Too Faced Natural Eye Kit

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Too Faced Natural Eye Kit

4.4

on 5/5/2014 12:50:00 PM

This review is for the reformulated 2013/2014 version. In my experience, Too Faced can be very hit/miss when it comes to eyeshadow palettes. In general, I love the quality of most of the palettes I've owned, but there has been a few duds along the way. This one - is no dud!

I own A LOT of palettes, especially neutral ones, and it's hard for me to use them repeatedly, day after day, unless I really love it. Let me tell you, I really love this one.

The shades are perfect for an everyday neutral eye that can be worn to work, church or even a night out. The combination of matte, shimmer and glittery shadows works so well. There's not one single shadow in this palette that I don't like. They blend well, wear well and last all day.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This was my first eye palette that I purchased from this line. It's fabulous! The colors are great and very wearable. They also have great staying power especially if you use a primer underneath. I purchased my mine on HSN when they had it on sale plus free shipping. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a nice natural palette.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I really, really liked this palette, all the shadows are amazing! What I mainly liked is that the palette's got 9 colors and you really use them, not as frequently, you buy a palette, use 3 or 4 colors and forget about the rest, which remains forever and ever.
The eyeshadows are very nice and longlasting and the palette includes 3 cards with directions, which works perfect for girls who are new on this whole make-up stuff. I would definitely recomend it, the colors are gorgeous, truly versatile and super blendable.
The package is made of very hard cardboard, has no brush or anything to apply. I would recomend to use it among the eyeshadow primer from Too Faced.

on 7/31/2012 2:59:00 PM

This was my first high-end eyeshadow palette and I really like the colours. I haven't used all of them but the quality and pigmentation of the shadows are great. I haven't experienced any fallouts which is a plus. I love neutral shades and it goes well with my skintone (MAC NC35-42). There is a sleeve with instruction cards (x3) on how to create eye shadow looks which is a bonus as I'm not good with blending colours. Despite the price, it is (in my opinion) an inexpensive palette compared to other high-end brands. Definitely worth buying if you're new to make-up :)

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I held out on this palette for a while figuring I had many similar shades to this one. I bought this on impulse and I'm pretty happy with it. I rate this palette a 4. I took one lippie off due to some shades being a bit too glittery for my taste. But, this is an outstanding value and worth checking out. For $36 you get 9 shades and a sample of their Shadow Insurance Primer. This kit also comes with handy cards that show you how to do certain looks.

This palette is separated in three sections called: Day, Classic and Fashion.

The Day shades are: Heaven (matte bone) Velvet Revolver (matte light beige) Sexpresso (matte cool toned dark brown). In order from fave to least fave, I find Sexpresso to be the most pigmented and best shade in the section. Sexpresso is very smooth and blends out perfectly in the v and crease area. Next, I like Heaven which is a nice wearable highlight shade. Last is Velvet Revolver. I particularly don't like this color only because it doesn't really show up on my NC40 skin. The color is a bit drab on me.

The Classic shades are: Silk Teddy (shimmery pink nude with a pearl finish) Push-Up (shimmery brown plum) Erotica (dark brown with shimmery gold flecks). In order from fave to least fave, I find Push-Up to be absoultely beautiful. I love using this shade for a crease or lid color. Really pigmented and blends easy. Next, I like Erotica followed by Silk Teddy. I do like Silk Teddy however it can look too frosty against my skintone if I use too much. Silk Teddy reminds me of MAC Naked Lunch on Steroids.

The Fashion shades are: Nude Beach (pink nude with large glitter) Honey Pot (very warm toned honey gold brown with gold shimmer ) Cocoa Puff (very warm toned dark brown with gold glitter). In order from fave to least fave, I like Honey Pot the best followed by Cocoa Puff then Nude Beach. Out of all the shades listed in this review, I like Nude Beach the least. Nude Beach is rough in texture due to the very large chunks of glitter. Fallout is a major problem. Also, I find Nude Beach has poor pigmentation against my skintone. If I try to layer it, I just get more glitter and no color.

Shadow Insurance: The sample that came with this palette was rather thick and very creamy. The primer applied nicely to the eye area with ease. I found that it made the shadows adhere to the eye area well and provided longevity. However, as for providing vibrant shade enhancement, I found it to be somewhat lacking in this department. I get better vibrancy with LORAC Behind the Scenes Primer.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This palette is perfection for either a daytime look, or a night look. It is part of my everyday makeup. Yes, some of these colours can be really shimmery, but they look really pretty when you put them on. These blend extremely well and there are so many looks you can achieve with this. It is a little expensive but it is TOTALLY worth it <3

on 9/17/2011 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Nice colors & packaging in an attempt to disguise the horribly poor quality of the actual makeup itself. Even with skilled application and over TFSI or UDPP, these shadows can look pretty when first applied, but that's where the accolades end. Give it 5 hours, but definitely by 10 hours the colors actually seem to change init an ashy, garish kinda look, leaving your eyes & face looking exhausted and worn down. It was difficult to decide to return this, because it always looks so deceptively good when worn at first, but really...pay attention to the long term. And return it if you decide to, preferably exchanging for UD Naked or 15th Anniversary palette...trust me, UD palettes are high quality and worth the price difference!

on 8/15/2011 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great palette for everyday use. I'm not in love with the bulkiness of the packaging, but the colors are very pigmented and easy to blend.

The Too Faced Natural Palette is a very nice palette for beginners and for those who just want a neutral colored palette. The cards the palette comes with is very helpful for those who don't know how to use the colors together. The pigmentation and lasting power of these shadows are very good so the value of this palette is pretty decent. There's also variety of finishes (matte, shimmer, etc.) as well as colors in different families in this palette which allows a person to create more diverse looks from natural to a more smokey look.

Although this palette has very nice colors (Push-up is my favorite color because it's the most unique out of the nine), there are also many dupes for this.
There have been comparisons between this palette and Urban Decay's Naked Palette. If you're looking for more colors and you're more advanced, the Naked Palette is probably more benefical for you.

Overall, this is a nice palette, especially for beginners because they will not be overwhelmed by the number of colors. Personally, I do not believe this is a "must-have palette" but is very close to it. The only reason why I wouldn't repurchase this because I have so many other eyeshadows and I always try something new.

on 7/9/2011 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

This palette has the perfect shadows for an everyday natural look. I seriously wear them almost everyday of the week. I got this palette for christmas and I feel like I am never going to run out of it. I love all the colors except nude beach because it is very hard to work with, it is a chunky glitter. Overall...very pretty palette.