eos Smooth Sphere Lip Balm

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
eos Smooth Sphere Lip Balm
Smooth Sphere Lip BalmSmooth Sphere Lip Balm

3.6

Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Beeswax (cire d'abeille)*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Flavor, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract*, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract*. *ORGANIC

on 2/10/2016 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

These lip balms are definitely overrated.

I like that they are natural and organic, the packaging is super cute, and they smell great.
But they are a little expensive and I think there are bette natural lip balms out there.
When my lips are extremely dry and chapped, this does not do the job.

on 1/26/2016 1:07:00 PM

I threw all my Eos lip balms in the trash.

I thought these were OK at first - maybe two years ago when I first got my hands on one. One of my friends sold this product, so she gave me tons of them in different colors and assortments. I noticed some of them were super plastic-y and sickly, and some colors made me get pimples around the corners of my mouth. Lots of people have allergic reactions to this product, something in it is NOT nice to the skin. I don't recommend it at all. The packaging is super cute, but gets grimy and gross as guck can get into it while it's closed after a while, also is very very difficult to clean. All in all, no.

on 12/27/2015 7:27:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

honesty i was so excited to buy these, but i was disappointed! one you apply your lips turn dry straight away! and hardly no lip balm applys on your lips :( but they do smell good and look pretty!!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

There are so many issues I have with this balm. As I've gotten older, my lips have dried out considerably and the need for constant moisture has been prevalent in my life. I was taken in by the packaging, thinking it was fairly cute and unique. I have to say though, this product caused angular chelitis for me....severe angular chelitis...which is a fungal situation at the corners of the mouth where they kind of rip a bit and it hurts to open your mouth. Terrible. The moment I stopped using this and threw it away, the corners of my mouth healed. I'm staying away from this product in the future. It seemed to dry my lips out more than without.

on 3/8/2015 7:49:00 AM

I can across EOS by accident. My lips were so dry when I was on vacation and the only brands to by were Blistick, Lysol, and EOS. I always used Chapstick and there wasn't any so I grabbed an EOS and fell in love with it so much I went back and bought every flavour. I will never buy any brand again. Love them so much!!

on 3/8/2015 6:47:00 AM

No, it isn't the most hydrating lip balm, however, it is super tasty and cute, and it does stay on and protect my lips longer than any other lip balm I've tried. It seems like some people have issues with mold. I've used these for years, and never had any mold. Perhaps make sure your lips aren't wet when you apply the balm, so that you don't end up trapping moisture inside the container? Or maybe if you live I a very damp climate, these wouldn't be the best choice.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I love lip balms and have tried many. This does not live up the hyper and does not keep my lips hydrated at all!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have such a love-hate relationship with eos lip balms. Initially, I hated them all and thought they weren't moisturizing or long-lasting. They just seemed very thin and waxy, with no real moisturizing involved. They disappeared so quickly during the day that I assumed they would be totally worthless to use overnight. Then, one night, I happened to grab my Summer Fruit eos and applied it before bed...there just wasn't anything else in my nightstand at the time, so I gave it a try. And. It. Worked. When I woke up the next morning, I still had a layer of balm on my lips. They were soft and flake-free. So I tried it again - and it worked the next time, too. After a number of successful nights, I decided that eos would be alright for an overnight lip treatment - maybe not my HG overnight balm, but better than others I've tried. I honestly have no clue why something that cannot last through 10 minutes of talking or sipping from a straw during the day can withstand my mouth-breathing overnight. The ingredients are all quality, highly moisturizing things like olive fruit, coconut oil, jojoba, etc. - so why can't it work during the daytime too? I do think that certain flavors work better than others - Strawberry Sorbet, for example, is still too thin and waxy for my liking (even at night), and the flavor is way too strong. Summer Fruit and Pomegranate Raspberry have both worked well for me...Pomegranate Raspberry has even been okay during the daytime.
Bottom line: I love eos for overnight use, but took off a lippy because they usually fail me during the day. My boyfriend actually likes the flavors/texture and doesn't complain about my obsessive lip balm use. Plus, the price is RIGHT. They're usually $3 each at most stores, so I don't feel bad about investing in some extra "smooth spheres" to leave in my weekend bag, work bag, etc....whereas I would never do that with a $20 lip treatment. And, the flavors. They're just plain delicious. :)

on 10/16/2014 6:11:00 PM

I love e.o.s lip balm spheres. They're all I use. Every other lip balm dries my lips out, provides short term relief, or are greasy. Not only are the lip balm spheres effective, they come in my favorite scents in general and are spheres. I love spheres? Lol they're cute, bright, simple, and hard to lose too.

on 9/25/2014 3:16:00 PM

Yes, I will always buy these again, even if my 2nd grader takes a bite out of them, even if I misplace them. I started buying these in 2008. Originally they had the Lemon Drop flavor w/out sunscreen & it was delicious & moisturizing, but my then toddler kept eating them. The flavor disappeared & I quit buying the other (mostly like scented) flavors. When they brought it back, it's just to drying. They've rolled out with the swirled domes and these are MUCH better. I like the vanilla-mint flavor. I think they have an extra humectant ingredient in there? Anyway, stick to the swirled domes for the best moisturizing.