eos Smooth Sphere Lip Balm

Filtered by skin type : Dry
eos Smooth Sphere Lip Balm
Smooth Sphere Lip BalmSmooth Sphere Lip Balm

3.6

Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Beeswax (cire d'abeille)*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Flavor, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract*, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract*. *ORGANIC

on 2/10/2016 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

These lip balms are definitely overrated.

I like that they are natural and organic, the packaging is super cute, and they smell great.
But they are a little expensive and I think there are bette natural lip balms out there.
When my lips are extremely dry and chapped, this does not do the job.

This product did not work for me at all! It made my lips even more dry and made them itch like crazy--almost like an allergic reaction.. It also really burned my lips as well and made them peel. Carmex works great as well as aquafor healing ointment if you're looking for an inexpensive option.. If you're willing to dish out big bucks for a lip balm, purchase the one by La Mer.,. It's around 50.00 bucks, give or take, but works wonders and smells great too. Hope this helps!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This is a general review as I feel people should know that all the 'flavors' are not alike.
The package is always the same, just a different color....a sphere that has a slight flattening on two sides so you can set it on a surface without rolling. Honestly, people, it's no more prone to rolling than a regular cylindrical balm. If you need something that won't budge, you're going to be stuck with either pots, like what Carmex or Rosebud Salve come in, or those cube balms that are ripping off EOS.
The spheres are not pocket-friendly, but they're super easy to find blind in your bag due to the unusual shape.
Yes, the part where it screws together gets a little icky sometimes, but if you're honest with yourself, you know that Chapstick-style tubes get icky around the cap too. So it's a wash in those respects.
The formulas ARE different, and I think that's where people are getting bad information.
For example, the lemon flavor contains sunscreen, which alters the texture and is horrible for me (I react to chemical sunscreens, and I wish they made lemon in non-SPF 'cause the scent is divine). One (the tangerine, I think?) is medicated, like Carmex. Two or three are designed to be 'softer' than the regular formulation (the ones with the swirls on the sphere). And so on.
Overall they ARE on the waxy side of the lip balm world, which you'd expect because they have to hold a spherical shape even when you're smashing it against your mouth, not to mention they contain fewer chemical/petroleum products than mainstream balms.
You get a VERY generous supply; the sphere is solid balm, and even when you get to the 'framework' at the bottom, there is more underneath that you could take a lip brush to.
They are not pricey in the grand scheme of things. I own three dollar lip balms, twelve dollar lip balms...I mean, they make fifty dollar lip balms if that's your bag. Try one; you can hardly go too wrong for 2.99. I have tried: sweet mint, lemon drop, blueberry acai, raspberry pomegranate, coconut milk, the blue swirl one (name escapes me), watermelon wonderland, sweet vanilla,orange blossom, aloha Hawaii, and whatever the other ones in the Rachel Roy limited edition set were.
My personal faves are the pomegranate, aloha Hawaii, sweet vanilla, and the pink grapefruit Rachel Roy (don't remember the name!! D'oh!!!)
The sweet mint was my first one, even though I dislike mint...the texture of that one is less waxy and the sphere color is too cute. Lemon drop disagreed with me cause o' the SPF, and I just didn't care for the scent of the others. The coconut milk one smells tangy to my nose, though it too is soft and plusher than the others.
Aw, give it a try. It's three dollars and it'll last you at least six months. I know they're trendy and all, but i could not possibly care less what a Kardashian is putting on or in her mouth. If anything, the fact that they hawk them makes me LESS likely to want in on it...so that should tell you how nice and pleasant some of the formulations are. I will continue to buy in spite of the company they keep!!!!

on 3/8/2015 6:47:00 AM

No, it isn't the most hydrating lip balm, however, it is super tasty and cute, and it does stay on and protect my lips longer than any other lip balm I've tried. It seems like some people have issues with mold. I've used these for years, and never had any mold. Perhaps make sure your lips aren't wet when you apply the balm, so that you don't end up trapping moisture inside the container? Or maybe if you live I a very damp climate, these wouldn't be the best choice.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have such a love-hate relationship with eos lip balms. Initially, I hated them all and thought they weren't moisturizing or long-lasting. They just seemed very thin and waxy, with no real moisturizing involved. They disappeared so quickly during the day that I assumed they would be totally worthless to use overnight. Then, one night, I happened to grab my Summer Fruit eos and applied it before bed...there just wasn't anything else in my nightstand at the time, so I gave it a try. And. It. Worked. When I woke up the next morning, I still had a layer of balm on my lips. They were soft and flake-free. So I tried it again - and it worked the next time, too. After a number of successful nights, I decided that eos would be alright for an overnight lip treatment - maybe not my HG overnight balm, but better than others I've tried. I honestly have no clue why something that cannot last through 10 minutes of talking or sipping from a straw during the day can withstand my mouth-breathing overnight. The ingredients are all quality, highly moisturizing things like olive fruit, coconut oil, jojoba, etc. - so why can't it work during the daytime too? I do think that certain flavors work better than others - Strawberry Sorbet, for example, is still too thin and waxy for my liking (even at night), and the flavor is way too strong. Summer Fruit and Pomegranate Raspberry have both worked well for me...Pomegranate Raspberry has even been okay during the daytime.
Bottom line: I love eos for overnight use, but took off a lippy because they usually fail me during the day. My boyfriend actually likes the flavors/texture and doesn't complain about my obsessive lip balm use. Plus, the price is RIGHT. They're usually $3 each at most stores, so I don't feel bad about investing in some extra "smooth spheres" to leave in my weekend bag, work bag, etc....whereas I would never do that with a $20 lip treatment. And, the flavors. They're just plain delicious. :)

on 9/16/2013 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This is actually a review for the little sphere things in Blueberry Acai (couldn't find it xD):
Although the whole line is listed as a moisturizing balm, they really don't do that much moisturizing. The packages are really cute, but they're hard to store anywhere due to their spherical shape. The scents and variety are also great, but as far as I can tell it's purely cosmetic. The Blueberry Acai sphere doesn't moisturize, but when applied overnight it does leave me with fuller lips in the morning. I don't know what it is about it, but it's a happy accident ^.^

on 5/24/2013 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My review is for the entire line of eos lip balm balls. They are cute and smell great but not any better than say youre usual Chapstick. I bought a pack of them at Costco because they looked cute and had great scents listed. Not impressed. Doesnt do the job for super chapped lips and doesnt stay on very long. You will need to constantly reapply the balm is not very thick although it does go on smooth. Super gimmick. I wont be repurchasing no matter how cute they are. Save your money.

on 4/27/2013 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought the 4 pack ones in Costco, it inculded Sweet Mint (blue), Honeysuckle & Honeydew (green), Strawberry Sorbet (pink), and Summerfruit (pinkish-red), it was quite cheap compared to the single pack ones. The packaging was in a sphere shape and was ADORABLE and UNIQUE! They all smelled really good. My top #1 was Honeydew, it smelled sweet and lovely! They're really moist but they don't leave a shimmer after you put it on. It also deepens the wrinkles on your lip (yuck). They taste really good if you accidentally eat it. I definitely will buy it again.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

It worked for me the first couple days, but after that it really began to dry out my lips. It is very easy to use, but because of the effect on my lips I would not recommend this product.

on 10/8/2010 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

First of all: holy cow, I want to eat you! This smells so good that I have to stop myself from licking my lips after I've put it on. I have mine in Vanilla Bean by the way, and I'm a sucker for vanilla-scented anything.

The balm itself is also very good, and helps treat my chapped ''winter-is-on-the-move''-lips. I haven't tried the spheres though, so I can't compare, but i find that this one is easy to bring with me anywere.

The balm is also just the right amount of soft vs. hard. It's easy to get enough product on my lips, but it still doesn't melt. Will definitely buy again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials