Hot Tools 3-Barrel Waver

3.3

on 12/15/2014 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a review for the Pink Titanium 3 Barrel Waver. I hoped that this would give loose beachy waves and it didn't do that for me. It gave me small "S" waves and the waves didn't look as nice as the results my Conair waver gives me. This also made my hair a bit frizzy. I returned this.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I see that the comments so far were by coarse- haired girls, so I had to write from my point of view, i.e from the point of view of someone with fine, long, layered and overprocessed hair. I have a lot of styling tools, usually go for the latest on the market, just out of curiosity.This iron gives really nice and smooth Marcel sort of wave, which is deep enough not to be confused with a crimp. The barrels are 2 cm in diametre and they clamp together pretty well.

on 9/25/2009 5:47:00 PM

I have to agree with everything the reviewer below me said. Since my hair is so thick the waves come out looking scrunchy and frizzy. I know it is because the barrels are so small. I am sure it would work better for someone who has thin hair. So after using this I purchased the revlon one which has much bigger barrels and I am in love with it! It works perfectly for me. This one however, just doesn't do the trick for me which is unfortunate since I spent 40 bucks on it. Needless to say I would not repurchase.

on 7/17/2009 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

I bought the Hot Tools 3 Barrel Waver from Ulta for $29.99 (on sale) since it got pretty good reviews from youtube gurus. Came home very excited to try it and ................ I must say I'm a bit disappointed because I'm a huge Hot Tools fan but this 3 barrel waver only gives me "weak" waves, it almost look like I "scrunch" my hair. I must admit my hair is coarse and hard to curl, so I have the setting all the way to "HIGH" but the waves I got was nothing like the nice waves that's on the picture or the way it shows on the youtube gurus :(( BTW I do have another 3 barrel waver and it's from Revlon which gives me great waves at 1/2 the price ! I got this one because I just always lusted after Hot Tools because I LOVE their curling irons. Sad to say that I think this 3 barrel waver is only "okay" my waves does last a long time w/o any hairspray/mousse which is why I LOVE Hot tools, but the waves itselt was just "meh". This waver probably will work better on people who have thinner/layered or finer hair.

Popular Hair Styling Tools