Ion Repair Solutions Hair Reconstructor

Ion Repair Solutions Hair Reconstructor

4.3

WATER ,PROPYLENE GLYCOL ,DISODIUM COCOAMPHODIPROPIONATE ,LECITHIN ,POLYQUATERNIUM-10 ,MAGNESIUM SULFATE ,ACRYLATES COPOLYMER ,CITRIC ACID ,GLYCOL STEARATE ,FRAGRANCE ,COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE ,PEG-2 DIMEADOWFOAMAMIDOETHYLMONIUM METHO ,DIAZOLIDINYL UREA ,DIMETHICONE PEG-8 MEADOWFOAMATE ,ZINC CHLORIDE ,POLYSORBATE 20 ,CHENOPODIUM QUINOA SEED ,TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ,PHYTANTRIOL ,IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE ,HYDROLYZED KERATIN ,PANTHENOL ,CARAMEL ,YELLOW 5 ,LIMONENE

on 4/29/2018 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

It's easily available at Sally beauty on sale and performs well. The formula is thin enough to distribute easily through the hair. I won't be repurchasing it due to the overwhelming smell. It has a very strong cherry-almond soap odor that is very strong. If you don't mind that it's a very good option.

on 3/13/2018 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I hope they still make this since I haven’t had to purchase in a long time - I have very short fine hair which I abuse the hell out of with hair dye and bleach but this has lasted forever in the big pump bottle. I keep this in my linen closet for desperate situations. I have aphogee too but it’s a stinky mess. This smells like almond cherry hand soap which I love. It lathers & is a strange consistency kinda slimy but aren’t all protein treatments? I leave under cap on clean hair (sometimes right after bleaching and shimmer light shampoo) for 20 min to an hour and follow with sallys GVP ‘biolage’ balm. I usually don’t rinse the balm out and put pure coconut oil right over it. So no cones. My hair air dries feeling muuuuuch better!!!!! So soft with less breakage. I should use this more often like weekly maybe with the abuse my hair goes through. Doesn’t soften hence the need for moisture after! Don’t forget this step.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like that this foams so that application is a breeze. I left it in for eight minutes in the shower to do it's work but I think I will try ten minutes next time. After rinsing, I apply my deep conditioner. My hair looked so much more shiny and stayed soft. I'm definitely getting more packs of this to keep on hand.

on 2/10/2017 9:53:00 PM

My curl pattern completely changed after a brief, but damaging, coloring phase a couple of years ago. The hair around my face became straight and fried. Since, I have stopped coloring my hair and only flat iron my hair 2-3 times a month. After growing most of my hair out and deep conditioning religiously every week, and trimming away the damaged hair, my curl pattern is not back to normal on the hair surrounding my face. I went to Sally's and grabbed a small of packet of this last week and tried it when I got home. The first time, I followed the directions on the packet but I did not condition afterward. I wasn't happy with the results, so I jumped online to see what I was missing. I was missing a deep conditioning treatment after, silly me. I tried it again tonight, after chopping another 4 inches off, and the hair around my face has a wave. I see a wave, people! Even a baby girl here and there. This product works. I bought a big bottle for $10.99 and I will be using it once a week. I let my hair air dry and it's super soft, shiny, and bouncy. Deep conditioning after using this reconstructor is key.

on 8/19/2015 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I actually like the brand ION and have found several gems from their lines. This is one of them. Although I did find the Aphogee 2 Step Protein Treatment to be effective, I did not enjoy the texture of the product itself nor how it hardened my hair to rock solid while applied. This is a decent alternative. Being completely honest - Aphogee does have hydrolyzed keratin higher in their ingredient list.

So I leave this on much longer than instructed, to make up for the lesser protein amount. I like to keep it on my hair for about 2 hours. What I like about ION's formula is that it applies like a shampoo. You can lather it up to spread it through your hair easier. It's not terribly sticky, either.

As for results, this gets the job done. My hair is left feeling stronger. I would advise you all to follow up with a deep conditioner. Because alike to many reconstructors, this is a bit drying.

The price is a good value for the amount in a bottle. I get more applications out of it thanks to the lathering consistency than I do from Aphogee's. I will repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is pure gold if you have VERY dry damaged hair. Let me start off by saying I'm a natural blonde. I have been dying my hair brown for the last 7 years because my blonde hair is more of a dirty blonde and it had multiple tones that I just don't like. I decided I wanted to go back to blonde for my college graduation pictures. So I decided I would do it at home and see how it goes. I bleached my hair twice one day because my hair was extremely healthy and deep conditioned in between. My hair felt dry and brittle even after deep conditioning so I ended up going to salon to ensure I didn't damage my hair further. While I was at the salon I was told to pick up a reconstructor . So I picked up this one. I didnt wash my hair for three days and than used this. The first time I left in for 15 minutes because I felt as of my hair needed it. It was irritating to my forehead. I washed it out. Deep Conditioned and my hair instantly felt better but not 100 percent. So after another 4 days of not washing my hair I did the process again and my hair is as good as new. Let me warn you though my hair did feel thicker instantly but the ends looked dryer and usual so I put some oils in it slept through the night and my ends look 100 percent now. So you need to let your hair dry before you judge this product. You also need to use some form of deep conditioner because this will dry you out.

on 4/3/2015 5:38:00 AM

I have very long, thick, wavy hair. I bought this after bleaching out a few small peekaboo highlights under my layers. I left it on for a good 5 minutes after shampooing per the instructions, but this left my hair extremely dry each time. The bleached sections of my hair actually felt better BEFORE I used this product.

on 2/23/2015 11:56:00 AM

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! A few weeks ago I had used a temporary hair dye and hated the results. I shampooed my hair lots of times to try to get the color out. Sure enough, that was a mistake. My hair became dry, frizzy, and I had to wear it in a bun for 2 weeks. It became knotted really fast and easily. The most awful condition my hair has ever been in, even when I had previously bleached it. I was desperate for a product that would allow me to wear my hair down and fix the mess I made. I went to Sally's to buy the 180 Repair Discovery Kit but when we asked the worker, she recommended this product. We took her word for it, and also purchased the 180Repair Kit. I washed my hair once with the shampoo and treatment, pairing it with the shampoo & conditioner of the 180Repair Kit, and finishing with L'oreal Damage Repair Deep Conditioning Hair Mask (which I've been using for some time now). ONE wash and these products did WONDERS to my hair!! It's back to being soft, smooth, shiny, and cooperative. It's no longer difficult to brush it out in the mornings & it looks even better than before it was damaged! I would recommend this product to anyone who has dry, coarse, or frizzy damaged hair that is in desperate need of a solution. This product is great, not overpriced, smells great, and works wonders! Thank you ion for this magical treatment!

This is the best stuff ever!!!!! I have very thick medium length hair and I'm constantly dying my hair. I have used everything from Paul Mitchell to deep conditioners and nothing has worked! I washed my hair with the ion repairs shampoo (the red bottle) washed and applied the reconstructor. My hair feels soft and the ends of my hair are smooth and no longer look like a frayed tooth brush!!!! Also I left the constructor in for about 15 minutes. I cannot express how much I love this stuff! I went from fried hair that I nearly went and chopped 4 inches off. To smooth shiny healthy hair. Everyone's hair is different but I highly recommend. It is a protein treatment and I didn't need a conditioner after. And the smell is amazing!!!

on 6/18/2014 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I started using this product about 3 years ago, since I used to color treat and iron my hair a lot and it became a frizzy, brittle mess. I got the large pump bottle and used it weekly.

As a reconstructor, it worked wonders on my hair but only after I learned two things about it:
1. This product is -not- conditioning. Using a deep conditioner after rinsing it off is a must.
2. Less is more. Using too much product leaves hair feeling oddly stiff.

I now use it monthly, since I abandoned damaging hair treatments and heat tools over a year ago. :)