Too Faced Natural Eye Kit

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Too Faced Natural Eye Kit

4.4

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This was my first eyeshadow palette, and I got it about four years ago. Now that I own so many eyeshadows, it's not my favorite. However, they're really pigmented, and they blend well. Nude Beach is the only one with huge glitter pieces, so I don't like that one. There are eye shadows in this that are close, or exact dupes. Heaven is a dupe for MAC's Blanc Type. Silk Teddy is really similar to UD Sin, MAC's Naked Lunch, and Jest, Honey Pot is a dupe for UD Half Baked, Velvet Revolver is a less pigmented version of MAC's Omega. I'm sure there are more, but that's all that I have right now. It's a great palette if you love neutrals.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have owned this palette for nearly two years and I still love it and I highly recommend it to anyone. Even over the urban decay naked palette.

What I love:
-the layout of the palette makes it easy to use, all the highlighters are on the left, lid colours in the center and dark colours on the right.
-the look cards are a great addition, I tried them and the looks are easy and look good.
-I wanted a matte highlighter, and heaven is a great one
-the highlighters (which you typically use most) are larger
-the colours go well together, without producing muddy looks.
-There isn't a colour that I don't like or use.
-nude beach has large glitters, but doesn't produce as much fallout as most other glitter shadows.
-texture and pigmentation, and easy to build or tone down.
-they blend well, without disappearing.
-they last all day
-the packaging is sleek and sturdy (without the drawer) and also very pretty

so yeah, i have almost no complaints, but there are a few drawbacks
-the value isn't as high as with the urban decay naked palette, you get less shadows and less grams. You also don't get a brush, eyeliner or primer with it (only a little two-day primer sample). The price is lower and it has a decent value, but nothing amazing.
-the lettering on the case rubbs off after a while
-I keep wanting the shadows to be bigger :p

why I like it over the naked palette
-naked doesn't have many light colours
-not much matte colours either
-gunmetal and creep don't go with the rest of the palette
-naked has quite a few colours I just don't use
-the colours easily get muddy when blended
-urban decay's naked is more expensive
(also, the natural eye kit came out before the naked palette:P)

if you have more neutral palettes the too faced natural eye kit can be redundant to have. because the colours aren't extremely unique. But I feel that with it's great lay-out and colour selection within the palette, it's still a nice addition. Even for those who have the naked palette, or the balm nude'tude palette.

I would recommend it to someone who just wants a no fuss palette for day and night. If you are warm toned and like light colours and just want a easy to use palette, this is definitely it.

If you're cool toned, the too faced naked eye kit is a great option, I have that one too and love it. The natural eye kit and the naked eye kit work very well together giving you a lot of colour options.

But if you don't mind not having a matte highlight and you're more into darker, smokier colours and want a black in your palette you're better off with the urban decay naked one or two,

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

My favorite eyeshadow palette so far! The colors harmoniously work together in a way that highlights warm undertones. The colors are strong and last for a long time; although they wash off very easily. (Which is good I guess).

on 4/19/2012 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Thank to MUA ~!!!!!

after I read good reviews about this and watched tutorial video on youtube, I bought it and I LOVE this..!!

it's just perfect for everyday makeup.. and also awesome for night out look. color is soo pretty and has shimmer in it but not too overpowering.. it's total package of pretty natural shimmery eyeshadow :)

on 11/30/2011 8:44:00 PM

In terms of "naked" palettes, I MUCH prefer the Tarte matte naked palette over this one. I generally am not a fan of Too Faced eyeshadow as I find them chalky and overly shimmery. They don't blend well on me and I find the colors unexceptional. I have also owned the Urban Decay palette by that name and was more enamored of it but still always go back to the Tarte set of eyeshadows. Gave this one away.

on 10/19/2011 5:30:00 PM

I swear by neutral eyeshadows and I was very pleased with this palette. The colors are highly pigmented, blendable, and buildable. I also own the UD Naked Palette which I adore just as much. Both are great palettes for people who prefer neutral eyeshadows. I recommend this product if you would rather dish out 36 bucks instead of 50 bucks for the UD Palette. I would also recommend this to owners of the UD Naked Palette because the colors are different and compliment the Naked Palette eyeshadows nicely. I love to mix this palette and the Naked Palette. This Palette also comes with 3 cards that have directions on how to mix the colors and achieve different looks (good for beginners). If you're more advanced there are endless combinations (especially when mixed with the Naked Palette). I am a makeup junkie and I have very high expectations for all the makeup I buy. I must say I am a bit of a makeup snob, the only drugstore product I swear by is Maybelline Superstay, my favorite foundation, surprisingly! This palette met my high standards and I definitely recommend it. As for the people complaining about Nude Beach, it is a very nice eyeshadow. To combat the fallout either swipe some powder under your eye before you apply nude beach, apply the eyeshadow, then swipe the powder away. The powder will catch the fallout and make it easy to be brushed off. Also, with practice at applying eyeshadow, you will eventually learn how to minimalize fallout. Good quality brushes help as well.

on 9/17/2011 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Nice colors & packaging in an attempt to disguise the horribly poor quality of the actual makeup itself. Even with skilled application and over TFSI or UDPP, these shadows can look pretty when first applied, but that's where the accolades end. Give it 5 hours, but definitely by 10 hours the colors actually seem to change init an ashy, garish kinda look, leaving your eyes & face looking exhausted and worn down. It was difficult to decide to return this, because it always looks so deceptively good when worn at first, but really...pay attention to the long term. And return it if you decide to, preferably exchanging for UD Naked or 15th Anniversary palette...trust me, UD palettes are high quality and worth the price difference!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

this is my first h/e palate and I am extremely pleased! I love every single color in this palate except Nude Beach only because I find it hard to work with being there is quite a bit of fall out and I end up with glitter all over my face. However this could be because I'm not a professional :/ I don't really follow the tutorial cards that come with this palate but If you don't really know where to start this could come in handy! My favorite colors are teddy and push up and I think that for the quality of these shadows and the fact that you get 6 shimmer and 3 matte shadows, $35 is awesome! If you don't wanna drop 50 on the UD naked palate this is definitely a great choice!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is my favorite eye shadow set yet! I tend to not look good in bright or colored eye shadows, so this set jumped out to me at Sephora. I can honestly say that all of the colors are usable, and can be used and experimented with eachother so easily! I like to sweep the light brown shade in the middle of the package over my lids and blend in the sparkely dark brown in the bottom right of the package into the outside corners of my eyes and fade it into the center of my lid. I also like to use a larger metallic brown chubby eyeshadow and lightly blend that right above my lashline on the upper lid and then follow with espresso colored eyeliner and Diorshow mascara. These shadows can easily be taken into the nightime and are highly pigmented and blend easily. This is a must have for ladies who love neutrals. You won't be disappointed!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I love, love, love this palette. I go to work w/ no make-up and bring this everyday to put on. I rarely use it the way the cards say although it would be very easy to follow b/c a card is essentially a row. No matter what look I use, "Heaven" is my highlight. It's perfectly matte. I also use "sexpresso" as my eyebrow colour and use the brush it comes with..it's perfect. Depending on the day I'll either put Teddy or the gold one on my lid and it really brightens up my eyes. I never understood what people meant by "smooth" and "blends easily" until I tried these. The only shadow I don't like is "nude beach". Way to sparkly and no matter what I get fallout throughout the day. Will def repurchase!