Too Faced Natural Eye Kit

Filtered by skin type : Other
Too Faced Natural Eye Kit

4.2

on 5/29/2014 10:13:00 PM

This palette is incredible, you can create so many different looks from a heavy brown smokey eye to a no makeup makeup look. I use this mostly on weekdays for a natural eye look. I use heaven (a matte, off-white/cream) on my lid and brow bone, velvet (a cool toned beige with a hint of grey) in the crease and pushup (a shimmery bronze) in the outer V.

The pigmentation (with the exception of nude beach, which is chunky and glittery) is great and the texture is smooth and very easy to blend.

The palette also contains some darker browns that I only use as shadow liner (sexpressso, erotica and cocoa puff), as well as two lighter shimmer shades (honey pot, which is gold and silk teddy, white/light pink) that I use sparingly as inner corner highlights (only once in a while).

I have the older version of this palette, the new one that just came out has some new shades. When I'm finished with the current one, I will purchase the new version. I highly recommend this palette, I think it is a great go-to palette that would suit anyone.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I work at Ulta and I got this with my discount and I love it. I use this for a daytime smokey eye & get so many compliments on it! It's a good palette if you like shimmer. One of my favorites for sure.

Three words. Ebay, Makeup, Stinks! Bad idea.....

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wanted some more natural eye shadows for work so I got this and the Naked Palette. Although I really wanted to use the matte shades (Heaven, Velvet revolver, and sexspresso) they did not flatter me in the least bit. My faves right now seem to be push-up and erotica and I love how erotica and cocoa puff have gold sparkles in them. Those three shades are probably my favorite out of both this palette and my UD Naked palette, but the latter is still the better bargain since the matte shades look horrid on me, and the last 3 colors I didn't mention (silk teddy, Nude beach, and honey pot), lookalikes are also found in the UD palette.

silk teddy->sin
nude beach->sidecar
honey pot->half-baked
And while we're at it velvet revolver looks exactly like naked.

Still, I think it's a very nice set and I really don't mind the cardboard packaging. The dual-ended brush, on the other hand, was not very helpful.

on 2/22/2011 2:30:00 AM

I went a little crazy in ulta and this was one of the products I bought. Amazing palette, imo it's just as good as the naked palette which is another I love. I'm really into natural nude looks, so this was right up my alley. great pigmentation, so many different things to do with it. The little cards are helpful too. the only thing that is useless in this is the brush which is usually the case in most eyeshadow kits. i use my own anyways so it really doesn't matter.

on 12/20/2010 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this kit! I'm all about what's easy lately, and so I have to explain WHY I bought this. StillGlamorous on YouTube has a "5 Minute Makeup" tutorial which I love, and in it she uses this palette, so of course I had to go buy it (I'm just sporadic like that...). I found mine on Ebay for $17.99 because it had a chip in two of the colors (not even that large). So to start off, I think I got a good deal. Anyway, StillGlamorous' tutorial uses the following, which I find to be a perfect, easy everyday look which will take my eyes from plain to much much better without any effort in about 60 seconds: Velvet revolver on lid, Heaven to highlight the brow, and push-up in crease. Then, use sexpresso on lash line with the liner brush. Perfect go-to eye. I love that it's easy and that someone told me what to do LOL. The cards it comes with are ok, but I'm all about tutorials and love YouTube for that. The little brush it comes with is really awful in my opinion...I use an eyeshadow brush to put the shadows on, and I WOULD use my own liner brush, but really if you're in a hurry it's easy to use this little tool. I'm getting used to it...the problem is that it's just so small and the bristles are a bit "harder" than my BE flat liner brush. So anyway that's about it...I travel a lot and this is my easy take-with palette that I would consider buying another of to make sure this is a staple in my travel kit as well as on my vanity!

UPDATE:
Still my absolute favorite palette, and I really think I'm loving it more than UD naked--this one gets MUCH more use, that's for sure. So, I found another tutorial online by JuicyStar07 in a tutorial called "Everyday Neutral Makeup Tutorial" and Blair uses this palette for her gorgeous look that I tried for the first time today and loved! This is how I did mine and I think it's exact or very similar to hers: Mix Silk Teddy and Nude Beach together on a brush (I did two swipes on each to mix) and put on lid. Put Heaven on brow. Use Push-Up in entire crease, from corner to corner, then use Erotica (or Cocoa Puff depending on what you're looking for) for outter V. I lined with a brown liner and it looked gorgeous.

on 11/22/2010 8:44:00 PM

This was just ok, so I returned it. A lot of fallout from the glittery shades, and for a warm-toned palette it wasn't very warm. The pale shades are pigmented but a little ashy. The deep golden brown is gorgeous, but that's about it.

on 11/11/2010 1:10:00 AM

I basically use this palette every single day. You can do so many different looks with it. Nine different shadows, 3 matte, and 6 shimmer is the perfect combo for me. It comes with three little how-to cards on how to get certain looks such as Day, Fashion, and Classy. All of the shadows are highly pigmented. I love to through this in my purse to do my makeup later if I am running late or to touch up anything.

on 7/21/2010 1:15:00 PM

My HG eyeshadow pallet. I don't know how I lived without this before. Comes with beautiful matte and shimmer eyeshadows. I really didn't follow the cards it came with. It's pretty easy to put together looks if you know anything about makeup. I didn't even know it came with a brush until I read other peoples reviews. The brush is ok. If you were stuck and needed an eyeliner brush it would be alright but I think it works best with other brushes. You can use this from day to night. The packaging is a little bulky but not bad. One thing I hated was the fallout though. When you dip your brush in a color there's a lot of fallout still in the pallet which is annoying because it gets in the other colors when you close it but I just blew on it and it came off. Other than that I love this cute little paller. Definitely worth the money. Don't think I will ever run out but if I do I would purchase again!

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

i love this product ! almost everything about it is great !
all of the colours are great together and are lovely on any skin colour its also small enough to carry around in your bag.
i only had a few minor problems with it, one is that there is no mirror on it which would be handy if you were on the go. my other issue is the fact that one of the colours which looked really nice doesn't show up at all, this is the colour velvet revolver which is a very nice matt grey.however, the rest of the colours are very pigmented and come out brilliantly.
the colour are split into 3 catagories; day, classic and fashion.
the 3 day colour are;
heaven-a matt off white (a dupe for mac's chamomile)
velvet revolver-a beautiful matt grey which doesn't show up
sexpresso-a very nice matt dark brown

the 3 classic colours are;
silk teddy-a shimmery pale pink
push up-a shimmery beigey brown with hints of pink and purple
erotica-a shimmery greyish brown

the 3 fashion colours are;
nude beach-highly pigmented light pink (however darker than silk teddy) with lots of glitter in it
cocoa puff- glittery deep brown
honey pot-a highly pigmented shimmery gold

the colours are split into these catagories so that you can create 3 different looks. in the lid of the box there are 3 cards with instructions on how to create the looks, however i didn't like any of them. i found that day was pointless as velvet revolver is meant to go in the crease but doesn't show up so....,classic was nice but not very interesting and very pin and fashion was quite a statement but i wouldn't wear it anywhere. i found it much better to mix and match the colours to make my own colours.
another helpful tool on this kit is the fact that there is a small drawer that contains a liner and sponge brush.

It may sound like i'm complaining about this item, but i truly do love it and would buy it again, all of the colours aare beautiful and its very good value for money. x