Too Faced Natural Eye Kit

4.3

on 3/13/2014 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Okay, I have both Ud naked and this.
Here are 2 key points that I thought I would share

1. Basics:
UD: what it has: shimmery lid/highlight colors, 2 matte blending browns, black
what it doesn't have: matte highlight

TF: what it has: shimmery and matte highlight/lid colors, matte blending brown,
what it doesn't: black

2. Mids and Darks:
UD: mids: mid tone colors are beautiful (smog, buck and especially toasted are my favorite colors of the palette)
darks: (besides black) quite muddy, not as pigmented, hard to blend

TF: mids: not as good a selection, texture not as good as UD
darks: much better than UD, super pigmented, easy to blend

----
So here's the deal, this is about what you use most.
I use mid tone shades (toasted is my fave eyeshadow every) more often, I need a black and I don't mind using Virgin as a satin finish highlight, so for me, UD is better.

However, if you use a lot of darks and do smokey eyes often, or need many matte colors, I would say TF might work best for you.

Both are lovely, both are worth the price tag, both are travel friendly.
Hope this helps

on 11/17/2012 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Very good pigmentation. Love this palette u just have to know how to use it. Nc 45

on 9/12/2012 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I just love this palette, I've been using the wrong eyeshadow colors all my life! Because of these I realized my undertone is warm :P My eyes just pop when I use the second and third looks, and the pigmentation is amazing! Definately my favorite eyeshadows so far!

on 9/17/2011 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Nice colors & packaging in an attempt to disguise the horribly poor quality of the actual makeup itself. Even with skilled application and over TFSI or UDPP, these shadows can look pretty when first applied, but that's where the accolades end. Give it 5 hours, but definitely by 10 hours the colors actually seem to change init an ashy, garish kinda look, leaving your eyes & face looking exhausted and worn down. It was difficult to decide to return this, because it always looks so deceptively good when worn at first, but really...pay attention to the long term. And return it if you decide to, preferably exchanging for UD Naked or 15th Anniversary palette...trust me, UD palettes are high quality and worth the price difference!

on 8/15/2011 5:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this. I just wish that the large shadow on the bottom left corner didn't have so much glitter fall out. Every other colour is beautiful and completely wearable. I have this, and the naked palette and I think I actually am one of the few who prefer this one. I find the colours blend easier, and make my eyes stand out more than the naked palette. If these were the only eyeshadows I owned, I'd be okay with that.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is my favorite eye shadow set yet! I tend to not look good in bright or colored eye shadows, so this set jumped out to me at Sephora. I can honestly say that all of the colors are usable, and can be used and experimented with eachother so easily! I like to sweep the light brown shade in the middle of the package over my lids and blend in the sparkely dark brown in the bottom right of the package into the outside corners of my eyes and fade it into the center of my lid. I also like to use a larger metallic brown chubby eyeshadow and lightly blend that right above my lashline on the upper lid and then follow with espresso colored eyeliner and Diorshow mascara. These shadows can easily be taken into the nightime and are highly pigmented and blend easily. This is a must have for ladies who love neutrals. You won't be disappointed!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is now my go-to makeup palette. I love all of the colors except honey pot(and I only dislike it because it really clashes with my skin tone) but the rest are perfect. The matte dark brown is a perfect brow color and the classic eye colors in the middle row are great for everyday wear. THe colors all go on very smooth and blend nicely, even when I use my cheap brushes with them. I got this as a gift and now I want to try the naked eye kit, seeing that it has alot of nice neutral colors as well. I definitely recommend this if you wear alot of neutral colors .

on 1/7/2011 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I absolutely loved this palette! I use it every morning before I go to school and it gives me a quick natural glow. The little instruction cards that it comes with are really handy for beginners or people who don't have time to mess around creating looks but they're quite hard to get out of their little slip. The main let down was indeed the packaging as it's quite a big palette and doesn't really pop easily into your make-up bag.

However, I would definitely recommend buying this product! The only reason I didn't give it a 5 was because of the packaging and the eye shadows crease throughout the day even with primer on but it's fairly easy to fix if you just rub it in with your finger and reapply a little on top. This is a great palette to have and I loved the colour 'Erotica' so much that I went out and bought the duo of it and 'Silk Teddy'.

Quite a high end price tag but believe me that it'll last you a long time! x

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I am very pleased with most of the shadow's quality, they're smooth and quite blendable, pigmented, feel silky, extremely nice & all the way I'd want it.
Except Nude Beach - it has these huge glitters, those nasty, chunky ones that really are a pain in the bum. You usually don't see it in photos but they're there. And they're huge, fall everywhere on your face and the shadow looks dusty and chunky on the lid no matter how I apply it. And once you think you've finally dusted the glitters off.. more of those vile thingies appear! Oh my.. one lippie off for this, it's that bad.

As I said I am really pleased with all the other colors, they're perfectly pretty, high quality and I love them, nothing more to say about them except that they are great!
I find the color combinations in this palette very wearable and versatile too.

Edit: I actually was brutal enought to scrape Nude Beach out of the palette - replacing it with a random light taupe h&m shadow I got as a goodie. Much better.

on 11/16/2010 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I bought the Natural Eye Collection out of impulse. I had purchased the Naked Eye Collection prior to the Natural Eye and wasn't quite happy with how only 3 of the shadows actually depicted a "naked eye". I'm a minimalist when it comes to eye shadow and prefer more neutral colors. I ended up picking up the Natural Eye Collection and I couldn't be any happier with its' color selection. More of a universal palette with many golds, browns and flattering pinks. Offers a lot of color variety, perfect consistency, soft, easy to blend, long lasting (especially when you use primer). Top quality product. Packaging is a little bit bulky and tedious. Price is fair for the amount of product you end up with. I will definitely be repurchasing.