Too Faced Natural Eye Kit

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Too Faced Natural Eye Kit

4.4

on 5/5/2014 12:50:00 PM

This review is for the reformulated 2013/2014 version. In my experience, Too Faced can be very hit/miss when it comes to eyeshadow palettes. In general, I love the quality of most of the palettes I've owned, but there has been a few duds along the way. This one - is no dud!

I own A LOT of palettes, especially neutral ones, and it's hard for me to use them repeatedly, day after day, unless I really love it. Let me tell you, I really love this one.

The shades are perfect for an everyday neutral eye that can be worn to work, church or even a night out. The combination of matte, shimmer and glittery shadows works so well. There's not one single shadow in this palette that I don't like. They blend well, wear well and last all day.

on 9/12/2012 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I just love this palette, I've been using the wrong eyeshadow colors all my life! Because of these I realized my undertone is warm :P My eyes just pop when I use the second and third looks, and the pigmentation is amazing! Definately my favorite eyeshadows so far!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I LOVE this product. Silk Teddy is my go to color for EVERYTHING. This color is just so pretty and I have gotten more compliments on my eye makeup when I wear this eye shadow than any other, EVER. In fact so many of my friends loved it on me and would come over and try it that they have gone out to buy it. Out of all the Too Faced palettes, this for sure is my favorite. And I also have the Urban Decay Naked Palettes (which I love) and this is a great compliment.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this palette. The shadows are very pigmented (aside from Heaven, which doesn't show up on me at all) and not chalky whatsoever. A lot of people have complained about the colour Nude Beach but I love it - I use it on my inner corners and the glitter just makes my eyes stand out. I get no fall out (I use the small ELF contour brush and just press it on). Honeypot is a really gorgeous gold and the formula is even more velvety than MAC veluxe pearl formulas. Really lovely. I've had this palette for 2 years now and have still not used it up despite using it most days. Great value for money and I will repurchase once I use it all up.

I was debating whether to give this product 3 stars or 4 stars - I would give it 3 and a half if that was possible.

I do love most of the shades in this palette and unlike The Romantic Eye or Naked Eye Kit which seem to cater for people of fairer complexions I did feel this palette worked fine on my NW20 complexion.

I really hated the names of the shadows in this palette. I also found the fallout of the shade "Nude Beach" to be comparable to Urban Decay's Midnight Cowboy Rides Again - fallout was insane! Application was bad and blending unthinkable - I had a face covered in glitter afterwards.

I think for someone just getting into makeup this would be an excellent palette. For me personally, the reason I gave it 3 stars is because I think there are better neutral-ish palettes out there. I prefer UD's Naked palette because I preferred it for my neutral to warm skin tone. I also think this palette is a little overpriced for what it actually offers. At 26 I'd prefer to add more and get some Inglot shadows or pay towards another full sized Urban Decay palette.

This isn't a bad palette by any means, I just don't think it's an all rounder as one shade is completely useless because of the fallout issues and there are a couple that are chalky and lacking in pigmentation compared to the shimmery shades.This might be a good one for a beginner-intermediate but dedicated makeup junkies might want to give this a miss as there are so many better dupes out there.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely adore this palette. I've never been the type of person who is a fan of bright colors on the lid, I find it to be a bit tacky. That's why when I saw this I just had to buy it. It's perfect for everyday use. It's easy to transform from day to a night look.

Here's the thing: I would have absolutely LOVED this kit if it weren't for Nude Beach & Silk Teddy. They're beautiful colors in the pan but basically a big fat glitter mess when I try to apply! Other than that the rest of the colors are beautifullll. They go on effortlessly & whenever I'm in a rush I just grab this & get to work. I use heaven religiously under my brows, always helps give my eyes that extra UUMPH.

on 3/25/2011 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've had this awhile, and had forgotten about it until today. I have a HUGE stash of cosmetics and sometimes stuff gets shuffled around. Anyway, I now remember why I LOVED this so much. You can use this every day and always have a polished, finished look with minimal effort. Especially wonderful when you have to look "done" but are pressed for time or just lazy. Great palette, and of course great quality from Too Faced! (except the retarded applicator they give you....)

on 3/23/2011 7:20:00 PM

I absolutely love this palette. Like some of the other ladies have said it is so easy to work with and the looks are just self created! Its so dumb proof that it makes getting ready in the morning a breeze! If you are in a hurry you can definitely throw on an amazing look with this palette. I also like that there are mat shades as well as shimmery shades in one palette so you can go from casual school/work day to a shimmery fun night with one palette. Really love it!

This is a no brainer when I'm doing my makeup in the mornig. I love how everything is together and it's easy. Too Faced shadows are my favorite. Love this palette. You can do so much more than just the three looks they suggest. If you are a begginer this is perfect.