Too Faced Natural Eye Kit

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Too Faced Natural Eye Kit

4.4

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Its a great palette. I would recommend it. There were some things thay were ehh but you can still work with it.
The shimmery shades were so buttery, creamy, pigmented, and smooth. I give that a two thumbs up. The matte shades or they have some slight shimmer in the eyeshadow but the shimmer disappears when i swatch it so im calling it a matte anyways I find that the matte ones not as pigmented as the shimmer ones. It was a little difficult to blend Those were the dark colors. But the white cream looking one I loved (the matte shade). But you can still work with them. You just have to build it up a lot more. The one shimmer I didnt like was the big one on the bottom left. It was chunky like really. Its almost straight up chunky glitter buts Iits fine as long as you put some glitter glue or fix + on it. I feel like its not long wearing but not short wearing either with a good primer i dont know why but i wore it the whole day one time and it still looked perfect but the next time i did it i needed some touch ups throught my day.
Thats my only complaint about the 3 shades. But I dont really care. As long as you can still work with it.

on 11/24/2013 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Disappointed. . . this is not worth the money to me. This caught my eye months ago, and I love neutral shadows and had never tried Too Faced eyeshadows before. While I love their BB cream, this just isn't something I would ever buy again.

I have hit pan on 2 matte shades in the top row - "Velvet Revolver" and "Sexpresso" and like both of these shades. They are not the best quality but I really like "Velvet Revolver" worn alone on the lid, and it blends decently but isn't as smooth as some other brands. Although Velvet Revolver looks great worn with some brown eyeliner or a cat eye.

My main dislike is the excessive glitter in the "Silk Teddy" and "Nude Beach". I have used these a total of 2x each. . maybe. They flake a lot, and are quite dusty. They don't show up with much colour but mostly glitter/shimmer on my eyelids and there is too much fallout for me to reach for this. As a base shade they are too light for my skin and look odd on my lids. Overall - I have almost used up all of the matte shades but the others just lack quality and are too shimmery for my taste. Packaging is cute though, but if you drop it - the glittery shadows are very soft and will pretty much break immediately - and I've dropped my Naked palette - it was fine along with other Lorac, Kat Von D shimmery stuff which survived the flight down, but this just broke and fell right out of the box, which really isn't a big deal considering I don't use the glittery shades.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I have to agree with my beautiful and lovely mauer vwbenzo on this palette. We are the very few in this pool that wasn't wowed by this palette. I find the packaging cute, feminine fun and even my 60+ yr old conservative mother caught her eye on the Too Faced display at Ulta. However, the quality of the actual shadows aren't my cup of tea. People get defensive about shadows and it reminds me of being a fan for a particular football team. No Urban Decay is the best! No Too Faced is better! No Lorac or go home! Stila or suck on it! I particularly like the butter smooth soft shadows that you'll find with Lorac, Stila and Shiseido. I like my shadows to blend with ease. I don't like to go over and over my crease to force it to blend in. I like shadows to just seamlessly melt into each other. With most Too Faced shadows and including this palette, I have to work at getting shades to mesh in nicely. I only enjoy the top row of this palette which are the matte shades: Heaven (cream) Velvet Revolver (taupe) and Sexpresso (deep brown). However, Velvet Revolver is poor in pigmentation but the formula is smooth. The 2nd row is mediocre and contain heavy frost and or shimmer: Silk Teddy (champagne pink) Push Up (bronze pink) Erotica (soft charcoal). I really don't care for Silk Teddy because of the unnatural frosty harsh look of it. I do like Push up and Erotica is decent in pigmentation but a bit gritty in texture. The last row is a waste and completely poor in quality. The finishes are very glittery and gritty, just like putting crushed shells on your lids! Nude Beach (glittery light warm toned pink) Honey Pot (glittery warm 24k gold) and Cocoa Puff (glittery warm milk chocolate). Ugh, I really hate the bottom row of this. So much fallout with this bottom row as well. I agree with vwbenzo when she mentioned that after a few hours of wear, these shadows seem to turn muddy and make me look tired as well. When I wear Shiseido or Urban Decay Naked shadows, they look fresh all day long. I really tried to love this palette due to the high reviews but it is a bust.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

My favorite eyeshadow palette so far! The colors harmoniously work together in a way that highlights warm undertones. The colors are strong and last for a long time; although they wash off very easily. (Which is good I guess).

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Really Love this eye palette, it's my everyday go-to for eyeshadow.

I barely ever wear eyeshadow for school but if I do- its with this palette because it's so easy to make a lovely eye.

The shadows are very pigmented and last a long time, very pigmented.
I have not always used a primer with this and the shadows do not budge.
I really love to mix 'Silk Teddy' & 'Nude Beach' for an all over lid colour.
Highly recommend.

on 11/25/2011 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have a HUGE collection of eyeshadows....like a thousand no kidding, and I loooooove this palette...excepto for the really glittery color nude beach because it has like chunks of glitter, i seldom use it, but all of the other colors are so pretty and velvety....Very wearable, they don't crease (and I have really oily lids) ypu can match them to create a really natural or glamorous look. My favorite colors are push up, honey pot and sexpresso. The pigmentation is amazing as well as the staying power...sometimes when i had my makeup on and for any reason I didn't took it off I went to sleep with this eyeshadows and next morning....SURPRISE!!! I still had my eye makeup the same way I did the day before....
I think the quality is great and it is not so expensive considering you get 9 eyeshadows.
I also have the Naked palette, that has some similar o identical colors, but the stayin power is better in the Too faced eyeshadows.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

this is my first h/e palate and I am extremely pleased! I love every single color in this palate except Nude Beach only because I find it hard to work with being there is quite a bit of fall out and I end up with glitter all over my face. However this could be because I'm not a professional :/ I don't really follow the tutorial cards that come with this palate but If you don't really know where to start this could come in handy! My favorite colors are teddy and push up and I think that for the quality of these shadows and the fact that you get 6 shimmer and 3 matte shadows, $35 is awesome! If you don't wanna drop 50 on the UD naked palate this is definitely a great choice!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

i really like the colors... they are super pigmented and easy to blend... most of the eyeshadows are shimmery which i love.. definitely recommend it if you're into neutral colors!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I love, love, love this palette. I go to work w/ no make-up and bring this everyday to put on. I rarely use it the way the cards say although it would be very easy to follow b/c a card is essentially a row. No matter what look I use, "Heaven" is my highlight. It's perfectly matte. I also use "sexpresso" as my eyebrow colour and use the brush it comes with..it's perfect. Depending on the day I'll either put Teddy or the gold one on my lid and it really brightens up my eyes. I never understood what people meant by "smooth" and "blends easily" until I tried these. The only shadow I don't like is "nude beach". Way to sparkly and no matter what I get fallout throughout the day. Will def repurchase!

on 4/25/2011 8:50:00 PM

i got this palette a few weeks ago after wondering if i really needed it. i already had the urban decay naked palette & loved it, but that push up color in the TF palette was just so pretty.
The colors in this palette are very wearable. Except for nude beach b/c of the huge glitter. But it is a pretty color without the glitter. They are all very pigmented. The top row is all matte shades, & the rest are shimmery.
Silk teddy is the exact same color as stila's kitten eyeshadow, which kind of made me sad since i have 2 kitten eyeshadows.
I use velvet revolver to blend out crease colors and sexpresso to darken the outer crease.
the rest i use for lid or brow.
Overall a nice palette. I wish the packaging wasn't so bulky tho. It doesn't fit in my makeup bag :( and the shadows are tiny! at least with the UD naked you get full sized eyeshadows.