4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

9 years ago

this is a perfect my-lips-but-better color for my NC50 complexion!! it just blends beautifully. not as shiny as i thought it would be, but it is a lovely color!! :) wish they sold it in Sephora because the color can only be purchased online.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Dark

10 years ago

I wasn't sure about the whole "gloss pot" concept with these, but after seeing how Butterfield 8 actually looked on my lips, I wouldn't care if they packaged it in egg cartons!!! This is the most sophisticated nude color I have ever tried. To say it is my "HG" is such an understatement. If you try to buy one of these and find it's sold out, blame me. My plan is to buy every one I can get my grubby little hands on! The perfect nude - it doesn't make me look like death! Gotta love this one. Now ... for the perfect NARS lip liner pencil to go with it. Hmmm. Any suggestions????

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair

EyesGreen

10 years ago

Other reviewers have already commented on the product's weird smell; I'll agree with that. But I will also agree that this is a perfect everyday color for me, a brown-eyed brunette with fair / light skin. Apply with a brush for the best results (yes, it's sticky), but the color lasts longer than most other glosses I own; it looks great with either dramatic or everyday eyes. It's no more pricey than other brand-name lipglosses, but I'd love it even more if they made it with a wand. I was so disappointed to see that Sephora no longer sells this color, but it's still on the NARS website.

About reviewer (68 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

10 years ago

This is my HG nude lipgloss. I'm a CCC, about a NC43, and most nudes that I've tried look to chalky on me. Not Butterfield 8 -- it's a light milk chocolate color, with a tint of pink, that looks wonderful. It's somewhat sheer, but does have decent pigment. Plus the formulation of Nars Lip Lacquer is great --- excellent staying power. I bought mine on ebay because Sephora no longer carries it.

About reviewer (186 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Medium

11 years ago

Lip lacquers feel really good on my lips, and once they wear off, my lips feel nice and smooth. This color is a pretty brown, with a tiny bit of brick red mixed in. It's nice, but it is too dark for my skin tone. It is a very warm color, which works well with my slightly yellow skin.

About reviewer (325 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

11 years ago

I love these lip lacquers! I love butterfield 8! It is like the color of toffee with a warm undertone. It can be applied sheerly on lips by dabbing on bottom lip and rubbing lips together. I love it for going out to dinner when I want a little more color to my lips and when I do a non dramatic eye. It wears forever, thick and full coverage, non slippery, and just great quality overall. I got mine brand new in a swap and I don't notice any funny smell. Seems to me like there is no smell. The packaging leaves much to be desired since I hate having to dip my finger in it but the gloss is so nice and pretty and most importantly it lasts on my lips without drying. I just make sure my hands are clean or I use a clean lipbrush. Love this color! FYI NC30-35, brown eyes, long warm brown hair. EDIT: Yeah it does smell like crayons. =( But the quality is still superb!

About reviewer (53 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Coarse

11 years ago

I LOVE NARS Lip Lacquers. I love the texture, the pigmentation and the lasting power. My lips look and feel so luscious whenever I have any of these lacquers on. Butterfield 8 looks like a combination of milk chocolate and butterscotch, a rich medium brown with some reddish undertones. If you have highly pigmented lips like I do, this color won't be too much darker. It would look wonderful paired with golds, peacock teals and like colors on the eyes. Worn by itself it's lovely, or if it's too dark for your taste you can add a little light beige gloss to it for a gorgeous, kissable nude lip. The only thing I don't really like about them is the packaging. Now, I don't mind so much that they're in a pot, I just wish the opening was a little larger to make it easier to apply with fingers. The price is a bit steep, but IMO it's a fair exchange for such a highly pigmented, long-lasting lip product. Also the smell might a little off-putting to some (very plastic-y), but I really don't care that much. Would definitely repurchase.

About reviewer (227 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Olive, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesBlack

11 years ago

Butterfield 8 is gorgeous on my lips. Its such a versatile color. It looks good no matter what I'm wearing. I used to be frustrated with Nars lip lacqers because the jar they come in is kind of hard to carry in a small purse, but the lady at the mu counter gave me a little container that looks like the big size. I've had to buy it twice because friends "borrow" it, but some how it never gets returned.....

About reviewer (71 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinVery Oily, Dark, Neutral

HairBlack, Relaxed, Coarse

11 years ago

I really like these NARS lacquers! I may be weird, but I really don't mind the smell..It does smell a little plastic-y but its ok. Anyhow, this is a fantastic pinky/plum/brown. I think its a touch too brown/plum for my taste, but I like it none the less..great for a polished work look. I like how its thick but not overly sticky. I like how you can layer it on for more coverage if you want. The packaging is a little bulky and obnoxious, but I keep 3 different pots and a lip brush in my mini-MAC lippie satchel I got from the barbie collection which is perfect for storing these!

About reviewer (624 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

3.0

11 years ago

I love the brown with slight pink undertone for my NC25 (slightly lighter now in the winter) skin. It is VERY sticky and VERY smelly, but the color is perfect, so I will use it up and then look for a regular stick lipstick to dupe it. I RIS and am so happy I did. Looks great paired with Chanel Orchid Rose JC. ***Edit. I have not worn this b/c of it's terrible smell. NARS really needs to reformulate.

About reviewer (136 reviews)

Age25-29