Too Faced Natural Eye Kit

Filtered by age: 30-35
Too Faced Natural Eye Kit

4.4

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great little palatte! You have everything you need to make a great smoky eye or a matte day/work look. Small enough to stash in a makeup bag and great to travel instead of carrying a bulky palatte!

Fav Colors - Honey Pot, Silk Teddy and Sexspresso!

I really enjoy this palette. The cards were difficult to get out and got lost a long time ago, but the shadows are amazing. I love the colors, especially espresso, push up and erotica. All but the day look are very shimmery, so I am unsure I would describe it as natural. The shadow has excellent staying power and doesn't make a mess all over my nose and cheeks when I put it on. I would recommend it, I am glad I bought it, but there's so much out there exciting to buy in eyeshadow land I probably wouldn't repurchase it. Plus the palette I have has lasted a very long time and I'm not even close to running out.

on 5/29/2014 10:13:00 PM

This palette is incredible, you can create so many different looks from a heavy brown smokey eye to a no makeup makeup look. I use this mostly on weekdays for a natural eye look. I use heaven (a matte, off-white/cream) on my lid and brow bone, velvet (a cool toned beige with a hint of grey) in the crease and pushup (a shimmery bronze) in the outer V.

The pigmentation (with the exception of nude beach, which is chunky and glittery) is great and the texture is smooth and very easy to blend.

The palette also contains some darker browns that I only use as shadow liner (sexpressso, erotica and cocoa puff), as well as two lighter shimmer shades (honey pot, which is gold and silk teddy, white/light pink) that I use sparingly as inner corner highlights (only once in a while).

I have the older version of this palette, the new one that just came out has some new shades. When I'm finished with the current one, I will purchase the new version. I highly recommend this palette, I think it is a great go-to palette that would suit anyone.

on 5/5/2014 12:50:00 PM

This review is for the reformulated 2013/2014 version. In my experience, Too Faced can be very hit/miss when it comes to eyeshadow palettes. In general, I love the quality of most of the palettes I've owned, but there has been a few duds along the way. This one - is no dud!

I own A LOT of palettes, especially neutral ones, and it's hard for me to use them repeatedly, day after day, unless I really love it. Let me tell you, I really love this one.

The shades are perfect for an everyday neutral eye that can be worn to work, church or even a night out. The combination of matte, shimmer and glittery shadows works so well. There's not one single shadow in this palette that I don't like. They blend well, wear well and last all day.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This was my first eyeshadow palette, and I got it about four years ago. Now that I own so many eyeshadows, it's not my favorite. However, they're really pigmented, and they blend well. Nude Beach is the only one with huge glitter pieces, so I don't like that one. There are eye shadows in this that are close, or exact dupes. Heaven is a dupe for MAC's Blanc Type. Silk Teddy is really similar to UD Sin, MAC's Naked Lunch, and Jest, Honey Pot is a dupe for UD Half Baked, Velvet Revolver is a less pigmented version of MAC's Omega. I'm sure there are more, but that's all that I have right now. It's a great palette if you love neutrals.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This was my first eye palette that I purchased from this line. It's fabulous! The colors are great and very wearable. They also have great staying power especially if you use a primer underneath. I purchased my mine on HSN when they had it on sale plus free shipping. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a nice natural palette.

on 11/24/2013 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Disappointed. . . this is not worth the money to me. This caught my eye months ago, and I love neutral shadows and had never tried Too Faced eyeshadows before. While I love their BB cream, this just isn't something I would ever buy again.

I have hit pan on 2 matte shades in the top row - "Velvet Revolver" and "Sexpresso" and like both of these shades. They are not the best quality but I really like "Velvet Revolver" worn alone on the lid, and it blends decently but isn't as smooth as some other brands. Although Velvet Revolver looks great worn with some brown eyeliner or a cat eye.

My main dislike is the excessive glitter in the "Silk Teddy" and "Nude Beach". I have used these a total of 2x each. . maybe. They flake a lot, and are quite dusty. They don't show up with much colour but mostly glitter/shimmer on my eyelids and there is too much fallout for me to reach for this. As a base shade they are too light for my skin and look odd on my lids. Overall - I have almost used up all of the matte shades but the others just lack quality and are too shimmery for my taste. Packaging is cute though, but if you drop it - the glittery shadows are very soft and will pretty much break immediately - and I've dropped my Naked palette - it was fine along with other Lorac, Kat Von D shimmery stuff which survived the flight down, but this just broke and fell right out of the box, which really isn't a big deal considering I don't use the glittery shades.

on 9/11/2013 8:08:00 AM

I like the colors in this palette but I do not like to use it because of the fallout of the shadows. They are so soft that it is hard to work with. Would not buy again because there are many alternatives. I think that the packaging of the Too Faced palettes are very cute!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I have to agree with my beautiful and lovely mauer vwbenzo on this palette. We are the very few in this pool that wasn't wowed by this palette. I find the packaging cute, feminine fun and even my 60+ yr old conservative mother caught her eye on the Too Faced display at Ulta. However, the quality of the actual shadows aren't my cup of tea. People get defensive about shadows and it reminds me of being a fan for a particular football team. No Urban Decay is the best! No Too Faced is better! No Lorac or go home! Stila or suck on it! I particularly like the butter smooth soft shadows that you'll find with Lorac, Stila and Shiseido. I like my shadows to blend with ease. I don't like to go over and over my crease to force it to blend in. I like shadows to just seamlessly melt into each other. With most Too Faced shadows and including this palette, I have to work at getting shades to mesh in nicely. I only enjoy the top row of this palette which are the matte shades: Heaven (cream) Velvet Revolver (taupe) and Sexpresso (deep brown). However, Velvet Revolver is poor in pigmentation but the formula is smooth. The 2nd row is mediocre and contain heavy frost and or shimmer: Silk Teddy (champagne pink) Push Up (bronze pink) Erotica (soft charcoal). I really don't care for Silk Teddy because of the unnatural frosty harsh look of it. I do like Push up and Erotica is decent in pigmentation but a bit gritty in texture. The last row is a waste and completely poor in quality. The finishes are very glittery and gritty, just like putting crushed shells on your lids! Nude Beach (glittery light warm toned pink) Honey Pot (glittery warm 24k gold) and Cocoa Puff (glittery warm milk chocolate). Ugh, I really hate the bottom row of this. So much fallout with this bottom row as well. I agree with vwbenzo when she mentioned that after a few hours of wear, these shadows seem to turn muddy and make me look tired as well. When I wear Shiseido or Urban Decay Naked shadows, they look fresh all day long. I really tried to love this palette due to the high reviews but it is a bust.

on 11/17/2012 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Very good pigmentation. Love this palette u just have to know how to use it. Nc 45