eos Smooth Sphere Lip Balm

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
eos Smooth Sphere Lip Balm
Smooth Sphere Lip BalmSmooth Sphere Lip Balm

4.3

Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Beeswax (cire d'abeille)*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Flavor, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract*, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract*. *ORGANIC

on 1/4/2016 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This lip balm has super cute packaging, but that is where the praise ends for me. My lips do not feel moisturized after using them and the scents are not great.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I used these for about two years because I love the look of the packaging. I thought that I just had very dry lips, because every morning and evening I would scrub flakes off my lips while washing my face. After trying a couple of different balms, I realized why: the eos spheres barely moisturize. I apply lip balm every one or two hours because I find the feeling of dry lips so unpleasant. With the eos spheres, if I didn't have access to balm as soon as I needed it, my lips would become painful - not just dry-feeling.

The other thing, as a couple of other reviewers have noted, is that the twisty part collects an obscene amount of grime. It's pretty gross and I put up with cleaning it because I love the packaging, but really: you can do better. You can find lip balms that moisturize AND that you don't have to clean. If you want to try an alternative, I'm currently using and liking the Nivea Essential lip balm.

Before I tried this lip balm I thought the packaging was literally the stupidest thing ever invented, however, after using the product I know realize how terribly wrong I was. They conform so perfectly to your lips, allowing for easier and faster application.

I should also note that I am on Accutane and only a handful of lip balms can actually moisturize my lips, and this brand is one of them. I have tried the lemon, orange, melon and today bought the coconut. So far the coconut seems amazingly moisturizing.

on 10/16/2014 6:11:00 PM

I love e.o.s lip balm spheres. They're all I use. Every other lip balm dries my lips out, provides short term relief, or are greasy. Not only are the lip balm spheres effective, they come in my favorite scents in general and are spheres. I love spheres? Lol they're cute, bright, simple, and hard to lose too.

on 8/28/2014 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I can't live without this. The only balm that works tbh. $3 for a stick at Walmart. My HG. I've been using it for about 1yr. Everything else I tried makes my full lips more chapped.

on 6/26/2012 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

EOS! my all time favourite lip balm!! they come in many flavours however my favourite out of all of them is the summer fruit and honey dew melon flavours!! they come in a cute sphere packaging hence why i actually first bought! after using it a while i fell in love with it! personally, i have chapped lips all the time, i know unattractive!! but EOS keeps my lips hydrated at all times!! i bought it 2 months and im still using it! i bought it for $13 however its cheaper online :)

on 5/17/2012 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this lip balm. It keeps my lips hydrated for hours and feels smooth on my lips. Smells great in Honeydew, and I will definitely repurchase!

I have the Honeysuckle Honeydew (Green "Egg") and I have fallen in love with it due to it's smell and being 95% organic and 100% natural. I've re-bought it three times already. It's truly the only lipbalm in the world I like. I actually like the sphere shape. It's useful for getting an even coat on your lips, as well as getting in the crevasses of your lips, which was handy when I had multiple root canals and wisdom teeth surgery. My only complaint is that I've found (for me at least) if I don't use it for a prolonged period of time, my lips dry out WAY worse than they used to. Haha. Maybe that's how they get ya~ ;) lol

on 1/20/2011 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I had been meaning to pick these up for the longest time, I just never got around to it. I finally picked up Honeysuckle Honeydew today and it's amazing; the smell is delicious, the texture is super creamy and it works wonders on my dry/peely lips. I went back and grabbed Lemon Drop and Summer Fruit, too, I loved the first so much. I also adore the packaging. ♥

EDIT: I think the Sweet Mint one caused a slight breakout around my mouth, so I'm deducting one lippie.

on 9/25/2010 9:18:00 PM

I love these lip balms, both the sticks and the spheres! My favorite is the pomegranate raspberry! They moisturize my chapped lips well without leaving any residue.

Video Reviews & Tutorials