Sephora Colorful Mono Eyeshadow - All

Colorful Mono Eyeshadow - AllColorful Mono Eyeshadow - All

4.3

on 10/4/2017 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have several beautiful shades from the Sephora Colorful Eyeshadows line now and I plan on seeking out more! This line has essentially any color you can think of and they come in any texture: mattes, shimmers, glitters, and so on! The shadows are decently sized and at full price range from $10-14, although many of the shades are on sale from $3-5 on the Sephora website. I have also found the shadows to be long lasting, especially with primer. The packaging is plain and a bit cheap looking, but the pans are magnetic and can be removed to be placed in custom palettes. My only complaint with the line as a whole is that the packaging can be difficult to open. On the plus side you do not have to worry about the product being secure or accidents happening, but it is a pain to open. One issue particular to the glitter shades is that they often break or crumble within the case before you have even opened it. I had two shades that I ordered online show up broken. They also have significant fallout on application, but if you are willing to clean that up the color payoff is incredible! Although I may think twice about repurchasing the glitter shades, I absolutely intend to repurchase the other shades!

on 4/19/2017 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I have several of these shadows, I use them daily. I use Cashmere Coat (a grayed up med brown) to fill in my eyebrows, it's the perfect color to blend with my dark blonde brows and doesn't scream - look at me, I filled in my sparse brows! It goes on so smoothly with Sephora's angled eyebrow brush, it makes that part of my makeup routine almost effortless. I also use the matte black shade to line my upper eyelashes. I actually prefer it over Urban Decay's matte black shadow for lining, it has virtually NO FALLOUT. When I don't want a black eyeliner, I use Dying for Shoes, which is a blackened violet. It is very subtile and classy, for less makeup days.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've head several of these eyeshadows over the years and unfortunately they are all quite a mediocre quality (somehow Sephora manages to maintain a high quality of shadows in their palettes - all shadows are made in Italy). These shadows are not very well pigmented, especially the matte ones. They also fade after approximately 2-3 hours after application.

My latest purchase is no 22 Fireworks - a very dark navy / grey with a pretty pink, blue and purple micro glitter - a dead ringer for a shadow from Tom Ford's Night Sky Christmas 2015. It fades throughout the day and the base is badly pigmented so it is necessary to use this shadow only as a top up shade over some darker base. The glitter is very pretty, not at all chunky and more importantly it does not migrate into the eyes.

What I like about the shadows is their relatively low price and that now you can dig them all out from their individual packages and place in a palette.

Where hopefully, their quality improves ;)

on 4/12/2015 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I have No. 16--Midnight Swim, which is a petrol-y blue with teal undertones and subtle pearly shimmer. It applies easily, blends out well, and is both understated and fun when used wet as a liner.

on 12/19/2014 11:59:00 AM

Hooked for the first time on Romantic Comedy no 44!!! I was looking for a 'natural' colour for everyday use that's not too 'boring'. Most of the time the nude colour came out to pale or make my lids looked washed out. Otherwise it will be too 'goldy' and beat the initial purpose of 'natural'. But look no more, i found the perfect colour in Romantic Comedy no 44!!! At first i was a bit sceptic bout Sephora e'shadow. My HG is the Bare Mineral eyeshadow duo (true colour, intact until i washed them off without primer), but lacked of colour to choose. So i'm trying a few neutral colours of sephora. And they turn out to be silky and fine texture that so easy to use, true to its colour, great pigmentation with 'rich' shiny pearlize look!!! Totally worthed it... I use my finger to apply most of my eyeshadow so can't comment on how it looked with brush or sponge.

Love using matte greyish-taupe Sephora Collection eyeshadow as a face contour for pale skin like mine.

My secret loves:
I have found that Sephora Collection matte eyeshadow "Scented Candle" no. 229 (warm tuape), and "Skinny-Dipping" No. 271 (cool/netural, greyish taupe) a slightly better match for me than NYX taupe.

on 4/7/2013 7:49:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I'm not exactly clear on whether there's a difference between the "Colorful Mono" shadows, or the "Colorful Eyshadow" singles, except the Mono seem to be on clearance.

SO ANYWAY I have #65 Lazy Afternoon (matte beige) and #85 Coffee Break (matte medium chocolate brown). I'm kind of a reverse snob with makeup, and I wasn't going to buy them if they weren't better than my favorite WnW shadows (from various palettes and also Brulee and Nutty singles). So I actually went into Sephora with my own palette and stood there swatching. Let me tell you, they absolutely blew my mattes out of the water. They are the most velvety, pigmented matte shadows I've ever felt, and I couldn't grab them and put them in my basket fast enough. Lazy Afternoon is better for my coloring than WnW Brulee, too -- pinker where Brulee has a yellowish-cream color.

I also tried #88 Morning Mocha, which is every bit as nice. I actually accidentally brought it home instead of Coffee Break -- they look a lot alike except that Mocha is slightly darker -- and had to go back and swap out because I had been looking for a medium brown specifically. But I will be back to get Mocha, oh yes I will, and now I have a whole wish list of mattes to go with it, not to mention the list of shimmers I want to try.

Packaging! The packaging is great, higher quality than MAC (also you get more product for a lower price). If you buy 2 shadows you get the 4-shadow palette free, and if you buy 4 shadows you get the 6-shadow palette. Good marketing that. The palettes and shadow compacts are heavy, slick and sturdy and (I love this so much) the entire system is magnetized, so you can simply pop out a shadow from its compact and drop it into your Sephora or other palette (although they don't fit in MAC size wells). I like freestyle, so I ripped the wells right out of the palette I got, and they came out like a dream and left the palette ready to go.

I am particularly recommending this line to my friends who are novices at eyeshadow and don't know where to start. The selection of neutrals is great at a great quality, and the swatchability (if you buy in store) and return policy mean that probably it'll be less trouble and expense to pay $13 per shadow on a modest starter palette than to run around trying to collect and/or return lesser quality shadows from the drugstore.

ETA:

#20 Sailor Kiss: ridiculously pigmented matte navy with just a smidge of peacock to it, goes on like butter. Outstanding
#50 Cashmere: a wonderful matte taupe leaning gray
#58 Winter in London: buttery pigmented medium-gray shimmer
#60 Diamonds are Forever: silver foil glitter, gorgeous, but lots of fallout on application either wet or dry, although once it's on it stays put

The only shadow I haven't found to be worth it so far is 49 Be on the A-List. WnW Nutty duplicates this one with better pigmentation.

on 11/21/2012 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Very pigmented and easy to work with, lots of colours to choose from. They don't flake and the shimmer ones don't go everywhere.

on 10/23/2013 3:15:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I'm so very heartbroken over these shadows. I got Rolling in the Grass, Choco Excess, Space Odessy, and the Smell of Roses. They all look so gorgeous and shimmery in the packaging. Unfortunately, putting them on is a different story. First of all, it's a pain in the ass to get any product onto your brush. Barely any comes up. Then, once they are on, they look so chalky and patchy. The beautiful shimmer you see in the package is nowhere to be seen. Will not be repurchasing.

I instantly fell in love with this eyeshadow, but not for the reason you think. I was in search for a bright rose coloured blush and i couldn't find the shade that i was dreaming of anyways. And this baby in "blushing no 66" was on sale. It was about 5 bucks (converted from my country's currency into dollars lol) so i could take the risk that it wouldn't work. But lucky me, it totally did. It's pigmented and it gives my cheeks a beautiful rose pink color. I don't think that i will ever use this for it's intended purpose because the colour is too bright for me to use as an eyeshadow, but worked perfectly as a blush for me. Plus it was very very cheap for a good blush, so YAY! :)