Too Faced Natural Eye Kit

Filtered by hair type : Other
Too Faced Natural Eye Kit

4.5

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great little palatte! You have everything you need to make a great smoky eye or a matte day/work look. Small enough to stash in a makeup bag and great to travel instead of carrying a bulky palatte!

Fav Colors - Honey Pot, Silk Teddy and Sexspresso!

on 5/29/2014 10:13:00 PM

This palette is incredible, you can create so many different looks from a heavy brown smokey eye to a no makeup makeup look. I use this mostly on weekdays for a natural eye look. I use heaven (a matte, off-white/cream) on my lid and brow bone, velvet (a cool toned beige with a hint of grey) in the crease and pushup (a shimmery bronze) in the outer V.

The pigmentation (with the exception of nude beach, which is chunky and glittery) is great and the texture is smooth and very easy to blend.

The palette also contains some darker browns that I only use as shadow liner (sexpressso, erotica and cocoa puff), as well as two lighter shimmer shades (honey pot, which is gold and silk teddy, white/light pink) that I use sparingly as inner corner highlights (only once in a while).

I have the older version of this palette, the new one that just came out has some new shades. When I'm finished with the current one, I will purchase the new version. I highly recommend this palette, I think it is a great go-to palette that would suit anyone.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I have to agree with my beautiful and lovely mauer vwbenzo on this palette. We are the very few in this pool that wasn't wowed by this palette. I find the packaging cute, feminine fun and even my 60+ yr old conservative mother caught her eye on the Too Faced display at Ulta. However, the quality of the actual shadows aren't my cup of tea. People get defensive about shadows and it reminds me of being a fan for a particular football team. No Urban Decay is the best! No Too Faced is better! No Lorac or go home! Stila or suck on it! I particularly like the butter smooth soft shadows that you'll find with Lorac, Stila and Shiseido. I like my shadows to blend with ease. I don't like to go over and over my crease to force it to blend in. I like shadows to just seamlessly melt into each other. With most Too Faced shadows and including this palette, I have to work at getting shades to mesh in nicely. I only enjoy the top row of this palette which are the matte shades: Heaven (cream) Velvet Revolver (taupe) and Sexpresso (deep brown). However, Velvet Revolver is poor in pigmentation but the formula is smooth. The 2nd row is mediocre and contain heavy frost and or shimmer: Silk Teddy (champagne pink) Push Up (bronze pink) Erotica (soft charcoal). I really don't care for Silk Teddy because of the unnatural frosty harsh look of it. I do like Push up and Erotica is decent in pigmentation but a bit gritty in texture. The last row is a waste and completely poor in quality. The finishes are very glittery and gritty, just like putting crushed shells on your lids! Nude Beach (glittery light warm toned pink) Honey Pot (glittery warm 24k gold) and Cocoa Puff (glittery warm milk chocolate). Ugh, I really hate the bottom row of this. So much fallout with this bottom row as well. I agree with vwbenzo when she mentioned that after a few hours of wear, these shadows seem to turn muddy and make me look tired as well. When I wear Shiseido or Urban Decay Naked shadows, they look fresh all day long. I really tried to love this palette due to the high reviews but it is a bust.

The colors are pretty and it compliments my eye color (brown, Asian). I find that I really love the highlighting colors and there are a few that I find no use for.
The price is almost as much as the naked palette, which I don't own. I probably would get the naked palette in the future instead of this one.
The packaging is bulky and not really travel friendly.

on 11/26/2012 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this palette and use it nearly everyday, the only one I don't like is the shadow with tons of glitter! Way to much glitter. But other than that this palette is great, especially if your a makeup newbie

on 7/29/2012 9:04:00 PM

Words cannot describe how much I love this palette! I had been wanted to buy it for a while and finally decided to go for it when I found my missing Sephora gift card. Even though there are only 9 different shadows in the palette, there are literally tons of gorgeous looks you can create with them! I also love the fact that it is fairly compact and fits inside my makeup bag (in the end, this is why I decided to buy it instead of the Naked 2 palette). The only complaint I have is that I wish it came in a slightly prettier packaging, but I am still very pleased!

This is an absolut must have in your makeup collection!!!! I have and continue to use the product daily!!!!! I have been able to find various looks from natural to dramatic. I am absolutly astonished by the quality and quantity for the price. I would purchase this product again; and, plan to once this one runs out of product. The pigmintation is incredible! It applys like the highest of quality makeup brands...no creases and stay on all day (with a primer). If you are considering this product...DO IT! It is amazing if you are just begining because you have every natural color you would ever need! And, if you have a larger makeup collection...get it! The packaging just completes how amazing the product is. It comes with cards that give you ideas for looks (I didn't find them useful...but a good jesture). You are supplied with a makeup sponge and eyeliner brush...which agian I could do with out, but nice that the give you more for your money. This product is amazing for traverlers as all you need to grab when packing your bag. Also, I find it useful when ever I go to a friends house as all I grab is a tinted moisterizer and this pallet! Overall get this product!!!! You won't ever regret it!!!!!!!!!!!

on 3/9/2012 3:19:00 AM

I love the first three rows of shadows. I use those three very often. The All the other colors are very lovely, too. Except for the nude beach. Glitter bomb. I think i've only used it once and I never want to use it again, unless I want my entire face to look like a disco ball. I wouldn't buy this again as I think I wouldn't run out of the product anytime soon. I'd probably buy individual pots of the first three shadows which I adore. :)

Three words. Ebay, Makeup, Stinks! Bad idea.....

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

The colors are so pigmented, and just amazing. They glide on like butter and blend seamlessly. There's really nothing new I can add to all the other rave reviews before me ^^ :) I like that one third of the palette are dark shades, since I like those for my outer corner and I have the selection of three dark browns. Yes! :D
On to the colors and what I use/like them for:

"Heaven" is a matte, off-white creamy white. My go-to browbone highlight. Not too stark-white, but still shows up and isn't a weird yellowish splotchy color.

"Velvet Revolver" is a matte light brown with an almost grayish undertone, a very light taupe. Very pretty and natural for me as an all-over lid color, if I just want something subtle on my lids to add dimension.

"Sexpresso" is a very dark dark brown. Perfect for a natural eyeliner (ex. on my waterline), and is also great for smoking out looks. It's one of the matte shades.

"Silk Teddy" is a peachy-pink-infused champagne shimmer. I love the texture - pearly and sheeny without being over-the-top glittery. Beautiful as an inner-corner highlight or light wash all over the lid.

"Push Up" is a gorgeous bronze with warm undertones. It matches my skin tone so well and looks very natural on my eyelids. This is a shadow that you'd use for a 'bronze goddess' look, for instance! I love to wear this just on my eyelids. Very metallic texture.

"Erotica" is a really beautiful dark brown, really hard to describe! It tends to look purplish on me, but also sometimes looks grayish. It has more of a cool undertone but still has actual gold little specks in it. Love this! My favorite crease and outer-v shade ever. I can also sometimes spot a green sheen. Very interesting and unique.

"Nude Beach" is kinda hard to work with. It's kinda like Silk Teddy, just not as pinkish and it has way more glitter to it. I like to pat it onto the center of my eyelids or dot it into the inner corner of my eyes. I don't use this color that often; I think that Too Faced should've made a beige or something instead of this.

"Honey Pot" is a true gilded gold. I love it so much for my eyelids! It's incredibly pigmented and silky and it's just a truly fabulous gold. It brings out my brown eyes and sets off my dark eyelashes, and warms up my tan skin more.

"Cocoa Puff" is another dark brown shadow. It's super-pigmented and really dark, so you just need a tiny bit of this. I quite like it! This has very warm undertones and some golden shimmer.

EDIT: I found that the colors were a little too shimmery for my liking though. 4/5