eos Smooth Sphere Lip Balm

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
eos Smooth Sphere Lip Balm
Smooth Sphere Lip BalmSmooth Sphere Lip Balm

3.6

Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Beeswax (cire d'abeille)*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Flavor, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract*, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract*. *ORGANIC

on 9/26/2016 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I think this product only works on some people. For me, it's a no. I used this product for about a year and them my lips started cracking and I had a fungus problem on my lips... ew, right? Well, I realized it was from this eos balm and switched over to Nivea Lip balm, which is my holy grail product! Sadly, I get so many of these eos balms as presents.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I used this for three years and I realized its the reason I had chaped lips. I switched over to ChapStick Total Hydration and have been using it for a week now and haven't had chaped lips since.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

i dont even know why people are hyping about this product, it just works the same as any lip balms out there and i'd rather have a stick balm because this one so bulky and i think it's very unhygienic because half of the balm is exposed when using it. would not repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I didn't initially buy into the whole eos hype, but a friend of mine gave me a 2-pack of these lip balms as a gift and, to my surprise, I rather enjoyed them, so much so that I now have a collection of 10 eos lip balm spheres:
- Coconut Milk*
- Honeysuckle Honeydew*
- Passion Fruit* (2)
- Pomegranate Raspberry
- Strawberry Sorbet (LE as far as I know, comes in breast cancer awareness pack)
- Sweet Mint (2)
- Vanilla Bean* (LE in winter 2015 pack)
- Vanilla Mint*

I have very dry lips and this was recommended to me by a few of my friends, who spoke very highly of them. I feel that the level of moisture/hydration varied from flavour to flavour; I marked the best ones with an asterisk (*) in my list above. As for the others, I find myself reapplying more often to achieve the same level of moisture, so I understand why other reviewers thought these were drying, although I didn't feel any drying myself.
They all have very pleasant scents and don't appear to have much dye in them, since they're all a white/cream colour inside.
The packaging is indeed very cute. The plastic sphere is supposed to be leak-proof, and the balm inside hasn't melted at all. My only issue the packaging is that it's not very convenient to keep inside my pocket or my overstuffed pencil case, but I usually have one in my locker or bag. I keep the others on display in a little bowl on my desk.
The prices varies by store, but the range I see is usually $3.99 to $6.99 CAD for one eos lip balm sphere. However, they do release gift sets with 2 or 3 in a package for around $10 sometimes, and they usually include LE flavours. I prefer to repurchase by getting the gift sets, since it is technically cheaper, although I repurchase individually if there's a sale at my local drugstore/department store.

on 1/4/2016 4:24:00 PM

I finally gave in and spent the £7.99 Topshop was selling these for (the only place in the UK that sold them until a few months ago) after seeing everyone on the internet, especially youtubers, recommend this product. After seeing the adorable packaging, and smelling the delightful, fruity scents, I was instantly drawn in. However, the I was very much disappointed after the first time I used it, as instead of delivering a hydrating formula, it seemed to dry out my lips even more. I assumed this was because it was near the end of winter, and so allergy season was coming closer. I religiously used this for the next few months, and I even convinced myself to buy a new one, thinking that because all the other youtubers seemed to like it, it must've been me being very strange. I was shocked to find that after applying the blue (Blueberry?) EOS, that my lips began peeling, and after continuous application, began burning. My lips hurt so much I could barely move them. Definitely do not recommend

on 12/27/2015 7:27:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

honesty i was so excited to buy these, but i was disappointed! one you apply your lips turn dry straight away! and hardly no lip balm applys on your lips :( but they do smell good and look pretty!!

on 12/20/2015 4:52:00 AM

I agree that it's in a cute, average size and convenient container, but for my lips, it dries out after even half an hour. It does come in many flavors to choose from, but sometimes, when you don't use it right, it turns out not smelling pretty.

If I ran out of an EOS, I'd think before buying first. BUT, if there was a close Gap store or outlet by, I'd rather just go there for a lip balm (because Gap has a lip balm line as well, and it works magic for my lips.) I'd rather not really recommend EOS, but it's your choice...

on 4/7/2015 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Pros: -Smells good
-Cute packaging
-Cheap
-Variety of colors/scents

Cons: -End up throwing it away before finishing
-Starts to smell weird after a couple months of having it
-Starts to collect grime very quickly
-Doesn't moisturize well if you have chapped/flaky lips. Make sure to exfoliate your lips before using this.
-Thick and waxy
-Leaves your lips wanting more, must keep reapplying

All in all, it's ok, but definitely not the best.

on 3/4/2015 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I first used this lip balm couple years ago, before it was the "hype" and it worked quite well moisturizing my lips. I stopped using it until one of my family member bought a huge pack of these at Costco, and had no choice but to use the product again. It may be effective at its packaging and look but it for some reason, is ineffective at moisturizing. It only helps temporarily but the dryness would come back...after I am done using up all of these horrible eos lip balms, never will I purchase these again.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love the ball like packaging but I find that the spiral closing device collects dirt and bacteria in it which is a huge turn off from these products. When I originally began using these products I love them (which is why I have around eight) and now it's been about a year since I started using them and I cannot stand them anymore for the following reasons:

1. The lid collecting germs as I said above
2. After a while and now with it being a harsh winter in Canada I find these lip balms extremely drying and I find them causing my lips to flake and peel off in layer which is not appealing to anyone
3. The outside of the packaging collects dirt and germs and makeup from being in my makeup bag and they begin to look run down and dirty and it's unappealing

Popular Lip Treatments