Too Faced Natural Eye Kit

Too Faced Natural Eye Kit

4.4

on 1/8/2012 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love every shade in this palette (even though I normally favor vivid brights or deep metallics) and the textures are great. I would've loved a mirror though!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This palette is amazing! The colours work very well together, and you can create many different looks! It's very pigmented, and you can put it on lightly, or boldly by building up the colour. By following the cute instruction cards it comes with, the looks are very lovely, but I also like to mix and match the different colours (since of course, they are very natural and neutral colours). I don't find this palette to have any major fallout, except the colour Nude Beach because it's extremely glittery (with actual small pieces of glitter). I put this on at 7:30 am, and it lasts through my whole school day all the way to the evening (I wear Too Faced Shadow Insurance under it).

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The Too Faced Natural Eye palette was my first HE E/S purchase. I hesitated to spend $34 (now $35) on an E/S palette, since it initially seemed like a huge sticker shock in comparison to DS MU.

It is one of my favorite palettes, and I used to reach for it the most. You can create a look without much thought, 3-across, 3-down, or 3-diagonal. If you know how to play Tic-Tac-Toe or Connect-the-Dots then you can create a pulled together neutral look without effort, unlike the UD Naked Palette.

However, now that the TF Naked Eye and the UD Naked palettes have been released, I find myself neglecting the Natural Eye palette. In comparison to the other two, this is a warmer-toned palette. I find the color Nude Beach to be a bit too loud, and the glittery chunks makes it a bit difficult to work with. I tend to brush off the glittery chunks, but then it creates fall-out that tend to fall on my cheeks, that I have to then clean off. I use Silk Teddy often to pull a look together, but sometimes it creates a warmer look than I intend.

Like the other neutral palettes, it's very versatile, and the color selection is great for travel. I can easily create a great number of looks with minimal thought, knowing that all of the colors work well together.

Pros:
- Excellent quality, rich pigmentation, minimal fall-out
- Beautiful color selection, well-organized
- Does not irritate my eyes, or feel heavy on my eyelids (unlike UD ES)
- Does not crease when worn over UDPP on my oily monolids

Cons:
- Warmer shades
- Bulky paper packaging
- Cute but useless applicators & pull-out tray*

*I've contacted TF suggesting that they re-package all of their Eye like the Romantic Eye palette, or possibly slimmer. If you feel the same, then you can also e-mail the TF website under their feedback section. Hopefully TF will change the packaging soon, in time for when I re-purchase the palette.
All-in-all: <3 Love! <3

on 2/13/2011 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

After failing to kill my longing for the unattainable UD Naked pallet with UD's Ammo, I got this and the Naked Too Faced pallet at the same time. I think I like this one a little more - UD's Naked's browns seemed a bit yellow/orange on me (judging from only the sample...I'd still totally buy it if I could find it). The shades don't look too orange on me, like some browns. To be honest, I really, really like Nude Beach even with the fall out - it's like a sprinkling of fairy dust and makes me think of the Tarina Tarentino (or whoever) model pic. I wouldn't wear it to a business meeting, but it's fun.
The cards are a bit useless to me, having a monolid, and the application with the drawer is just a waste of space. It takes up a lot of room in a makeup bag, but this wouldn't deter me...

What can I say..I don't like this product. when I first got it I loved it, but slowly as I got more and more MAC eye shadows, I realized I wasn't using this at all anymore. First of all, its WAY to warm. Like a few of them look okay in the pan but apply with very warm undertones. That paired with the fact they are overly overly metallic, makes my eyes look swollen and almost greasy and just not good. I love love love my shimmery and metallic eyeshadows, in fact shimmer is basically all I wear, but this palette is just too much! Also the fallout is HUGE, especially on Nude Beach..that color is just unusable. The only three colors I adore in this palette are all three in the "day" row, heaven, velvet revolver and sexpresso. Those three blew me away! they were just the most lovely colors, but I can not justify spending $44CAD on this when I'm only using three of the colors. I'm putting this up for swap...

Lasting power and pigmentation were good though, thats the only reason I'm giving it a 3, but for me personally, its a 2 lippie product

on 9/17/2010 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I actually only use the top trio ("Day") because the latter two are a bit too... shiny to wear around to work or for general day wear, but these eyeshadows are highly pigmented and absolutely gorgeous!! I particularly love the gold eyeshadow in the bottom trio. (Also, here's a sneaky trick: by mixing and matching these eyeshadows, you can also get a great smokey eye and don't have to run out to get Too Faced's OTHER palette specifically for the smokey eye. Unless you really desperately want to or something.)

The only thing I'd really nitpick at is that I find the box a bit too big to fit into my makeup box. I appreciate that they give us a small brush and q-tip inside, but really, the box could be a lot thinner. :(

on 8/20/2010 10:14:00 PM

Love love LOVE this. I cannot express how much I am pleased with this product! The cards that came with it were pretty useless to me (just because I have monolids, and no crease.) But I do sometimes play around with the cards, just for fun. (They turn out not-too-bad!) The colors are divineee. I love the matte and the shimmer- they mix wonderfully. The sponge brush that comes with this isn't all that great, sadly, but the brush is. I like that it is a liner brush, but I don't get why they put a liner brush in with shadows... oh well. :)

The packaging is so glamorous, I love it. :) It's perfect for school for me, especially since I'm a more natural girl... of course sometimes I like to go bold. ;)

I love this so much I'm thinking of getting it in the Naked palette too! (I want Naked in UD too, come to think of it. :D)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Ok, so I'm a hooked! I bought this palette over the weekend and have worn most of the eyeshadows these past three days. I used all three eyeshadows in the Day look the first day and it really gave me a natural sophisticated look. Very matte. Yesterday, I wore the first two colors in the Classic line and used Sexspresso in the crease. Still very natural and sophisticated, but with a bit of pop because of the frost from Silk Teddy. Today, I tried the Fashion eyeshadows...and the only one I did not like is Nude Beach. The fallout isn't horrible, but it began as soon as I put the shadow on my inner lids. I ended up taking Honey Pot and using that for the rest of my lids and used Cocoa Puff with a little Sexspresson for the outer V. Really gorgeous when put together. I haven't tried Erotica yet, but I'm sure I'll love it since it has a frost finish. The only e/s in my opinion that is glittery is Nude Beach. The Day shadows are matte and the rest are frosty.

I'm giving it 4 out of 5 because I still had to use one other color for blending between the crease and brow bone and also a brow bone color not in the palette. But other than that, this palette is great. The cards that are included are great for beginners, but not so natural in the way some of the cards use the frosty and glittery all over the eye. Not my thing. But again, for beginners, great until they get the hang of applying e/s to their specific eyeshape.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i love love love the colors in this palette and it's great for traveling, all the colors i need in one very cute package. usually in palettes i get some colors i love and a few that i wouldn't be caught dead wearing but all the colors here are very wearable indeed. The colors also compliment each other perfectly without being too much alike or too drastically different to wear together.
i can use the dark for my eyebrows and the colors instantly allow me to go from subtle work look, to flirty cute, and even dark smokey eyes with the darker shades. the only color i'm not particularly fond of is "nude beach" b/c it leaves giant glitter specks on my eyes, it's not as finely milled as i would've liked. but other than that, this palette is about as perfect as it gets! :)

on 12/18/2009 1:32:00 AM

Overall: 5- I love this kit! It's my go to kit everyday! I'm so glad my friend bought this for me because I was eyeing it for months! The colors are so versatile, there's looks for natural, day, and night. The cards that come with the kit aren't that useful, and I never use them, but they're nice to have just in case, i don't know, i forget how to apply my eyeshadow. The colors are beautiful and pigmented, Too Faced, you have not let me down.

Price: 5- Yes, it is quite expensive i believe it's being sold for $34, but i didn't buy it. I received it from my friends for my birthday.

Packaging: 3- Okay, this is where Too Faced has let me down. It's bulky and i just can't bring it around with me. I was thinking about trying to pop the individual eyeshadows out, but i decided not to. The box is beautiful and i just didn't feel like ruining it. I would like this product to be more portable, that way it would be easy to go from a natural eye look into a glammed up look for clubbing or hitting the streets at night.

I would love to buy this product again. I'm loving the colors and it is, in fact, natural looking. When i first wore it my friends said that my eyes stood out more, but they couldn't figure out why. I haven't tried the "Glam" section of this kit yet because i haven't found the occasion to use it. Hopefully I'll find something soon.