Too Faced Natural Eye Kit

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Too Faced Natural Eye Kit

4.5

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Its a great palette. I would recommend it. There were some things thay were ehh but you can still work with it.
The shimmery shades were so buttery, creamy, pigmented, and smooth. I give that a two thumbs up. The matte shades or they have some slight shimmer in the eyeshadow but the shimmer disappears when i swatch it so im calling it a matte anyways I find that the matte ones not as pigmented as the shimmer ones. It was a little difficult to blend Those were the dark colors. But the white cream looking one I loved (the matte shade). But you can still work with them. You just have to build it up a lot more. The one shimmer I didnt like was the big one on the bottom left. It was chunky like really. Its almost straight up chunky glitter buts Iits fine as long as you put some glitter glue or fix + on it. I feel like its not long wearing but not short wearing either with a good primer i dont know why but i wore it the whole day one time and it still looked perfect but the next time i did it i needed some touch ups throught my day.
Thats my only complaint about the 3 shades. But I dont really care. As long as you can still work with it.

PROS-
The shadows are creamy.
Pigmentation is the name of the game and this plays ball.
All the colors are really pretty, there isn't one you can't use.
There's a little book that gives you tips.

CONS-
It is pricey.
They do fade even with a good primer.
I would love if it would be more durable, have a brush, and mirror.

This is my number 1, go to, everyday eyeshadow palette. I am in love with this palatte, I've had it for almost a year now and can honestly say I have used it almost every single day. The shadow quality is great, smooth, silky and great pigmentation. The colors all compliment each other beautifully and every single one is wearable. 3 of the shadows are matte while 5 are shimmery and 1 is glittery. I find myself using silk teddy (champagney shimmery light pink) on my lid every day and heaven (matte white) as a highlight. This palatte can easily be used for an everyday look or a more dramatic look for later. I personally find myself using this more than the naked pallete. Love love love this!!!

on 7/9/2011 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

This palette has the perfect shadows for an everyday natural look. I seriously wear them almost everyday of the week. I got this palette for christmas and I feel like I am never going to run out of it. I love all the colors except nude beach because it is very hard to work with, it is a chunky glitter. Overall...very pretty palette.

I love this palette! I really do love these shadows, but the ones I use most are the mattes. I wouldn't repurchase simply because I just want individual matte shadows. Other than that, the rest of the palette is really really nice, just a bit too shimmery for me.

on 2/26/2011 8:26:00 PM

I love all of the shades (except for Nude Beach - it is CRAZY glittery. No joke. Massive chunks of gold glitter – I tried it and immediately washed it off – only use it with a SUPER light hand). The reason I gave this a 5 stars overall is because these have some of the BEST blendable mattes I’ve EVER used – even the shimmery shades too - blendable, neutrals, and rich pigments – 8 out of 9 shades - Excellent for my brown eyes! To my surprise, the “Day” look of 3 mattes is fabulous! It would be perfect for the office or an interview or for a situation that doesn’t call for “shimmery” or “glamour” but your eyes would still look gorgeous. (And yes, I followed the instructions on the cards, but I could imagine that these can be mixed up like crazy for some amazing wearable combos.) Be sure you use a good primer – I like BOTH TF Insurance and UDPP… Seems like this one is a big comparison with UD Naked palette – never used it but I have the KatVonD Ludwig – which has 2 HORRIBLE mattes and also 1 bad glitter fallout (with awful pointless brushes) – so that’s only 5 out of 8 wearable shadows.
3 for packaging – IMO it looks great! But I can’t imagine carrying this in my purse – but it fits nicely on my dresser with other makeup kits, so I don’t have to “hunt” for it at the bottom of a drawer or M/U bag. I could easily grab this as a reliable eye MU if I needed to run out in a flash and just apply something hastily with my fingertips. Minus 1 for not having a mirror and minus 1 for the bulk. I know the packaging is “papery” or flimsy – but the magnet part stays shut and I like the little brush for lining the shadows – I would rarely if ever use a “puff/sponge” type brush for e/s MU but it’s better than the KatVonD palette. Again, I liked the cards, I’ll use them and also experiment. Just my $0.02.
Price is 4 – because it was $32 bucks at my ULTA and besides the 3 larger pans, the other pans are a bit smaller IMO... but I would definitely purchase this one again.

on 1/15/2011 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I got this product as a Christmas present and have used it regularly since then. I like the cards, they are very useful for beginners. The colors are really wearable and can be used interchangeably. My favorite combination is Heaven on the brow bone, velvet revolver in the crease and silk teddy on the lid. It's such a pretty day look. The only complaint I have is the fallout. I am constantly cleaning the eyeshadow from under my eye. I also do not really like the fashion colors, they are just "too much" to be considered natural.

I use this palette every day, but I find myself only ever using half of the colors given. I use heaven as a base every day to help my eyeliner stay in place and also to brighten my eye area up a bit. My favorite color would be honey pot either by itself or with push-up on the crease. I rarely use any of the other colors. I find that classic and fashion both have huge chunks of glitter in them compared to push up/honey pot/cocoa puff that just has some shimmer to it. Overall I do like this palette a lot considering it is the first one i've ever boughten, but I would just watch out for the glitter chunks. The liner brush that comes with it didn't really do anything for me... but the sponge applicator is definitely helpful! I wish it came with multiple ones though.

on 11/28/2010 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just recently got this and I can't put it down! I love it sooo much! It has a great variety and you can do so many different looks. I think it's well worth the $35. They are so silky and pigmented. Such a great little addition to my collection! (:

on 10/22/2010 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool

I was never an eyeshadow girl, until this kit! Don't get me wrong, I own alot of MAC and department store/drugstore shadows, but I never found anything that actually complimented my green eyes and platinum hair. I would apply shadow, and it just made my eyes look muddy and even with good technique and good brushes, it just never worked for me.. Either the pigmentation wasn't good and you couldn't even see the shadow, or it was too dark, and made me look hookerish. So I stopped wearing it.

This year I started to miss getting all dolled up. I actually bought a bunch of new makeup in general just to get back into the swing of it, but I didn't bother with eyeshadow. I sometimes verrryyy lightly wear a light dusting of Physicians Formula shimmer strips on my lids, but that's it. The 'smokey' and 'glamor' makeup looks just never worked for me. Anyways, I went out with a girlfriend the other night and before we left, she offered to touch up my makeup for me. Her eye makeup is always flawless, so I said sure. She dabbed a bunch of stuff on my eyes quickly with her fingertip, and literally 2 seconds later I had THE most gorgeous makeup! I asked what the heck she used, and apparently, it was this kit. Before we went out that night, we went to the mall, and I immediately purchased my own! I love it.

I don't use the cards, I find I can come up with nicer color combinations on my own that are much more flattering for my eyes. I get complimented on my eyes and makeup every time I use this kit. The colors are beautiful, and are very rich and very pigmented... I like these shadows better than anything more expensive I've purchased from MAC or other brands. The quality is insane! $44CDN is a bit excessive, but for the quality and payoff I get from using this, I consider it worth it. I also don't wear shadow every single day, so I think it will probably last a really long time. To be honest though, even though this is called 'Natural Eye', I actually don't do a natural look with it... I usually do a more glamorous eye. I can't get over the amazing pigmentation and how easily the shadows glide on... I can use expensive brushes, or just my fingers to apply it if I'm in a hurry, and I still get the same awesome results. I will definately repurchase this kit should I ever need to! These eyeshadows are gorgeous on me; never overdone, underdone, or muddy looking like every other brand/color I've tried in the past. I can use every single color in this kit, and I find them all equally flattering. I like that there's both matte and shimmer options, and I love the endless options I have for mixing/matching shades. These shadows also stay on me for days (literally for a full 48 hours, my eyemakeup stayed on and looked flawless, even after sleeping in it!) without a primer. That's what I call results! :)

The only things I'm not fond of is the bulkiness of the kit, I think a thinner cardboard case would have been better and more practical especially if you want to bring your shadows with you or travel with them... Also the applicator they include is kind of pointless in my opinion. But for the awesome results I get, I won't complain about that. I love this and will definately recommend.

Popular Palettes