Too Faced Natural Eye Kit

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Too Faced Natural Eye Kit

4.5

on 5/8/2015 10:42:00 AM

A pretty good palette over all, my go-to for a neutral look. I wouldn't call it "natural" or anything, it's certainly not a "no makeup-makeup" palette, but it's nice. The only shade I really feel is odd is the Chocolate Martini shade; I'm really not sure what I'm supposed to do with a deep-ish brown with gold shimmer. Maybe good for a brown smokey eye?

All in all, a nice palette, especially since they updated it to the new metal packaging.

PROS-
The shadows are creamy.
Pigmentation is the name of the game and this plays ball.
All the colors are really pretty, there isn't one you can't use.
There's a little book that gives you tips.

CONS-
It is pricey.
They do fade even with a good primer.
I would love if it would be more durable, have a brush, and mirror.

on 5/30/2014 10:28:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This review is for the new Natural Eyes palette in the tin packaging. I am completely in LOVE with this palette. The colors are absolutely perfect and beautiful for natural but beautiful eyes. The shadows blend together beautifully, the matte shadows are amazing, and the shimmer shadows are amazing.

There are some shadows that are basically identical to shadows in the Urban Decay Naked palette...

Silk Teddy = UD Sin
Nudie = UD Naked
Push-Up = UD Toasted
Honey Pot = UD Half Baked

I have to admit though, I tend to grab this palette over the Naked palette for a everyday look because it just seems more easy. The colors are more coordinated in Too Faced's palette.

on 3/13/2014 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Okay, I have both Ud naked and this.
Here are 2 key points that I thought I would share

1. Basics:
UD: what it has: shimmery lid/highlight colors, 2 matte blending browns, black
what it doesn't have: matte highlight

TF: what it has: shimmery and matte highlight/lid colors, matte blending brown,
what it doesn't: black

2. Mids and Darks:
UD: mids: mid tone colors are beautiful (smog, buck and especially toasted are my favorite colors of the palette)
darks: (besides black) quite muddy, not as pigmented, hard to blend

TF: mids: not as good a selection, texture not as good as UD
darks: much better than UD, super pigmented, easy to blend

----
So here's the deal, this is about what you use most.
I use mid tone shades (toasted is my fave eyeshadow every) more often, I need a black and I don't mind using Virgin as a satin finish highlight, so for me, UD is better.

However, if you use a lot of darks and do smokey eyes often, or need many matte colors, I would say TF might work best for you.

Both are lovely, both are worth the price tag, both are travel friendly.
Hope this helps

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This was my first eyeshadow palette, and I got it about four years ago. Now that I own so many eyeshadows, it's not my favorite. However, they're really pigmented, and they blend well. Nude Beach is the only one with huge glitter pieces, so I don't like that one. There are eye shadows in this that are close, or exact dupes. Heaven is a dupe for MAC's Blanc Type. Silk Teddy is really similar to UD Sin, MAC's Naked Lunch, and Jest, Honey Pot is a dupe for UD Half Baked, Velvet Revolver is a less pigmented version of MAC's Omega. I'm sure there are more, but that's all that I have right now. It's a great palette if you love neutrals.

I think a lot of people would be mad at me for this, but ill say it... I very much prefer this over my naked palettes. Yes, nude beach has fall out. But I think so many people hold the naked palettes to such high expectations that they don't admit that those actually have worse fall out. And it doesn't matter too much. I hold a sheet of tissue under my eye. Afterward, I go back in and clean up any sparkles or color that still may have gotten on my cheeks. I do still love my naked palettes, but I feel like maybe this one works better with my skin tone. And too faced does excellent with matte shadows.

on 9/11/2013 8:08:00 AM

I like the colors in this palette but I do not like to use it because of the fallout of the shadows. They are so soft that it is hard to work with. Would not buy again because there are many alternatives. I think that the packaging of the Too Faced palettes are very cute!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is my new go to everyday palette! I love it! It has all the neutral colors I look for and the quality is outstanding! I go for drugstore eyeshadows but to me the only ones that are pigmented are wet n wild and they only have a few natural/neutral shadows. I really wanted a nice pigmented good quality eyeshadow palette and this is defiantly it. I like how it includes some matte shades but not too much cause I prefer a shimmer shadow finish better. The only shade that has problems is nude beach, it's mainly just glitter and no color. Other than that the other shades are great. Silk teddy, velvet revolver,and honey pot are some of my faves. I like using silk teddy on the lid, velvet revolver blended in the crease, and then coco puff, eratica, or sexpresso in the outer crease. I get so much use out of this palette and the looks you can create are endless. If you don't mind parting with some money I totally recommend this. It's worth the 36 bucks and that's coming from someone who prefers drugstore makeup.

on 3/5/2013 4:59:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is the first Too Faced product I've ever used, and I must say I'm impressed!

The quality of the shades is top notch, they're so buttery and easy to apply.
The color selection is nice too, although I feel as though 'silk teddy' and 'nude beach' are almost repeats of eachother, they're awfully similar.
The only shade I'm not overly impressed with is 'heaven', it's not very pigmented, but the color and consistency is so nice I'm willing to overlook it, it's actually become my 'blending' shade, so at least I could find a positive use for it.

Although the packaging is cute, I feel as though it could have been slightly more compact, it's not very travel friendly.

All in all, amazing value for money palette with the kind of shades that are really trending right now, A+!

This is one of my favorite palettes of all time. I love the Too Faced brand in general but their eye shadows are uh-mazing; great color payoff, beautiful color selection, buttery smooth, and phenomenal staying power. I also like that they work well wet or dry. I generally use these wet with my favorite primer (Too Faced Shadow Insurance), and they stay very well. I like the color offerings in this palette a lot and find it to be very versatile for day or night. I also like that it has matte, shimmer, and glitter finishes. Push-Up, Erotica, Honey Pot, and Cocoa Puff are my favorites and I always hit the pan of these four first. Like others have said, Nude Beach is definitely too glittery for me and the fall out is horrible so it is the one color I avoid like the plague in this palette. Other than that, I really think all the colors work well together and they apply and blend so smoothly. I do wish the shadows in the middle column were the "big" pans because those are the ones I actually use for my base. I know the first column is meant to be the base more, but I generally use these (since they're the lightest) for highlighting around the inner corner and the brow bone. This does come with "instructions" for three different looks but I prefer to play around with it a little more. Also, I know that some people don't care for it, but I do like the cardboard packaging it comes in for its size, as well as sustainability.
I would recommend this to anyone looking for a good quality, mid-priced palette with a little variety.