lips turn dry straight away! and hardly no lip balm applys on your lips :( but they do smell good and look pretty!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I love lip balms and have tried many. This does not live up the hyper and does not keep my lips hydrated at all!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love the ball like packaging but I find that the spiral closing device collects dirt and bacteria in it which is a huge turn off from these products. When I originally began using these products I love them (which is why I have around eight) and now it's been about a year since I started using them and I cannot stand them anymore for the following reasons:

1. The lid collecting germs as I said above
2. After a while and now with it being a harsh winter in Canada I find these lip balms extremely drying and I find them causing my lips to flake and peel off in layer which is not appealing to anyone
3. The outside of the packaging collects dirt and germs and makeup from being in my makeup bag and they begin to look run down and dirty and it's unappealing

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

eos lip is a really good product and i recommend it to everyone!! i have the sweet mint and summer fruit

I have this in the summer fruit and the mint. I think I like the mint better. I like the packaging a lot. I find these pretty moisturizing for the price point. It gives me moisture for a least half the day, although sometimes I reapply because I like the flavor. I can see how for some it might be too sweet. Not for me though.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I recently tried this balm for the first time, only I have one of the sphere ones... I would much prefer it in a tube, but whatever. I got a strawberry one...which the girly part of me really loves the little pink sphere...so cute! Applying it is weird though... just rubbing a sphere of lip balm on your lips....strange.

But, that aside.... great balm. LOVE it for use under lipsticks because the finish is almost matte. I love balms that aren't all slick and greasy and yet manage to feel moisturizing...they are few and far between. The last kind I had like that was a little too thick and heavy feeling on lips but this is perfect, feels very light.

And because it isn't just filled with petroleum I doesn't travel to the edges of my lips and cause them to feel itchy (perhaps a weird problem that only I have with some balms, but whatever... this doesn't do that and that makes me happy. I think I might have a slight petroleum sensitivity or something.)

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Vanilla Bean. O how i love the smell of vanilla. super creamy, hydrating, glides on smooth the first time, no peeling, flaking or anything. tastes good too when you lick your lips. not over powering. paid 2.99 at fred meyers. will stock up, because there were only 2 of these left so this scent must be popular. I am still looking for sweet mint :) this is the BEST lip balm ever!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

OMG, i love this product! I got it in vanilla bean because the store didn't carry the other flavors or else i would of bought them all ;). It's ultra hydrating and doesn't leave my lips feeling like i have a ton of product on it. It smells great and has a slight hint of sweetness to it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials