Too Faced Natural Eye Kit

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Too Faced Natural Eye Kit

4.5

on 5/8/2015 10:42:00 AM

A pretty good palette over all, my go-to for a neutral look. I wouldn't call it "natural" or anything, it's certainly not a "no makeup-makeup" palette, but it's nice. The only shade I really feel is odd is the Chocolate Martini shade; I'm really not sure what I'm supposed to do with a deep-ish brown with gold shimmer. Maybe good for a brown smokey eye?

All in all, a nice palette, especially since they updated it to the new metal packaging.

I really enjoy this palette. The cards were difficult to get out and got lost a long time ago, but the shadows are amazing. I love the colors, especially espresso, push up and erotica. All but the day look are very shimmery, so I am unsure I would describe it as natural. The shadow has excellent staying power and doesn't make a mess all over my nose and cheeks when I put it on. I would recommend it, I am glad I bought it, but there's so much out there exciting to buy in eyeshadow land I probably wouldn't repurchase it. Plus the palette I have has lasted a very long time and I'm not even close to running out.

on 5/29/2013 8:30:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this when I was searching for a "Naked" palette alternative. After going back and forth on many brands in Sephora, I decided on this one! I'm glad I did because I use all the browns daily and the lighter colours are great for highlighting. This is my first "high-end" eyeshadow product, and boy - what a difference! I find it be extremely pigmented and long-lasting throughout the day even without primer.

My only problems with this palette are that the middle colours don't get much use and it's very pricy. I would probably not purchase it again, although it seems that it will last a very long time. Next, I will be going for Naked instead.

on 4/25/2013 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I hesitated to get it at first because I thought the price was steep considering how small most of the shadows are. After purchasing it, I'm even more convinced that it's not worth the price. Although the pigmentation on all the shadows is phenomenal. the colors are not particularly exciting. I could easily find dupes for most of them in my collection.

The main complaint I have with this palette is amount of glitter and fall out from the middle and bottom shadows, especially nude beach, which has chunks of glitter in it. I mean we're talking GLITTER BOMB. It gets very messy, with tiny glitter particles trickling down to your nose and cheeks. Overall, I would still recommend this for people who like shimmery and neutral shadows, but it didn't quite work for me. I will be returning it.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is my new go to everyday palette! I love it! It has all the neutral colors I look for and the quality is outstanding! I go for drugstore eyeshadows but to me the only ones that are pigmented are wet n wild and they only have a few natural/neutral shadows. I really wanted a nice pigmented good quality eyeshadow palette and this is defiantly it. I like how it includes some matte shades but not too much cause I prefer a shimmer shadow finish better. The only shade that has problems is nude beach, it's mainly just glitter and no color. Other than that the other shades are great. Silk teddy, velvet revolver,and honey pot are some of my faves. I like using silk teddy on the lid, velvet revolver blended in the crease, and then coco puff, eratica, or sexpresso in the outer crease. I get so much use out of this palette and the looks you can create are endless. If you don't mind parting with some money I totally recommend this. It's worth the 36 bucks and that's coming from someone who prefers drugstore makeup.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have owned this palette for nearly two years and I still love it and I highly recommend it to anyone. Even over the urban decay naked palette.

What I love:
-the layout of the palette makes it easy to use, all the highlighters are on the left, lid colours in the center and dark colours on the right.
-the look cards are a great addition, I tried them and the looks are easy and look good.
-I wanted a matte highlighter, and heaven is a great one
-the highlighters (which you typically use most) are larger
-the colours go well together, without producing muddy looks.
-There isn't a colour that I don't like or use.
-nude beach has large glitters, but doesn't produce as much fallout as most other glitter shadows.
-texture and pigmentation, and easy to build or tone down.
-they blend well, without disappearing.
-they last all day
-the packaging is sleek and sturdy (without the drawer) and also very pretty

so yeah, i have almost no complaints, but there are a few drawbacks
-the value isn't as high as with the urban decay naked palette, you get less shadows and less grams. You also don't get a brush, eyeliner or primer with it (only a little two-day primer sample). The price is lower and it has a decent value, but nothing amazing.
-the lettering on the case rubbs off after a while
-I keep wanting the shadows to be bigger :p

why I like it over the naked palette
-naked doesn't have many light colours
-not much matte colours either
-gunmetal and creep don't go with the rest of the palette
-naked has quite a few colours I just don't use
-the colours easily get muddy when blended
-urban decay's naked is more expensive
(also, the natural eye kit came out before the naked palette:P)

if you have more neutral palettes the too faced natural eye kit can be redundant to have. because the colours aren't extremely unique. But I feel that with it's great lay-out and colour selection within the palette, it's still a nice addition. Even for those who have the naked palette, or the balm nude'tude palette.

I would recommend it to someone who just wants a no fuss palette for day and night. If you are warm toned and like light colours and just want a easy to use palette, this is definitely it.

If you're cool toned, the too faced naked eye kit is a great option, I have that one too and love it. The natural eye kit and the naked eye kit work very well together giving you a lot of colour options.

But if you don't mind not having a matte highlight and you're more into darker, smokier colours and want a black in your palette you're better off with the urban decay naked one or two,

on 3/5/2013 4:59:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is the first Too Faced product I've ever used, and I must say I'm impressed!

The quality of the shades is top notch, they're so buttery and easy to apply.
The color selection is nice too, although I feel as though 'silk teddy' and 'nude beach' are almost repeats of eachother, they're awfully similar.
The only shade I'm not overly impressed with is 'heaven', it's not very pigmented, but the color and consistency is so nice I'm willing to overlook it, it's actually become my 'blending' shade, so at least I could find a positive use for it.

Although the packaging is cute, I feel as though it could have been slightly more compact, it's not very travel friendly.

All in all, amazing value for money palette with the kind of shades that are really trending right now, A+!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

WOW! What a GREAT palette! ALL of the shadows blend well and look fantastic on many skin tones. I always end up doing my make-up for my friends since I have a bigger stash than all of them combined and this palette blows every other neutral collection I have out of the water. I recommend applying it with a soft shadow brush as opposed to a sponge applicator, and certainly recommend a primer as several of the shades have shimmer with a tendency to sit in creases. Used it to do friends' faces at a wedding this past weekend and EVERYONE'S make-up looked fantastic despite the wind, heat, and exhausting day. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

on 5/22/2012 6:36:00 PM

The only reason i am giving this 4 and not 5 lippies is because of the packaging. It is too bulky to fit in my cosmetic bag and could have been made much smaller and in a non cardboard container for durability.

Other than the packaging issue the product is wonderful and I have purchased all of the Too Faced Eye Palettes and this is one of my favorites.

Shadow goes on smoothly, doesn't crease, and wears well. Color payoff is great and these shades work well with any eye color and skin tone. Shimmer is there but not too much for the over 40 peeps!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I LOVE this product. Silk Teddy is my go to color for EVERYTHING. This color is just so pretty and I have gotten more compliments on my eye makeup when I wear this eye shadow than any other, EVER. In fact so many of my friends loved it on me and would come over and try it that they have gone out to buy it. Out of all the Too Faced palettes, this for sure is my favorite. And I also have the Urban Decay Naked Palettes (which I love) and this is a great compliment.