Too Faced Natural Eye Kit

Too Faced Natural Eye Kit

4.5

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Disappointing. I bought this instead of Naked because I know I prefer mattes and satins rather than glitter. However, this palette , the finish of the 6 eyeshadows are of glimmery (Silk Teddy, Push-Up, Erotica, Nude Beach, Honey Pot, Cocoa Puff)that does not blend into my eye and lays on the top and looks like cheap makeup. These 6 eyeshadows are of non-satisfactory texture to me. The rest of the 3 matte eyeshadows (Heaven, Velvet Revolver, Sexpresso)are good. I should say, above average in its smoothness and blendability. But I did not love it as much as Stila's eyeshadow. So the 3 remain to be okay-ish eyeshadows that I would use, but not oh-i-would-definitely-buy-again. For, colours, the top row (Heaven, Velvet Revolver, Sexpresso)and the last row (Honey Pot, Cocoa Puff)are more brown in colour and suits me. The middle row (Silk Teddy, Push-Up, Erotica) has red undertones in it that makes my eyes shallow. Of the 3 bases as all over lid colours (Heaven, Silk Teddy, Nude Beach), only the matte white one in the top row (Heaven) is usable for me, the lower 2 shimmery bases (Silk Teddy, Nude Beach) contain pink and shimmers that I do not like. Such a waste! I am finding ways to use these 2 bases.

In all, out of 9 eyeshadows only 3 are truly acceptable in both terms of texture and colour. This is very disappointing.

on 9/17/2011 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Nice colors & packaging in an attempt to disguise the horribly poor quality of the actual makeup itself. Even with skilled application and over TFSI or UDPP, these shadows can look pretty when first applied, but that's where the accolades end. Give it 5 hours, but definitely by 10 hours the colors actually seem to change init an ashy, garish kinda look, leaving your eyes & face looking exhausted and worn down. It was difficult to decide to return this, because it always looks so deceptively good when worn at first, but really...pay attention to the long term. And return it if you decide to, preferably exchanging for UD Naked or 15th Anniversary palette...trust me, UD palettes are high quality and worth the price difference!

on 4/30/2010 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

nope...too shimmery for everyday natural look. they will give you a set of matte colors and that's it...not worth it.
Also for those who are allergic to Bismuth Oxychloride, like me, avoid this, because some of the eye shadow has that ingredient...especially the shimmery ones.

on 11/24/2013 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Disappointed. . . this is not worth the money to me. This caught my eye months ago, and I love neutral shadows and had never tried Too Faced eyeshadows before. While I love their BB cream, this just isn't something I would ever buy again.

I have hit pan on 2 matte shades in the top row - "Velvet Revolver" and "Sexpresso" and like both of these shades. They are not the best quality but I really like "Velvet Revolver" worn alone on the lid, and it blends decently but isn't as smooth as some other brands. Although Velvet Revolver looks great worn with some brown eyeliner or a cat eye.

My main dislike is the excessive glitter in the "Silk Teddy" and "Nude Beach". I have used these a total of 2x each. . maybe. They flake a lot, and are quite dusty. They don't show up with much colour but mostly glitter/shimmer on my eyelids and there is too much fallout for me to reach for this. As a base shade they are too light for my skin and look odd on my lids. Overall - I have almost used up all of the matte shades but the others just lack quality and are too shimmery for my taste. Packaging is cute though, but if you drop it - the glittery shadows are very soft and will pretty much break immediately - and I've dropped my Naked palette - it was fine along with other Lorac, Kat Von D shimmery stuff which survived the flight down, but this just broke and fell right out of the box, which really isn't a big deal considering I don't use the glittery shades.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I have to agree with my beautiful and lovely mauer vwbenzo on this palette. We are the very few in this pool that wasn't wowed by this palette. I find the packaging cute, feminine fun and even my 60+ yr old conservative mother caught her eye on the Too Faced display at Ulta. However, the quality of the actual shadows aren't my cup of tea. People get defensive about shadows and it reminds me of being a fan for a particular football team. No Urban Decay is the best! No Too Faced is better! No Lorac or go home! Stila or suck on it! I particularly like the butter smooth soft shadows that you'll find with Lorac, Stila and Shiseido. I like my shadows to blend with ease. I don't like to go over and over my crease to force it to blend in. I like shadows to just seamlessly melt into each other. With most Too Faced shadows and including this palette, I have to work at getting shades to mesh in nicely. I only enjoy the top row of this palette which are the matte shades: Heaven (cream) Velvet Revolver (taupe) and Sexpresso (deep brown). However, Velvet Revolver is poor in pigmentation but the formula is smooth. The 2nd row is mediocre and contain heavy frost and or shimmer: Silk Teddy (champagne pink) Push Up (bronze pink) Erotica (soft charcoal). I really don't care for Silk Teddy because of the unnatural frosty harsh look of it. I do like Push up and Erotica is decent in pigmentation but a bit gritty in texture. The last row is a waste and completely poor in quality. The finishes are very glittery and gritty, just like putting crushed shells on your lids! Nude Beach (glittery light warm toned pink) Honey Pot (glittery warm 24k gold) and Cocoa Puff (glittery warm milk chocolate). Ugh, I really hate the bottom row of this. So much fallout with this bottom row as well. I agree with vwbenzo when she mentioned that after a few hours of wear, these shadows seem to turn muddy and make me look tired as well. When I wear Shiseido or Urban Decay Naked shadows, they look fresh all day long. I really tried to love this palette due to the high reviews but it is a bust.

on 11/30/2011 10:18:00 AM

Try LTD Commodities Natural Eye. $5. I was shocked to see this and Matte Eye in the catalog for $5. Darn it!

Three words. Ebay, Makeup, Stinks! Bad idea.....

on 1/25/2011 5:27:00 AM

I'm not a big fan of this palette. I bought it because I could never find the elusive Naked palette and thought this would hold me over. I absolutely LOVE silk teddy, that is the perfect highlight for me it looks awesome but that's the only color I like. I'm not a huge fan of matte shadows so I knew I wouldnt love the top 3 but the rest of the colors looked ok so I bought it anyway. Nude Beach is a horrible color, I don't know what Too Faced was thinking. It has chunks of glitter in it, like the kind you do crafts with in kindergarten, the chunky huge kind it's just awful. And that's a large shadow. They also have horrible fallout. I have a palette from Icing, super cheap shadows and I can wear a color similar to Sexpresso during a hard cardio workout and no fallout, however Sexpresso shadow fell all over my face and I had dark spots on my cheeks from the shadow falling, that's with a primer. First Too Faced purchase and my last. Gave it 2 stars becuase I do like that one shadow.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I liked the look of the shadows in the store, and swatched them on my hands before buying them. But I am very fair skinned and when i went to use them over a primer(urban decay) silk teddy was way too light and looked almost like a shimmery white and nude beach too much glitter that it was all over my face by the end of the day. The only color that i found useful was heaven, and thats as a highlight and sexpot. overall, i wish that i would of saved my money and bought a better pallette

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Honestly, not a great fan of this.
The matte eyeshadows are quite chalky and can sometimes have a greenish tint to them
The second row of eyeshadows are unpigmented
And the last row have crazy fallout and the glitter chunks are quite disturbing...
Got this as a present...soo happy I didnt pay 36 $ for this item