Too Faced Natural Eye Kit

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Too Faced Natural Eye Kit

on 8/27/2011 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my first palette purchase ever! I loved it very much until I discovered the Urban Decay Naked palette. However, I still reach for it from time to time. I love all the colors and find all of them wearable with the exception of one (Nude Beach).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My HG eyeshadow kit. For some reason, I like this better than the urban decay naked palette, even though the naked palette has more colors i would normally gravitate to.

This kit's eyeshadow is such high quality, you can feel it. The colors are bomb except for a few, such as the superrr sparkly pink one at the bottom left, that one is a misfit.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This palette is great! The colors are beautiful. You can create so many looks from the palette. The shadows are great quality and have good pigment. The price is great for the value.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I have been repeatedly disappointed by high end eye shadows and have really almost given up on prestige brands altogether as they are pricey, and inevitably fail to deliver.

I have a number of inexpensive eyeshadows that perform very well and of course, I can have twice as many of them. So I'm honestly not sure why I decided I had to have this.

I normally don't buy palettes at all, because there always seem to be several colors that only a hooker or a drag queen or a pubescent school girl would wear. But all the colors in this palette looked very wearable and I'll admit, I was drawn by the cute packaging.

WOW. I was very, very impressed. These shadows are so silky smooth and blend unbelievably well. I found them to be extremely easy to work with. The color payoff was very good; nice coverage without being too heavy. Even the darkest shadows were very blendable and I was able to get a nice soft smoky look with no trouble at all.

I'm not really a lover of matte shadows, so I didn't think I would really use the three matte shades in this collection. But I tried them just to see, and to my surprise, I quite liked the way they looked. I don't think it's a look I would do every day, but a nice change of pace.

Also, I found them to be very long lasting. I applied my make-up at 8:00 am, and when I went to remove my make-up at 10:00 pm, my eyeshadow still looked fresh, vibrant, and uncreased. I almost hated to take it off because it still looked so good.

It always puzzles me when people mention fallout. EVERY shadow I have ever tried from most expensive to least, has SOME fallout. These are POWDER shadows and powder is...powdery. If zero fallout is really and truly that important to you, try a cream shadow. I personally do not find it that inconvenient to whisk away tiny particles with my big fluffy brush. Swoosh, Swoosh. Done. Two seconds of my life wasted. Oh dear.

This was my first experience with Too Faced. I shied away from the brand due to the cost. But the quality of the shadow in this palette has sold me and I'll definitely buy their shadows again.