Aveda Smooth Infusion Glossing Straightener

Aveda Smooth Infusion Glossing Straightener

4.4

water, propanediol, dimethicone, phenyl trimethicone, dimethiconol, hydroxypropylcellulose, hydrolised wheat protein pg-propyl silanetriol, aloe, hydroxypropyltrimonium hydrolised corn starch, peg-40 hydrogenated castor oil, sodium magnesium silicate, hydroxypropyl guar, pvp, fragrance, ethylhexylglycerin, dehydroacetic acid, phenoxyethanol, benzoic acid

on 5/10/2016 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product really works great! I have tried lots of straighting/styling creams that don't work well at all. This product has more of a gel serum like texture and it really straightens my nautually curly frizzy hair in to a smooth glossy Hollywood hair with little effort!!

on 3/11/2016 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Usually I write reviews I want to contribute to the VAST conversation about beauty here on the internet. However, I really think this is a sort of PSA for women who have trouble hair. Hope it helps XOXO

I can't even find a description for my hair. All I know is that it can go from curly to wavy, is tangled, and unmanageable. It's dry but my scalp is oily. When I moisturize it it looks heavy and when I wash it regularly it gets crisp. My sister has a beautiful curly mane and mine literally turns into dreads within 12 hours of washing and detangling and conditioning it. It makes me feel ugly, dirty, disorganized, and sometimes helpless. It makes me crazy, lazy about taking care of it, and keeps me wearing an uncomfortably tight bun all day. Enter the Aveda Smooth Infusion Straightener. The first time I tried it it made my hair better for the whole week. I was so shocked and frightened by how much control my hair had on the way I live my life and see myself. I washed at the end of the week and applied again, straightening it like I did the first time, and was enjoying more relaxed curls that DID NOT clump together. For the first time in a long time I felt put-together and attractive. I used this more or less every time I washed my hair and I found that the oils distributed more evenly down the hair shaft so that my scalp was less oily. I also noticed how light my head felt since I could put my hair down or in a loose clip. When I curled my hair it looked great, and when I came out of the shower I didn't feel totally overwhelmed by the task at hand. When I straightened my hair it took less time and my hair actually moved around like it had regained "flexibility."

That being said, it's not perfect. It is activated by heat and heat is not the best thing for hair so there's a definite sacrifice. It also takes a while to get the full effects. You have to use it 3-5 times with the straighter pretty much every time you wash your hair (mine was once a week) before it gives lasting results (mine lasted about a month after the fourth treatment.) Straightening still takes time. But I spend a LOT less time figuring out what to do with my hair. It's also not cheap and Aveda don't do sales.

That being said, it makes my life way way easier and makes me braver to show and play and connect with my hair. Oh, and it also smells good.

Pro tip* the effects last longer if you use a sulfate free shampoo.

-BTW to clarify when I say dreads I mean unintentional dreads. All hair is beautiful but I get dreads that clump together, look unintended, and bunch to one side of my head.

To Read all 55 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/11/2015 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I'm not too sure what's the hype all about of this product. Firstly, it's too pricey. Secondly, although it does keep my hair in place since I've got frizzy hair, but, it made my hair look lifeless. Besides, it's starting to make my hair dry

This stuff really helps give your hair that asian bone-straight look which I happen to love, great product!

on 7/4/2015 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I cannot sing the praises of this product enough. When I do blow-out my curly hair straight, this is my go-to preferred leave-in. It makes my hair sleek, shiny, so soft, and straight. I use about a quarter for my waist length hair, and blow-dry in sections. I don't often wear my hair straight, and unfortunately this product does almost nothing if you're not blowing out your hair. Don't waste it on a curly air-dry day; this product really shines (literally) when you use it in conjunction with a blow out (which is what it's intended for anyway). It's a little pricey; the only product line that comes close is John Freida's frzz-ease serum, but I think the Aveda line smells better. The Aveda glossing straighetner smells somewhat lemony and doesn't have that "hair product" smell.

on 4/6/2015 2:04:00 PM

I have a new healthy haircut and this stuff makes my hair look and feel like straw. I highly DON'T recommend this stuff. I am using the shampoo, conditioner as well as the glossing straightener, so I can't exactly be certain which product sucks, so I will put this review under all three products.

One of my current favorite styling products. I have waist length dark brown hair with balyage highlights. This stuff lasts forever as you only need a very small amount for each use. Also I only wash my hair twice a week (dry shampoo in between) so it goes a long way. I recently highlighted my hair and this is one of the products Ive used in my routine to keep it looking shiny, healthy and straight. I also use this in my damp hair and braid it then go to sleep when I want the wavy look and this keeps my hair soft and frizz free. The consistency is quite thick so I rub it in my hands and lightly pull it through sections from my ears to the ends of my hair, then comb to distribute.

I also use aveda damage remedy leave in, dry remedy daily moisturizing oil and light elements finishing drops. Yes the products are expensive but they do last a very long time and are effective! Would definitely repurchase this and the other aveda products I mentioned.

on 2/4/2015 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

EDIT 2: Like the effect mixed with coconut but It makes me break out on my neck if I put on this part of the hair. I want to finish so I keep using it but still.. won't repurchase it!

EDIT: So finally I figure out someway to use it! I mix a pea size of this produtc with 3-4 pea size of coconut oil and mix everything in my hands and apply on the lenght of my hair. Really like the result!!! I already used coconut oil as a serum for my air but I definetly see an improvement mixed with this product! Shiny hair with some body, not as flat !

Got this a year ago. This gives a straigh hair look flat-iron like, works if you are looking for this flat straigh hair style. I prefer my hair with a bit of natural mouvement and volume. This takes down my volume.

I need to really well brush my hair on the second day or it will be REALLY tangle on the next day when I wash it.

Also the main ingredient in this formula is silicone. When I used it in summer I get pimples in my back.

So I am still trying to find a way I will really appreciate this product so I could finish it.

on 1/20/2015 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I received a free sample of Smooth Infusion Glossing Straightener. It works! My hair is fine, dry, color-treated and a bit wavy. These products (especially if you use all of them together (the shampoo being the least important) keep the cuticle down. Smells great (herbal) like all Aveda products. For free? Great. Would I buy it? Yes. I plan to buy a full bottle once I finish some of my other products.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I haven't used Aveda hair products in a long time as I wanted to try other brands and I didn't want to pay the price tags. Things can and do come full circle and I've discovered this great styling product.

I was initially reluctant to pay $28.50 CAD for a 125 ml/4 oz. tube but now I'm glad I did. This product is worth every penny for obtaining a sleek, smooth finish.
I like that it's a light weight cream formula that doesn't leave my hair feeling greasy.
All I need is one tiny squeeze onto the palm of my hands and I mix it with a few drops of Aveda's Dry Remedy Moisturizing Oil and work it into the ends of my hair before blow drying.

What I really love is that my hair doesn't feel limp or weighed down. It feels light and my hair still has 'bounce'.

I'll definitely re-purchase this product again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials