Too Faced Natural Eye Kit

Filtered by age: 44-55
Too Faced Natural Eye Kit

3.8

on 5/22/2012 6:36:00 PM

The only reason i am giving this 4 and not 5 lippies is because of the packaging. It is too bulky to fit in my cosmetic bag and could have been made much smaller and in a non cardboard container for durability.

Other than the packaging issue the product is wonderful and I have purchased all of the Too Faced Eye Palettes and this is one of my favorites.

Shadow goes on smoothly, doesn't crease, and wears well. Color payoff is great and these shades work well with any eye color and skin tone. Shimmer is there but not too much for the over 40 peeps!

on 11/30/2011 10:18:00 AM

Try LTD Commodities Natural Eye. $5. I was shocked to see this and Matte Eye in the catalog for $5. Darn it!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This was the first Too Faced product I'd ever bought and I was so impressed that I've purchased quite a few more products since then.

The name of this palette is a bit misleading - you can do everything from a very natural, neutral eye to a very dramatic look using just this palette. Of the 9 shadows in it, 8 are tremendous in terms of the lovely assortment of colours, the smoothness and ease of blending and the pigmentation - full marks for all of that. I took off one "lippie" for 2 reasons and one is the horrible chunky glitter in Nude Beach. There is simply no way to apply this otherwise beautiful colour without having plentiful traces of glitter all over your cheeks and under your eyes...it's just a mess! And believe me, they can't just be brushed away afterward! The glitter defies removal! The other colours are fantastic, however - Heaven is basically Mac's Vanilla and Velvet Revolver is somewhat like Omega. Sexpresso is a lovely deep, rich matte brown with no trace of red. Silk Teddy is a very wearable and flattering shade of peach with some shimmer - very much like MAC's Naked Lunch. Push Up - I don't even know what to compare it to (maybe a bit like UD's Toasted) but it's a gorgeous flattering sort of pinky bronze shade with glow, not glitter. Erotica is a very deep, dark brown with golden glitter....I think it's probably a lot like Nars Mekong (though I don't own that and am just going on swatches I've seen but mean to check it out the next time I'm at Sephora, if I ever remember!). The last row - the one with Nude Beach - does offer up two more terrific shadows - Honey Pot (which I've seen compared to Woodwinked though I think Honey Pot is more flattering and less orange) and Cocoa Puff which is a very good dupe of another Nars shadow -Galapagos. In the middle row, Erotica is very close to Mekong (I've now compared them in-store)!

The second reason I took off a lippie is because the packaging is unnecessarily bulky! It's a cardboard box (not my fave but I can live with it) with a secure magnet closing that holds even when I've travelled with it. But because Too Faced is offering a basically useless (though I've seen way worse) brush/applicator and decided to house this in its own little drawer below the shadows (rather than in a slot/trough in the same compartment with the shadows), this has resulted in a much more bulky package than necessary and a thinner one would be much better. There are 3 cards to show you how to use the shadows but they're pretty bog-standard and don't involve anything more complicated than going horizontally across any of the 3 "groupings" and using them just as you'd expect. A bit more in the way of creativity might have been nice (they could have put two looks on each card - one on the front and one on the back! Now, there's an idea).

I got this some months BEFORE I purchased the UD Naked palette but I still feel that this palette from Too Faced is a lovely product and I'd certainly purchase it again.

Wow! Nice portable size, sweet colors, substantial container, great concept!

I really have enjoyed this product. My favorites in the kit are the matte Heaven shadow that I use for a base over UDPP and Erotica, a brown sparkle that I use on the outer V/crease.

I am a little concerned because I have used Heaven only about fifteen times (yeah that is a lot) but it already has a huge dip in it. Obviously I have to use a lot of product to get the payoff. Erotica has better payoff - - it still has no visible sign of use even though I have used it as much as the larger Heaven.

Unfortunately, I don't have a use for Silk Teddy, Nude Beach, Honey Pot, or Push Up. I don't particularly care for Cocoa Puff though I might use Sexpresso and Velvet Revolver from time to time.

So, I do not think I would repurchase the palette just for Heaven and Erotica. I'd just try to dupe these two colors preferably with a Heaven color that has better payoff.

I really think this product should be at a lower price point in comparison to the many Too Faced products that are available. Try to get it on a deal of some sort.