LA Colors 'Glittering Starlet' palette

2.3

Price: $

Price: $

on 6/4/2011 11:20:00 PM

I have these in Audrey and Ginger. Overall, they are an ok shadow. Used dry, there is very little color payoff and the glitter fallout is really bad. It gets everywhere. I have, however, had alot of luck using it wet or even applying it over a cream shadow. When applied with a cream shadow (especially white), the pigmentation is much better and the fallout decreases alot. They do look really nice if you can apply them just right, and the glitter is really cute, not huge and gaudy.

on 1/3/2010 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

i bought these shadow at the beauty supply store thinking they were going to be something. The gliter is wayyyy to chunky and the pigmentation was blotchy the only good thing is i got 2 for 5 bucks so i guess i am not completey kicking my self for buying this. other than the price this was one of the worst purchases ever ladies save your money dont buy this!!!

on 7/18/2009 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I have the "Claudette" palette, which appears to be the darker set of all of the palette choices.

I just got mine from a swap today and while I have swatched most of the shadows on my fingers, I have not worn any of them, yet.

The shadows appear to be mostly matte with silver glitter, if there is any shimmer it is very light. They also seem to be highly pigmented and very opaque, which is great. Easy to get a good amount of color on the first swipe.
Cute package. Each shadow is about the size of a dime.

I will re-do my review once I have had the opportunity to wear them. For now I'm leaving my Overall Rating at a 3 since that's in the middle.