SHISEIDO Benefiance Revitalizing Eye Cream [DISCONTINUED]

SHISEIDO Benefiance Revitalizing Eye Cream [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

Water, Hydrogenated C6-14 Olefin Polymers, Mineral Oil, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Butylene Glycol, Paraffin, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Glyceryl Oleate, Squalane, Sodium Glutamate, Sodium PCA, Dipropylene Glycol, Beeswax, Polyethylene, Phytostearyl/Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Potassium Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Phosphate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Arginine HCI, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ginseng Extract, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Hydroxyproline, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Microcrystalline Wax, Trisodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Alcohol, BHT, Methylparaben, Fragrance, Iron Oxides.

on 3/27/2013 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Very soothing.

on 10/16/2011 2:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

At nearly 50, my skin is in superb condition, but I do have to battle lines & wrinkles, and in Calgary winters I also battle extremely dry skin. Th skin around my eyes gets crepey & I get puffy, dark under eye circles. This cream seems rich, but that's just the price. It made no more of an improvement than previous, cheaper eye creams. Also, I don't like the jar concept. Too risky when it comes to contamination. I really wanted this product to work, but after 8 months of twice daily use I had to give up & search for an eye cream that will rid me of crepey eye skin. Very disappointed.

on 7/19/2011 7:47:00 PM

This cream is very rich and luxurious. If you don't like rich eye cream, you might not like this one.

I personally like rich eye cream and am not bothered by the texture. However, I don't think this eye cream really does much. It is quite moisturizing, hence the rich texture. But, it does not diminish the fine lines around my eyes, nor improve my dark circle.

on 6/9/2011 11:37:00 AM

Purchased this while on vacation at Sephora. Was originally going to get Dior 60/80 but SA talked me into this. A lot cheaper than the Dior and I've been noticing a difference. Only been using about 6 weeks, not sure if I'll purchase again but for the price it works very well (compared to $80 for the dior)

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I am fairly certain that my never-ending quest for the best eye cream just ended. After trying a deluxe sample of this for about a month, I immediately bought a full-sized jar. To provide a background -- I'm 30 -- I don't have crow's feet or wrinkles, but I do have very dry skin under my eyes, which looks lined when it is not properly moisturized; my lids can also look crepey. I have gone through myriad eye creams -- Chanel, Dior, Kinerase (2), Dr. Brandt (2), Clinique (3), Bliss, DDF (2), PTR -- and despite the range in prices, all of them were sub-par. *None* of these hydrate nearly as effectively as this one does the moment it touches my skin. It *immediately* smoothes and moisturizes, making my skin look smooth and less lined.

Just for kicks, I tried the below poster's suggestion of applying a tiny amount to the lips -- AND IT WORKS! This is actually a great demonstration of how well the product really works -- the tiny lines in my lips were almost instantly smoothed away.

I think I have finally found the product that actually does what it claims. I *highly* recommend trying this if you're looking for a good eye cream to address dehydration and fine lines; it's excellent. :D

NOTE: I have read many reviews where the smell is mentioned...and, to be honest, I don't smell anything! I can't smell it on my face, and even if I stick my nose in the jar, there is no discernable fragrance...but perhaps it's just me.

on 4/29/2011 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

After trying practically all of the high end eye creams, 4-5 years ago I picked this one up by chance and it was true love! I have been using this for about 5 years total and I will never look back. It really does help with wrinkles, totally plumps them up, and I even use it on my lips, WOW! I am 36 and this cream makes me look 22.

Ladies, TRY this on your LIPS!! Amazing, just use a little, it really plumps your lips up too and not to mention the eye wrinkles. This bottle lasts a long time, usually 8-9 months because you need a very, very tiny amount. Do not use it on your upper lid because it a bit too moisturizing for the area.

This is my one and only eye and lip cream, when I use it on my lips I could not believe the difference. Amazing! Awesome, awesome, amazing cream.

on 4/25/2011 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this eye cream for 23 years (in my 50's now), and I can say with certainty that I have had NO new lines develop around my eyes in all these years - which is one reason I keep using it. The other reason is I'm hopelessly hooked on that moist feeling around my eyes - I LOVE IT!!! Over the years, the price I've paid for this eye cream has frosted my tutie;), so every now and then I've tried another less expensive eye cream. But, for me nothing else comes remotely close to this Shiseido Benefiance eye cream and I can't get back to it quick enough. Another gal here has said that it bothered her eyes severely. Although I've never had this problem, I remember the Shiseido consultant telling me that one only needs to apply it in tiny dabs at the top of the bone underneath your eye, and the cream will migrate on its own - no need to put it all over the place - so maybe that info might help. As for the price, this eye cream lasts me about 8 months and I use it daily. I don't bother even looking for anything else anymore, because I ALWAYS come back to this one and by buying other stuff that I won't use, it essentially makes this eye cream 'more' expensive, if you know what I'm saying. Bottom line - LOVE IT!

on 4/6/2011 11:11:00 PM

i was so disappointed with this eye cream. when i started using this, my under eye area was really dry to the point that skin was flaking. after i put this on, i was impressed by how moisturizing it was and how it made the flakes go away, even after i put on under eye concealer, which would usually accentuate dry skin. however, after 2 more days of use, i woke up with swollen and red under eyes. i looked like i had just cried for hours. and the worst part about it was that the area of skin that i applied this to was so sensitive that it hurt to touch it. putting on my usual all over face moisturizer made the area sting. even though this product seems to work well for many other people, it just didnt work out for me. i was probably allergic to something in the cream, which is too bad for the price.

on 3/24/2011 10:21:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really love this! Out of the four or five eye creams I have used, I like this one the best, especially for nighttime use. I am 21 so I use this mainly as a preventative, much like wearing sunscreen daily. I do have very tiny, fine lines around my eyes. Nothing noticeable from a distance, but they are there. After using this cream nightly for a week, I really see a difference in my eye area. It looks less sallow and tired (ughhhhhh 8am classes), the slight discolored area under my eyes is lessened, and of course, the tiny hairlines are reduced. I can only imagine what would happen if I continue to use this into middle age and beyond! About the fragrance, I think it is odd that they gave this product a strong scent, especially when it is formulated to go on one of the thinnest and most delicate areas of skin. I personally have no problem with the scent. It reminds me of these bath oil "beads" my mom had when I was a kid. Also, some people say that this is heavy, shouldn't be used by people without mature skin,etc. I agree that it is a serious cream, yet used judiciously and rubbed in well, anyone can try it. I have combination acne prone skin and I have had no problems. In conclusion, if you are looking for an effective eye cream, whether you are 18 or 81, this is it! Don't let the price put you off....it is great!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

You'll probably love this if you aren't sensitive to super-heavy fragrance around the eyes. Fragrance was overpowering, gave me a headache, and either that or some combination of ingredients made my eyes red and watery. Then I had an allergic reaction to it the next morning. A pity, since it's incredibly moisturizing. :( This is just my experience.