Too Faced Natural Eye Kit

4.3

on 4/25/2013 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I hesitated to get it at first because I thought the price was steep considering how small most of the shadows are. After purchasing it, I'm even more convinced that it's not worth the price. Although the pigmentation on all the shadows is phenomenal. the colors are not particularly exciting. I could easily find dupes for most of them in my collection.

The main complaint I have with this palette is amount of glitter and fall out from the middle and bottom shadows, especially nude beach, which has chunks of glitter in it. I mean we're talking GLITTER BOMB. It gets very messy, with tiny glitter particles trickling down to your nose and cheeks. Overall, I would still recommend this for people who like shimmery and neutral shadows, but it didn't quite work for me. I will be returning it.

on 5/14/2012 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Universally flattering....beware of fall-out

This is a really nice palette. You can create muted looks to over-the-top glam looks all from this one palette. I find my self using Sexpresso for everything from crease color, to defining my brows and eyeliner. I wish I could purchase it alone, I do love all of the other colors too.

Silk Teddy is a surprisingly versatile color....I've found myself reaching for this one more than when I first got the palette. It can be worn alone with liner and mascara or mixed with Erotica on the outer edge for drama.

Honey Pot and Nude Beach does come with a ton of fallout, so be sure to apply before your foundation or use a powder to protect your face. Other than that, I have no complaints. I just wish it was more readily available!

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

i love all the colors in this palette. great for your a beginner like me and don't know how to use certain colors in different places. i forgot to use a primer on my eyes before and the colors still had good pigmentation.

on 12/6/2010 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Just got this during sephora's ff sale & it is my favorite out of everything I purchased. This is the main thing I throw in my bag now when traveling, for work, church or whenever. I was wondering about the colors on my NW47 skin but they all look simply beautiful. I love it :)

on 9/1/2010 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I really LOVE this palette!! These are my go to eye shadows for work in the morning. Everything is in one place and I don't have to think about putting together color combinations. I have heard people complain the lighter shawdows don't "show up" on their skin. Well, I am NC45 right now since it is summer and I am wore the lightest combination of shadows and they did show up and stayed on all day until I removed it. I use TFSI as my primer. I would definately get this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I love this palette!!! First of all let me say that I'm dark skin and the colors are great on my skin tone. The only problem i have is the double end brush it came with(no use for it at all). This palette comes with three tutorials which are helpful for beginners. I use the classic colors the most but this palette can be used for an every day look or a going out look. I will purchase this palette again.

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

i love this product ! almost everything about it is great !
all of the colours are great together and are lovely on any skin colour its also small enough to carry around in your bag.
i only had a few minor problems with it, one is that there is no mirror on it which would be handy if you were on the go. my other issue is the fact that one of the colours which looked really nice doesn't show up at all, this is the colour velvet revolver which is a very nice matt grey.however, the rest of the colours are very pigmented and come out brilliantly.
the colour are split into 3 catagories; day, classic and fashion.
the 3 day colour are;
heaven-a matt off white (a dupe for mac's chamomile)
velvet revolver-a beautiful matt grey which doesn't show up
sexpresso-a very nice matt dark brown

the 3 classic colours are;
silk teddy-a shimmery pale pink
push up-a shimmery beigey brown with hints of pink and purple
erotica-a shimmery greyish brown

the 3 fashion colours are;
nude beach-highly pigmented light pink (however darker than silk teddy) with lots of glitter in it
cocoa puff- glittery deep brown
honey pot-a highly pigmented shimmery gold

the colours are split into these catagories so that you can create 3 different looks. in the lid of the box there are 3 cards with instructions on how to create the looks, however i didn't like any of them. i found that day was pointless as velvet revolver is meant to go in the crease but doesn't show up so....,classic was nice but not very interesting and very pin and fashion was quite a statement but i wouldn't wear it anywhere. i found it much better to mix and match the colours to make my own colours.
another helpful tool on this kit is the fact that there is a small drawer that contains a liner and sponge brush.

It may sound like i'm complaining about this item, but i truly do love it and would buy it again, all of the colours aare beautiful and its very good value for money. x